It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 million most Elite People in the world have more money than the U.S. and Japan's economy com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was watching CNN today, (I know it's the MSM blah blah). And first of all I didn't know the global elite numbered 10 million, but I also didn't know that their combined wealth is more than 2 of the richest countries combined. That raises some questions for me.

If the US is in debt billions of dollars wouldn't that make ALL of us richer than the U.S.? lol But all joking aside, if these 10 million people that have their money distributed between 80 different overseas banks were to actually put some of that money to good use than just letting it rot somewhere in a locked room where they will probally never touch it, what's the point?

Most of these people probably don't even know how much money they have or how rich they are since money doesn't even matter to them AT ALL.

I found it interesting that the person challenging this as something that isn't bad to do and doesn't matter that the rich have all their money stored away to go towards absolutely nothing was a Libertarian like me.

This got me thinking about the movie In Time by Justin Timberlake. What if these 10 million people actually put their money to use instead of being in a safe. I know this sounds communist or like redistribution of wealth which I am against but at this level of money it wouldn't even matter. If these 10 million people gave the money of the Japanese and American economies to EVERYBODY in the world, or whatever countries they live in, how much do you think our standard of living would go up? Would it cause inflation? I wonder about this but I don't think inflation would happen as long as our government would stop printing funny money. Do you think that it could substatantialy increase the quality of life for the majority of us? Or do you think that if everybody in the country received a considerable amount of money at the same time it would throw our system into chaos now that the richest wouldn't be as rich anymore? Everybody wants to be rich, but if we were all rich we would be in a communist utopia. Anybody have any questions or comments?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We cant all be rich. Who would make our bigmacs. Who will work at our gas stations. Who will teach our children.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

They don't have to do anything with thier earnings that they don't want to.
Just stop bailing out megacorps and giving them tax breaks for opening business overseas.
Stop using bribery/lobbyists to sell-out congress and the senate.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No but I'm asking what do you think would happen if they DID redistribute all that money to everybody in our country, another country, or the world?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Stop calling these humans elite.
Most of them didn't earn one damn penny of that, it was handed down by their forebears, who more than likely stole it from the indigenous people that lived in the country they came to "colonise", or made it off of the backs of slave or near to slave labour in their country of origin.
They aren't elite, unless you consider them elite criminals.
If they were elite humans they would be better than the rest of us and step forward to use their wealth to help get us out of the pile we are in....but they don't. They use it to gain more wealth and power.
Being selfish when you have more than you could ever use, is not elite.
But it certainly is human.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I certainly agree with you Vic they're just labelled elite because they're billionaires. Just like Sir D()uch Bronson that only got knighted for becoming a billionaire. I hate that stupid smug look on his face.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If you distributed it to individuals, most would blow it on booze and drugs, or a big screen tv, then immediately lament how bad off they got it, and how it must be nice to be rich...
Yes, that sort of contradicts my previous post but not really...
Humans are inherently stupid and easy to manipulate.
Like I told my friend when she asked me if I won $50 million in the lottery, "...would I give her a million"?
I said no friggin' way, you'd just blow it on something stupid, but I would invest it in a business of your choosing and give you the opportunity to become self reliant and richer in the long run.
Her reply was, "I guess that's ok, but I'd rather have the cash..."
Kind of like when I've offered to buy the beggar in front of the 7-11 a sandwich instead of the spare change his sign was asking for food.
Not sure what's in a "f@@k @ff" sandwich.....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah, but I kinda dig the naked super model on his back while he jet ski's....
Some guys just know how to accessorise.
He is one of the few who does use his wealth to better mankind (his private space entrepreneurship), and he actually earned it himself, although it would not surprise me in the least if there was some shady stuff in his past.
Not to mention, he isn't calling for depopulation and all the other crap these pinheads prat on about.
he knows how his bread gets buttered...no useless eaters, no need for Virgin phones, music, etc.etc....
edit on 25-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: finish my thought...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
We cant all be rich. Who would make our bigmacs. Who will work at our gas stations. Who will teach our children.

Big Macs are bad for you mmmkay. I would love to get rid of gas stations. And you could teach your children?

new topics

top topics

join