It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roadkill Experiment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Id go out of my way to hit some certain peoples!!!
But a cute little animal, NEVER!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

That's an important point. You should never swerve your car to miss an animal, and you should only jack on the brakes if you're sure no one is right behind you. You don't want to cause an accident or get somebody hurt or killed over a squirrel.

BUT, by the same token you should never swere to hit an animal either.

At my house, we have pine and oak snakes that live around the house, and we just shoe them away from the doors. We have tons of wolf spiders in the pool, they run in the door sometimes, and if we have to kill them inside the house we do, but we try not to.

Our rule of thumb is that we leave everything alone when it is were it is supposed to be (outside), but if it gets in the house we have to get rid of it one way or another.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Id go out of my way to hit some certain peoples!!!
But a cute little animal, NEVER!

Like the people holding the politician signs?
I think that should be legal! It is illegal for them to stand on the side of the road and solicit, so inversely it ought to be legal to run them over shouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
lol..As if people would go out and intentionally hit animals, when they've done nothing to humans..Specially turtles, they're so cute!! Well, I guess the plus side is that they're plastic..So it's some relief..But, So many animal killers out there. It's good to see a few people are good hearted!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't think all SUV drivers are killers but most likely killers will drive SUVs. They do make you feel bigger and more powerful and they hold your gun rack.

Years ago the state police did an experiment to test off highway poaching, so they placed an animatronic stuffed deer off the side of the highway.

After three days they came back and it had like 300 holes in it.

So its not limited to people hitting animals on the road.

BTW, I am also a box turtle mover. lol

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks to all for the thoughtful replies.

I found myself wondering what percentage of those who did not hit the animals were SUV drivers. But then I wondered still if that even matters since the bulk of those that did hit them were still SUV drivers...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don't think all SUV drivers are killers but most likely killers will drive SUVs. They do make you feel bigger and more powerful and they hold your gun rack.

My big Nissan Titan LE 4x4 with the lift kit, push bars, brush guards, and 35" tires came with what I called the "kidnapper package." It had tinted windows, child locks on the back doors and windows, and of course I had a toolbox in the bed, but in the center console were the things that made my friends roll their eyes. My gun, Duct tape, receiver gloves, and binoculars.
I don't know how that random assortment ended up in there, but it was a fun conversation piece!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The kidnapper package?

LMAO!

You should leave a bag of candy in the console.
edit on 27-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Being a couple of years younger than all my mates, they all had their licenses and cars long before me .I was on the way to the coast for a party and my mate that was driving deliberately sped up and aimed directly for a dog that was crossing the road. Thiss pissed me off so much that i jammed the handbrake on from the passenger seat , got out and walked the 157kms back home by myself

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Some say that up to 16% of society have narcissistic personality disorder! I guess we can assume from this thread that at least 6% of them are! We can also assume that there were probably at least another 5% who did'nt even notice the squish dummy! Maybe another 5% who were not interested in hitting the SD because it posed no threat, gain and they realized by hitting this SD there was a chance of them losing control of their vehicle! If these statistics are correct that would mean that every 1 out of 6 individuals is severely narcissistic! Which is pretty desturbing if you ask me! I wonder how many of these people are in high level governmental possitions, work in an itelligents gathering compacity, military trained or is part of the elitist heirarchy that controls much of the wealth and decides the direction of our world? when you ponder this scenario it turns into a very scary world!
How did we let such a small centralized group gain so much power over our lives?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I't might sound strange but anytime i ever hit a small animal i always felt a bit guilty! I mean i always tryed to avoid hitting it but never swerved to avoid it just jammed on my brakes! I will almost never kill anything if it can be helped even insects deserve there short existance! I will even capture spiders, ants and other non creapy insects and release them outside! I guess I do this because of a great respect for all life no matter how small! Though those things that creap me out like multi-legged insects like earwigs and centipede type insects! these guys are out of luck but only because they make my skin crawl! I know it's weird but I can't help who I am!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Good for you!

I never understood the compulsion to kill something that doesn't need killing?

I mean, I will if necessary, insect or human, but I would never want to end something's existence. I always regret it, even when its necessary and unavoidable.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sometimes animals can run out in front of you and you have no time to stop without hitting the animal, never happened to me, but can imagine it to be the case. Additionally there are numerous times when hitting an animal im sure is almost unavoidable simply because its all of a sudden. However, to actually go out of the way to hit an animal, even if you believed it to be already dead, is disturbing and shows a dangerous sadistic side to these drivers that could easily manifest in to harming or worse other humans. Its a shame these people cant be named and shamed because that is disturbing behaviour.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join