It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Zimbabwe 'to curb' rights groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The government of Zimbabwe has tightened its restrictions on Human Rights groups operating relief aid in the country. President Mugabe has restricted access to any aid organisations who deal with anything remotely to do with goverment issues. French news agency AFP, says that it has seen an 'official amendment' to the bill, the news has been condemned widely.

news.bbc.co.uk
The bill bans international rights groups from working in Zimbabwe and cuts foreign funding to local groups dealing with "governance issues".

Groups involved in educating the public on anti-corruption issues, transparency and accountability are also targeted.

There are fears that hundreds of aid groups will be forced to shut down if the bill becomes law.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems to me that Mugabe has something to hide or is afraid of outside interference from other nations by the way he is treating this whole situation.

A lot of speculation and rumours surround his leadership in Africa and i do agree with some of them, according to what i have read in many articles and seen on the news. Yes i can understand they can be biased, but i have made my mind up that he is guilty for failing to control his government and being a responsible leader.

If this bill gets made into law, all it does is give us more firepower against him as it seems he is now rushing to hide his past actions from his people and other goverments and agencies who would use the information against him.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 9-10-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Gryffen]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Robert Mugabe has done something that few men in history have done; taken a stable, wealthy country like Rhodesia and single-handedly destroyed it; and, by doing so, ruined the lives and future of every person, Black and White, who lives there.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

[ Yes i can understand they can be biased, but i have made my mind up that he is guilty for failing to control his government and being a responsible leader.

Wow that has to be the understatement of the year!!! Mugabe is a syphallitic crackpot who has destroyed the jewel of Africa. He deserves a miserable and painful death.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh trust me i agree with you 100%

I was just wasting my time being civil about the man in public.

now...if u really want my opinion about some leaders of this planet...gimme a beep on MSN and stuff ur ears with cotton wool...profanitys are my middle name when i slag people off.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Oh trust me i agree with you 100%

I was just wasting my time being civil about the man in public.

now...if u really want my opinion about some leaders of this planet...gimme a beep on MSN and stuff ur ears with cotton wool...profanitys are my middle name when i slag people off.

Whew!! Being familiar with your posts I was rather concerned

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You dont have to be worried about our Gryffen "speak as you find" thats our Gryffen !!

top topics

join