It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third World Population Boom - Is it time to Sterilise the "Useless Eaters?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The World's poorest country's have the World's largest population growth

Year after year, decade after decade it seems that the World's Poorest Countries continue their Population Explosion.

Hello? Is there anybody Home? What the Hell is wrong with you people? You have no food, you have no assets, and you have no future plan, yet you continue to Breed like Rabbits. Must the World continue to Hand Feed you year after year?

What do the ATSers think?.

List of countries by population growth rate

The World’s Richest and Poorest Countries

List of countries by future GDP

edit on 25-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: spelling

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If the United States and Russia wanted, their massive wheat fields could feed the ENTIRE world 5 times over.
Every year millions of pounds of wheat are allowed to rot in silos so as to keep the food market 'stable'... IE, profitable.

This is true for MOST years. With the extreme drought this year, the statistics will vary.

If not for greed human hunger would be a non-issue. Food is not only a life staple, it is a commodity to be traded and sold to satisfy the greed that so many people have.

link   
Ha ha are you serious? This kind of thinking is what makes religion stick around. People argue that the human race doesn't need religion to survive, but if horrible lapses in judgement like that are common, I can see why we were given some rules to live by until we understood the consequences of our actions.
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

No education, no prospects, no money, no food... I don't know, a life that miserable, I can understand why there is so much sex happening. Sounds like the only escape they have from the misery that is life.

They need help and education, not human rights violations.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its our fault collectively they have to live like that.

We use money

Big western countries buy their land, to produce food.
That food goes to china for example and other countries.

They get to work for a penny, but cannot eat what the earth produces.

If their is no money concept to make our world go round, hoppa problem solved

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

For someone to look into those poor starving beautiful children's eyes and call them "useless eaters" is a kind of inhumanity that I can't even comprehend.

How about we sterilise the selfish, gluttonous masses instead and then give the excess food that Dreine was referring to to those who truly need it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

If the United States and Russia wanted, their massive wheat fields could feed the ENTIRE world 5 times over.

As I said "Must the World Continue to feed you year after year?"

The United States and Russia are not the World's Police or Grocery Market.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know on ATS the idea that there could possibly be too many people is not a popular one, but open your eyes. What kind of life is it to be born only to die a few years later in indescribable misery with flies crusting your mouth and a belly disdended with hunger?

At the same time, it can be argued that the people in the developed world are the ones causing the problem, not the world's poorest. Because we are the ones that hog all the resources, waste all the napkins and styrofoam, guzzle all the oil, et cetera.

Personally I don't resist any efforts to reduce population, either in the first world or the third world. There are already seven billion of us, how many more do we really need? Maybe the earth could support twice or three times as much but at what price? To make that happen we'd probably have to be living in tiny pens, buried in our own excrament up to our necks like pigs on an industrual farm. I know that personally I'd rather be dead.

Quality over quantity is what we should be reaching for.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's a very bold statement. And while I can see the somewhat abstract rationality of it, I can't in good conscience agree with it. There is truly enough space and enough possible food to feed the whole world, as well put a roof over every family's head. I mean, we could do this, we just don't. We're idiots like that.

I have a feeling they reproduce so much as a ways for survival. It's like a turtle that lays a hundred eggs, but only a dozen or so make it to the sea. Maybe the population would correct itself if they lived more easy lives and had more to do. I mean in our part of the world, most families only have 1-3 children. We're preoccupied.
edit on 25/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

How about if some developed country (worthwhile eaters) would stop throwing their crop farmers off the land in order that someone can grow biofuels to make some yuppy feel good?'

How about if developed countries would stop forcing them to rely on renewable sources of energy (wind and sun) and allow them to develop a real electrical system so that they could run water pumps to water their crops?

How about if you explain who gets to decide who the worthless eaters are and why others are able to eat to obesity? And why?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No, but they try to be one and not the other. We (the US) have little to no qualm with dropping 500lbs of "diplomacy" in a HE package, but do practically nothing to help ease the suffering of some truly good and innocent people around the world.

I try to have some compassion for people. These days that is not an easy thing... but I can't just harden my heart to all I see.

Personally, if I knew for CERTAIN that a 3% increase in my taxes would go to directly feeding the truly needy I would do it an a heartbeat.

Sterilization is eugenics, and to me eugenics is a NON STARTER.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hello? Is there anybody Home? What the Hell is wrong with you people? You have no food, you have no assets, and you have no future plan, yet you continue to Breed like Rabbits. Must the World continue to Hand Feed you year after year?

I used to have the same attitude in my twenties.

Keep in mind that these seemingly "primitive" people once lived in harmony with nature until the advent of modern weapons and machinery, and now they simply can't compete with governments stealing their land and resources and stripping them of a chance to become acclimated to the modern world.

Keep in mind that one's biological urge to reproduce is not a switch that can be turned off, and in poor countries sexual assault is off the charts.

As far as the term "useless eater".. that is an elitist term used by people who believe in the necessity of social classes...

Who isn't useless in this world? We are all just consumers.

edit on 25-7-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Hey all I am saying is that money makes the world uneven.
The concept is evil, if money use is removed from earth, the earth is for all and free again.

So those big western corporations have no place in Africa, and can give their land back.
Their is enough food for the whole world if nobody owns anything.

So that is the opposite of a control freak mindset??

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I find these types of threads that carry a message without any form of empathy sad. They are not a problem to be solved but our fellow human beings who need our help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e008286f6351.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm a firm believer in teaching a man to fish etc etc etc. But for now we can give them something to eat until they are able to fend for themselves.

I think many of those who rather bitch, moan and complain and point at the problem while offering no solution just pathetic In My Not So Humble Opinion

Ask yourselves this. How much did your computer and internet access cost?

Enjoy that hot-pocket...
edit on 25-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What you speak of is utopia. We as a species haven't matured enough for that. Abolishing money will happen one day, or we will destroy each other.... either way, the ridiculous systems we cling to will be gone.

I believe selfishness is the root of all evil, and what is money, if not selfishness in ink or silver.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I find these types of threads that carry a message without any form or empathy sad. They are not a problem to be solved but our fellow man who needs our help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e008286f6351.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm a firm believer in teaching a man to fish etc etc etc. But for now we can give them something to eat until they are able to fend for themselves.

I think many of those who rather bitch, moan and complain and point at the problem while offering no solution just pathetic In My Not So Humble Opinion

Ask yourselves this. How much did your computer and internet access cost?

Agreed,

The real problem are the people who would rather eliminate than solve this problem.

Peace

link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

What you speak of is utopia. We as a species haven't matured enough for that. Abolishing money will happen one day, or we will destroy each other.... either way, the ridiculous systems we cling to will be gone.

I believe selfishness is the root of all evil, and what is money, if not selfishness in ink or silver.

Utopia ore not, this is the way of peace.
Until that moment comes, we are responsible for this. I think we are matured, only the top of the " pyramid " doesn't want us to be.

I hope we abolish money and not destroy ourselves. The world is such an beautiful place

link   

This does sound very harsh, heartless or even evil, but Every Nation must eventually stand up and take responsibility for themselves. Either that or we submit to a "Communist New World Order" where we all get equal share of everything the World has to offer.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The only utopian society I've ever seen was Earth in Gene Roddenberry's "Star Trek" universe. We won't see that here, at least not in the near to medium future... we are a species that prizes our possessions and holding them up for all to see.

"Look at my spouse/house/car/boat/etc!!!"

Not all of us, but a large portion of us are quite greedy. I know at times that I can be as well. But when it comes to human life and suffering, we could do MUCH more to help those around us without being too inconvienced. We just choose not to.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Dreine because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join