It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Moore Nibiru updates - can you afford to ignore this?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Their 365 day calendar is quite a bit older than 3,600 years.
They added five days because their "working" calendar was nicely divided into 12 months of 30 days. That's 360. Good for bookkeeping but It doesn't match a solar year so they added sort of a holiday to make it fit.

Because this public calendar with 360 days was too short to coordinate with the agricultural and lunar calendar, a five day month (Epagomenal), was added at the end of the year with religious festivities to celebrate the birthdays of the gods. With the addition of these 5 intercalary days or “the days upon the year,” the total number of days was brought up to 365 days.

www.dragonstrike.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

From combined research, the origins of The Kolbrin can be traced back to a large collection of manuscripts salvaged from Glastonbury Abbey during an arson attack that was intended to destroy them. It was the time of history when there was a great suppression of monasterys.

See it's claims like this that show the Kolbrin is a modern hoax. First the Glastonbury Abbey fire of 1184 was not arson. It was started by a candle that caught a curtain on fire in the Holy of Holies. Monasteries also weren't being suppressed at this time. If they were why was the Abbey quickly rebuilt after the fire? It is true that Glastonbury Abbey did suffer from a suppression of monasteries. However this did not occur until 1539. Finally, as I have mentioned in an earlier post we have inventories from the Abbey that predate the fire. The Kolbrin is not mentioned in any of the inventories. If this were such a valuable document that it was saved when most other important manuscripts were lost you'd think it would be mentioned in the inventories. The claimed history of the Kolbrin does not match up with reality. There are no references to it throughout history. The first references to it don't appear until Kimball decided to make some money off his fairy tale.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Jesus!....your hard work!

let me try again....I know what the video says...ok?

What is the date YOU consider to be the "date"....just say it!

What, after all your research, do you consider to be the date that your mythical planet will reek havoc on us?

Don't direct me to a youtube video....tell me what you think.

Okay man, my apologies! I misunderstood you and wasn't trying to be obtuse.

Judging by the apparent ramping up of tectonic, climatic and socio-political events, I would have to say we would know either way whether it was true, between August and the end of November, as these events will continue to ramp up or dwindle. I honestly have no idea about the actual date closer than that. One website that has another agenda suggested the date might be near to the end of one of the Sun's magnetic trimesters, which are at the end of April, August and December. Certainly if you and I are able to have a conversation like this five months from today online at ATS I will happily admit I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by eriktheawful

If they had to "add" five days at the end of the year it was obviously 5 days shorter than the current year. Just Google Egyptian calendar 360 days and see what you come up with.

I've got a much, much better idea.

Let's talk about Archaeoastronomy.

The ancients built monuments and celestial observatories. Many going back MORE than 3600 years. Allowing for natural progression of the Earth's axis, these ancient observatories still work.

How about the Mayans? They existed as far back as 2000 BC.
If Nibiru is close and going to be here soon, subtract 3600 from 2012 and you get 1588 BC. Well within the Mayan's existence.
No mention of Nibiru there. Better yet, they made a calender that is a long count. It counts days. Which of course as we all know ends it's cycle this year. That clock hasn't changed.

Again, you are IGNORING the physics of the situation. A 15 Jupiter mass object is NOT going to the Earth just slightly so that our calender is 5 days longer or shorter (and again, the Egyptians had a 365 day calender with a year some times being a "wandering" year. Hrmmm. Just like our Leap Year. DOH)
It would MASSIVELY affect our (and other planet's) orbit, inclination, eccentricity, and periods. Our planet is the way it is because of the stable orbit is has with a very, very small eccentricity.

You can ignore the physics all you want. Which I find extremely strange coming from a person that claims to have several degrees in science (which you still haven't told anyone what fields they are in after you made that claim and were asked). But the physics do not lie.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

hhhmmmm....

Obama Now Controls All Communications Via Executive Order

That said, I haven't yet finished reading this whole thread yet...

But...

What if this "Nibiru"/"Planet X" thing is something completely different? What if what may or may not be coming is "just" a bunch of asteroids? Perhaps we are coming upon a something that was documented in the past, by our ancestors, which happens every 3600 years or so? Maybe an asteroid belt that we (currently) have not been witness to? We seem to know that an asteroid strike wiped out most everything at least once before...why could the same thing not have happened in subsequent years?

Brings to mind an episode of SG-1..."A Hundred Days" where the people of a certain planet experience a "meteor shower" on the same day every year...however this time, the meteors/asteroids are impacting the planet...

We (NASA) apparently discovers new NEOs seemingly quite often...right? Why is it so impossible that, with smaller objects, we can't see them yet?

