It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only way is War.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It is not with ignorance or moral stupidity that i say what needs to be said, In fact it is with contempt and a solemn sense of understanding that i have come to the conclusion that yet another bout of mindless killing and global tragedy is the only way to heal the world again.

We All hoped that time might heal our human souls and bring us closer together but instead once again we have drifted further apart in our understanding of each other, The souls of many have been poisoned by diverse opinion and self-glorification, we are once again neighbors miles apart in thought, love and consideration for one another.

The parents of the past tried so desperately to pass their wisdom and moral understanding to their children but many did not listen and selfishly proceeded with making a mockery of a world that men gave their lives to heal.

My grandmother influenced this thread i suppose, she told me the other day of how she was born in the "best of times" when everybody worked cooperatively to rebuild the lives: the war had ruined.
Everybody was united and all looked towards a better future, happy in the knowledge that moral lessons had been learned by all party's involved in the greatest war known to man, Neighbors were neighbors, Friends were real and not just a concept, fashion and vanity were ignored and Hope meant everything to everybody.

But now once again

Stupidity is Cool.
Ignorance is bliss.
Vanity is relished.
Dictators grow in power.
The "weak" good hearted people are forced into poverty.
The "strong" fools become stronger everyday.

It is with sadness that i only see one way to unity again but as we all see everyday in the News the wheels of war are in motion as the world divides in opinion even further, The population of earth grows uncontrollably and the fight for the ever dwindling resources and commodities this world has to offer has begun.

Unless some amazing world changing event that unites the world occurs soon i only see one path for man and that path is the Solemn path of war.

P's: Sorry to be all doomy and gloomy

edit on 25/7/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can feel it coming... I think a lot of folks can see the writing on the wall.

Theres always a war. This time, unfortunately, it's going to be up to people in my generation to fight and as you have already pointed out... Good hearted people are forced into the hardest of situations.

The choice is hard, but war is going to happen. Maybe it's time to pick sides. For me, well, this boy is tired of being on the weak side.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
DABDA - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

en.m.wikipedia.org...

unfortunate but true we will see war.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

War needs soldiers though...

What if all soldiers on all sides said "HELL NO WE WON'T GO"...

Send the politicians and fatcats in the Governments to fight their own damn wars...

Better yet... get them to settle it in the ring... UFC style!

edit on 25-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You would certainly have my vote in an election Akragon

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Naw, there is another way. It's just not as easy as war.

Collective Consciousness and Global Healing

edit on 25-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree with your sentiments. However, the reality of the global situation is much more dire. I am not a fan of the American war machine, but I try to remain pragmatic. There are elements of the world that should be purged from material existence... Specifics are UN necesary in these terms because it's my opinion that real change... The history making kind is only going to take place when people stop acting like little kids.

There is good in the universe, and there is evil. That's the simple version.

The more realistic version is that sometimes the decisions that hurt the few can save the many. I'm not intentionally trying to be cryptic here. Written history details that in many cases it is the actions of only a small group that can change who writes the next editions...

I guess what my point is... It's time to take some responsibility, AND it's time to take some action. It's going to be up to the little guys.... It always is.

link   

Unfortunately, I am in complete agreement with your summation. I wish the world was a better place, it seems in the end though, the empty hole at the center of the human heart once again wins out over all of mans good and admirable qualities.once again personal greed and avorice are cool. Our young children look up to rappers who's music is almost entirely made up of negative stereotypes, woman hating, and abuse , and pure and simple criminal behavior at every level.

The only way I see of curing the worlds ills, aside from people magically deciding to act as humans guided by reason, instead of animals who are guided by instinct, is total war. As a veteran, this is not what I want for my children, I know some of the harsh lessons war can bring, and hope not to learn the ones I haven't. I honestly don't see any other option though, as those pulling the strings won't see reason as it isn't in their personal best interest.

link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Section 1 of that article "Collective Crises and Collective Consciousness" Pretty much backs my theory that unless collective consciousness is achieved collective crises will achieve the same effect

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The presence of an 'unless' means there is more than one way. So to say war is the only way is technically incorrect.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

The presence of an 'unless' means there is more than one way. So to say war is the only way is technically incorrect.

Do you trust the entirety of humanity to gain global consciousness before world war breaks out?

To me it seems wise to hedge bets on that one.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The only currently viable way then, because: let's face it collective consciousness and combined understanding ain't coming anytime soon

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

War needs soldiers though...

What if all soldiers on all sides said "HELL NO WE WON'T GO"...

Send the politicians and fatcats in the Governments to fight their own damn wars...

Better yet... get them to settle it in the ring... UFC style!

edit on 25-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Ain't gonna happen. Like all generalisations here on ATS. There is a gap the width of the Grand Canyon between getting everyone to co-operate and reality

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
wrong ... war is never the answer ... there are far better and more civilised ways to solve problems than resorting to primitive barbarism ... nobody wins when it comes to wars ...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Before we can rebuild it properly..
.. we must first destroy it.

However we must make sure when its destroyed, the criminals are destroyed with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

That depends on whether a collective panic at the prospect of imminent WWIII is an ingredient in the inner alchemy of the collective shamanic awakening.

edit on 25-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
wrong ... war is never the answer ... there are far better and more civilised ways to solve problems than resorting to primitive barbarism ... nobody wins when it comes to wars ...

Once again, I agree with your sentiments but history has proven that war really is the answer whenit comes to the global spectrum. Governments are no longer persuaded by words, they're persuaded by fear. Hence, war, ,violence, terror.... You can slap a label on it for whatever you like. I call it human nature.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Who ever said war was the Answer? You have missed the point entirely.

War is inevitable, it is not a solution, it is not the answer, and it sure as hell shouldn't be inevitable, but it is Unless: as i said, an event larger than humanity itself comes into play, the world has no choice but War.

edit on 25/7/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

For that to be a viable possibility smart people would have to far outnumber stupid people.........Yeah, good luck there

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's sad, but your thoughts ring true. It's hard to believe in this day and age we still have the primitive mentality that violence will solve the worlds problems. Governments keep feeding a huge war machine and neglect the suffering of its own people. In a perfect world, where military budgets would be used only to defend and not to conquer, many of our social problems could be solved. We continue to pollute our environment and use the best minds to create weapons of war, instead of creating technology that could benefit the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join