What are the most commonly used excuses to debunk UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by RadioactiveRob

When something comes up that is definitely not any of the things you have listed then everyone will be very happy. It just that a lot of people want to see alien space craft sooo much they dont discount the obvious first.

You are not allowed to make posts that intended to make a mockery of anything..

edit on 25-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

nobody is mocking anything, OP is simply saying "when we see lights in the sky, people normally say things like this- (as their explanation ) "

peace.

I dont think you are reading his posts , your just blindly defending him:

i quote

I personally think its ridiculous and worthy of mockery. We know there's something more to this phenomena, were not stupid.

This entire thread is just trolling if you ask me..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Just when was the last time you EVER saw anyone seriously put forward the explanation of swap gas for a UFO sighting.

honestly i was just using swamp gas as an example, sorry for not being more clear.

but really, every time someone comes up with a video "hey look at these strange lights in the sky, ufo maybe?"

someone always says "swamp gas" (for example)

peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

When something comes up that is definitely not any of the things you have listed then everyone will be very happy. It just that a lot of people want to see alien space craft sooo much they dont discount the obvious first.

nobody is mocking anything, OP is simply saying "when we see lights in the sky, people normally say things like this- (as their explanation ) "

peace.

i quote

I personally think its ridiculous and worthy of mockery. We know there's something more to this phenomena, were not stupid.

Yea it is worthy of mockery, thats my opinion, that is not the objective of this thread though. The point is to get a thorough list of debunk excuses used to discredit all "UFO" sightings. What's wrong with you? What do you have against this thread? You're the one being a provocateur and a troll, so I suggest you just go away and leave this thread in peace.
edit on 25-7-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Venus has been blamed many times though.
The only thing that isnt "officially" blamed are experimental aircraft, at least not for many years later.
I do think a lot of these reports are experimental/top secret aircraft.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Would you prefer to believe the nondescript lights in the sky videos you see on youtube are ET or would you rather get a second opinion from someone who may have a different take on what you are seeing .

Only Bunk can really be Debunked , the real UFO sightings stand up to scrutiny .... Iran 76 for one in my book .

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

peace.

i quote

sorry i didn't catch that, but your right, he did say "mockery" but it appeared to me as if he meant that he was slightly annoyed how everyone always tried to convince everyone that it was something for sure, as if they really knew what was up there. i agree with OP in the sense that i am slightly annoyed about when people try to make everything fit, when they don't even know what it is.

people post cool videos of unidentified flying objects because they look cool, and mysterious, and for the most important reason, they don't know what "it" is.

here is the quote for clarity and reference.

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob

OP is trolling.

So you think that everything that is unidentified is a visiting alien then?

No I don't. I just think it's ridiculous that EVERY single sighting is always "debunked" by one of the excuses on that list, it's like some people can't entertain for even a moment that "hey, that's something extraordinary, maybe it can't be explained away by the stereotypical debunk lines", it's always gotta fit in some mundane category. I personally think its ridiculous and worthy of mockery. We know there's something more to this phenomena, were not stupid.
edit on 25-7-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Would you prefer to believe the nondescript lights in the sky videos you see on youtube are ET or would you rather get a second opinion from someone who may have a different take on what you are seeing .

Only Bunk can really be Debunked , the real UFO sightings stand up to scrutiny .... Iran 76 for one in my book .

Hey in no way do I believe that all supposed sightings are genuine, I'm well aware this field has a large share of fakery and hoaxes, but I think a lot of legitimate sightings also get thrown into this category as well, just because there have been so many hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Venus has been blamed many times though.
The only thing that isnt "officially" blamed are experimental aircraft, at least not for many years later.
I do think a lot of these reports are experimental/top secret aircraft.

maybe... for example:

they make a new type of jet "oh its the XZsuper secret jet"

*people see strange lights in the sky*

"oh just tell them it was swamp gas, we can't tell them about the secret jet"

etc.

its 100% possible.

peace ^_^

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you dont want to debate a subject then i suggest you dont post it in a forum.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Here's the thing though. What you call excuses are the list of things that any UFO sighting should be looked at as being first. When you can rule out all the excuses as you call them, we can start to call it a true UFO. To be a credible sighting, all mundane explanations have to be rules out first. Blindly believing a YT video, the worst source out there because of the ability to hoax a UFO now days, doesn't help the field of UFO research.