I don't think I believe in "Nibiru/Planet X", but something could be on the way...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Dizrael

then you have no problem giving us the date? good to hear. i anxiously await your response, of the date to expect the WORST side effects

My response is this - the date is clearly stated in the videos multiple times, if you think it is important watch them - if you don't think the date is important enough to make the effort to watch the videos then why should I bother telling you?

man, what part of

"i cant watch videos at work", didnt compute. i was on your side but now youre being too bullheaded. even if i could watch it, maybe i want your opinion as well. tell me both. i dont think we are asking too much here.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You want me to believe the Kolbrin Bible is a hoax because there are differing versions on the cause of a fire 900 years ago? Okay.............

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The discussion is fine, as long as it is grounded in reality. Most people that understand astronomy today also understand that there are thousands of amateur astronomers on this planet with incredibly expensive equipment, many of which have Lear and Fluke infrared camera equipment.

These are dedicated people, who would just jump at an opportunity to publish an unseen, un-referenced infrared signature body, if they indeed were able to pick one out. Most are comet hunters, and many are deep-sky enthusiasts. Most of our new celestial members have been discovered by them.

The fact that THEY are not publishing anything about this, and they are networked so well, it would be a case study for NASA..... well Nibiru just does not exist.... period.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

I'll PM you............how about that!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow, just saw another Nibiru thread, you guys are going to be busy. Seem to be missing a few of the usuals though...........summer holidays?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I take it you didn't actually read that other thread. If you had you would have realized that there was absolutely zero evidence produced and the OP has run away.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I found this recent vid by one James McCanney to be most intriguing, but I'm really not familiar with him. Wondering what you'all think of what he presents. It all looks fascinating, logical, and level headed to Mua. It's not a short spiel.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The Mayans have nothing to say about this? Hello Erik? How about their friggin calendar? Why when I Google "Egyptian calendar 360 days" do I get many search results? I didn't say I had multiple degrees in science, I have multiple degrees and one of them is in science, it is just a general B.Sc., which is more heavily skewed toward life sciences, I admit my astrophysics is weak, but I'm currently in the mining industry and my geology is strong with some geophysics (a smattering). - if you must know. Care to share your educational background, not that I belive one is needed to gain knowledge.................?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Certainly if you and I are able to have a conversation like this five months from today online at ATS I will happily admit I was wrong.

So we are looking at around about 21st December 2012?....thank you, that is all I was looking for.....a date

Funnily enough, that was the date I was sure you would come up with.

For all your research and beliefs, I will give you a personal guarantee that you and I will be talking here long after 21/12/12 ....you may mock my belief that nothing apocalyptic will have happened by that date, as is your right on a conspiracy website.....but I have to state....I am right.....and you are wrong.

Lets speak again.....just before Christmas

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I take it you didn't actually read that other thread. If you had you would have realized that there was absolutely zero evidence produced and the OP has run away.

Just some friendly teasing.........lighten up! I guess he didn't know he'd be coming up against the ATS anti-Nibiru gang or he would have better prepared himself for battle, first by getting rid of his ego..............

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The Maya had nothing to say about Nibiru or anything like it. The Long Count also doesn't end or reset on December 21, 2012. It keeps going.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I guess he didn't know he'd be coming up against the ATS anti-Nibiru gang or he would have better prepared himself for battle

I didn't participate in that thread but then I'm not anti-Nibiru. I'm not anti-dragon either. Or anti-easter bunny. I'm not anti-things that don't exist.

edit on 7/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

So we are looking at around about 21st December 2012?....thank you, that is all I was looking for.....a date

Funnily enough, that was the date I was sure you would come up with.

I will give you a personal guarantee that you and I will be talking here long after 21/12/12 ....you may mock my belief that nothing apocalyptic will have happened by that date, as is your right on a conspiracy website.....but I have to state....I am right.....and you are wrong.

Lets speak again.....just before Christmas

I didn't really give you that date.............as I said to Erik we could see it in as early as two weeks, and if we haven't witnessed stranger events than we are seeing now by the end of November - I will breathe a sigh of relief.

Also, I would never mock anyone for their beliefs unless they included beliefs that encompassed harm to others, or a smug sense of superiority.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I didn't participate in that thread but then I'm not anti-Nibiru. I'm not anti-dragon either. Or anti-easter bunny. I'm not anti-things that don't exist.

So you think human science has the Universe all figured out only 200 years out of the Industrial Revolution? Wouldn't that make you anti- things that exist that just haven't been proven or discovered yet? And how can you tell the difference between things that haven't been proven or disovered yet and things that don't exist?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And how can you tell the difference between things that haven't been proven or disovered yet and things that don't exist?

I can't always. Dragons; pretty sure they don't exist. Easter Bunny; know it doesn't exist. Nibiru; know it doesn't exist. And I have nothing against any of them precisely because they do not exist.

What I am against is the lack of critical thinking which enables people to profit from ignorance, speculation, and fear. People like your hero John Moore.

edit on 7/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join