It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on my next handgun purchase?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just go with 500 s&w... Who cares about these weenie guns

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
as far as I am concerned until any other gun company steps up with stuff like this theprepared.com...

- Glock : accept no substitution

extremely happy owner of a gen 4 g17 with a mag of speer 9mm +p ready to end all brain eaters.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
as far as I am concerned until any other gun company steps up with stuff like this theprepared.com...

- Glock : accept no substitution

extremely happy owner of a gen 4 g17 with a mag of speer 9mm +p ready to end all brain eaters.

Wow. He put that gun through HELL. That is pretty impressive. I'm definitely going to try some Glocks on for size after all of the recommendations.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

I have owned a sig 232 for going on ten years now. It is small and easy to carry concealed any time of year. Being a .380 ammo choice is important but this is the smallest I would go personally. I have fired the sig 220 in .45acp, and even though it is an excellent gun, flawless function and very accurate, I did not like it. It recoils strangely for my taste, kinda corkscrews to the left with a fair amount of muzzle rise. Which makes a quick follow up harder. Personally my .45 choice is the Kimber pro carry, with a bushingless bull barrel. It is reasonably small for a 1911 style but maintains a full size grip and mag capacity. Recoil is straight back, steady, with no muzzle lift at all. But do to size it is not a good CC choice for hot weather. But I can drive nails with it...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So after some time at the range I decided on a Springfield XDM sub-compact 9mm with night sights for now. I liked the way it shot and loved the size of it. I decided having a gun that is comfortable enough that I WILL actually carry it every day was my main goal at this point.

After some range time and thanks to all ya'lls advice, I'm going to use the rest of this budget and put a little more with it in the coming weeks/month to grab a Glock 19, 23, and a 1911 as well after shooting those

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I recommend if you are looking at the XD line, you spend a little more and look to the XDm line. They have a few extra features for the price. I absolutely love my .40.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Congrats on the new purchase!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
since you are more likely to use it on yourself or someone you know, make it something that doesn't leave a lot of powder residue for the police to find

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Thank you sir!! I'll let ya'll know what I think of it once it gets in, hopefully it will be in within the next few days!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Congrats from me too! Have fun with it. I think you made a good choice. Glad you got the night sights.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks! Will do I am starting to get impatient. The vendor I got it from was having issues with their internet service provider and it delayed it a couple days. My current pistols all have my ghetto night sights I did with the phosphorescent paint so it'll be a nice upgrade
I think this one was only like 40.00 more with the night sights so for that difference it was an easy choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks! Will do I am starting to get impatient. The vendor I got it from was having issues with their internet service provider and it delayed it a couple days. My current pistols all have my ghetto night sights I did with the phosphorescent paint so it'll be a nice upgrade
I think this one was only like 40.00 more with the night sights so for that difference it was an easy choice.

I've been so tempted to use that stuff a few times.

It really is usually a smart choice to go with factory night sights. I wish I had realized that with a few handguns. Would have saved a few hundred bucks.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Will definitely look at night sight options from here on out.

The paint actually isn't really terrible if you get the expensive paint and put a good quality clear coating over it. Well I say expensive because it was like 20.00 for a fingernail polish sized tube, but it goes a long way if you have lots of stuff you want to make glow.

I put some on my old Charles Daly 12 gauge's bead sight the other night

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Said the democrat who is against gun laws. Guns are important to own in a house, the more guns people are known to own, the more crime rates will drop. Hundreds of years ago, everyone had a weapon, it was a sword. Did you see people running around killing each other? No. It was there for self defense, a gun is a gun, it is not the killer, the person is. Just like the swords weren't killers, the wielders were. It's stupid to believe otherwise. Not to mention, banning guns won't keep criminals from getting guns. You seriously think they get a license to own a weapon? They get them off the black market, now think, how would these criminals feel if they were 90% sure the next house they raid will be a defenseless family? So many problems would come from banning guns it's unbelievable. And I still can't believe people like you sit around telling others its a horrible thing to own a weapon. Also, "Do the adult thing" really? The adult thing is having a defense for you and your family. I would love to see your perspective on gun laws if someone close to you was raided by criminals and that someone couldn't defend him/her. Now, that may have come out wrong, i'm not at all saying I would wish that on you or anyone else just to prove a point. I am merely providing an example. Guns will save more than kill.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You said next, so if you already have one or two then don't bother. Just enjoy what you have. More is not better, it won't make you more happy or safe. spend the money on something else that you don't have or save it for a rainy day.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The S&W MP line of handguns are the best on the market I believe even better then Kimber. I dislike the MP AR line but they hit the jackpot with the handguns. They really are that good.

Check out the reviews on these and see what all the hype is about.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'd be wanting something with a bit more range than the MP, the range of Sig's are pretty decent but pricey. Out of the box they shoot amazing groups @ 50 Yards but you could do that with a CZ75B for $600.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I'd be wanting something with a bit more range than the MP, the range of Sig's are pretty decent but pricey. Out of the box they shoot amazing groups @ 50 Yards but you could do that with a CZ75B for $600.

50 yards with a handgun is pretty darn good shooting without a scope.
Have you owned or shot a handgun before? What kind of group can you shoot without a scope at 50 yards with a handgun, I am curious because I shoot handguns all the time and I really dont shoot them much over 25 yards.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the springfield xd's are fantastic handguns, i own a xd9 service model, i have a friend with an xd45, on both ther ergonomics are great, they both feel good as far as recoil is concerned, easy to operate, easy to clean, easy to strip down, easy to aim/shoot, and they look fantastic. another thing i love is the trigger feel, side by side comparisons at your local shop will probably win you over on this one, thats what really pulled me in the direction of the xd was the smooth crisp trigger, clean break and sharp reset

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm a Sig guy. I carry the Sig P239 in .40S&W - AWESOME! Flawless performance. Only had one round ever stovepipe on me and it was crappy Wolf rounds. Deburred for concealed carry. Perfect size on a single stack. Very well balanced. Easy recoil recovery and target re-acquisition.

I have owned Rugers, S&Ws and Springfield (Which I loved!) - but my Sig's have been unparalled! I tested the Glock (On a law enforcement buddy's advice) but couldn't get comfortbale with the balance - it just felt awkward to me but is obviously a very good platform.

I also own the P226 and the P229 - all in .40S&W. I won't derail and go into why I believe the .40S&W is the best round available. We'll save that for another thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join