You have to look at every sighting with a skeptical eye otherwise you, proverbially, will never find the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Question:

(buzzing in)
What is, always agreeing with Phage?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
do you notice how the typical misinformation debunk er agent provocateurs , stay on a thread to completely derail any meaningful discussion on the evidence presented im. not talking about the true skeptic that looks at the evidence , I mean the people that live to debunk no matter what the evidence is because they dont want to admit they cannot explain something, and blindly attack the character of the person presenting the evidence or reporting said sighting

i just hate that
edit on 25-7-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Ice crystals
Mass Hallucinations
Venus
Weather Balloons
Thermal Inversions
Meteorites
RC Toy Airplane with LED's
Photoshop
Jupiter
Satellites
Aurora Borealis
Chinese Lanterns
CGI
Rockets
Airplanes
Birds
Ball Lightning

Are there any more absurd and ridiculous debunk excuses that I've missed so far?

Seeing as everything in that list is actually proven to exist and alien visitation is not......isn't it ridiculous for you to suggest that most of these likely explanations.......which do actually account for 99 percent of sightings.......are absurd and ridiculous? Yep, I'm convinced it is.

You make the post sound like you automatically believe that everything you see that you can't explain must therefore be an alien craft which is as closed minded as the ultra hardcore sceptics can be.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
'You didn't see what you just saw!'

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
do you notice how the typical misinformation debunk er agent provocateurs , stay on a thread to completely derail any meaningful discussion on the evidence presented im. not talking about the true skeptic that looks at the evidence , I mean the people that live to debunk no matter what the evidence is because they dont want to admit they cannot explain something, and blindly attack the character of the person presenting the evidence or reporting said sighting

i just hate that
edit on 25-7-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

Yea me too. There are a handful of people like that in the 9/11 section that have thousands of posts and have only ever posted in that section to debunk and raise doubt, its so obvious. I don't have much patience for those types. I'm not saying that PhoenixOD is that type though, I haven't been here in a while.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They are not "excuses" if the objects are in fact, unidentified. Specifically, those that are simply "balls of light" in the sky with no identifiable characteristics or evidence of being anything else.

Thus, topic is a troll and a ridiculous one. A juvenile attempt to turn the tables on skeptics that laugh at weak evidence and lack of proof. The author of this thread is likely someone who suffers from extreme paranoia, believes everything is aliens or conspiratorial and may have been bullied as a child.

This thread fails. I weep for humanity.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

This thread fails. I weep for humanity.

lol, don't weep for too long. There are many others who share your well balanced logic, so all is not lost

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In light of this book, the only excuses that matter are the ones they used in the days before air travel.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
One of the most common forms of debunking in "difficult" cases is simply to leave out pertinent points of evidence and base the conclusions on excluding said evidence.

Classic examples would include the series "Unsolved mysteries", the Brit version is narrated by Neil Morrisey. They deal with Kenneth Arnold's sighting, the Mantell crash and Roswell.

In the Arnold case evidence excluded or simply inaccurate in the "re-staging" includes... Arnold's was the first reported sighting...False... A flight of unknown objects, baring a remarkably similar description to those sighted by Arnold, was reported to the Air Force earlier that same day over Washington State.Arnold himself thought the objects might be reflections in his canopy and actually opened the side window and leaned out to check and could still see the objects. Which actually means, he whole segment of the show was a huge waste of money as they completely ignored it.

Their study of the Mantell case completely ignored any mention of the commensurate sighting on the day concerned, from military personnel at Fort Knox air control. The object remained stationary for some length of time before ascending to 10,000 ft and then the P51s were asked to check it out.

The programme's study of Roswell, not going to bore everyone with a rerun of a million other threads however, they make great play of how memory can be tricked. What they fail to mention is the following, as people grow older, they often can't remember what they did yesterday yet can remember, tiny details totally accurately, of events that happened decades before.

The recent "debunk" of the 1957 B47 incident is a classic I have already mentioned on another thread. Erudite knowledgeable about Radar.... just happens to completely neglect to mention when announcing, it was a radar "Ghost", the object was clearly seen visually by at least 2 members of the crew and say so in their discussion with the ground controllers.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I just think it's ridiculous that EVERY single sighting is always "debunked" by one of the excuses on that list

Then you should probably get off YouTube and do some reading:

Comprehensive list of 1,600 Project Blue Book Unknowns

746 NICAP Unknowns
edit on 25-7-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join