It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Moore Nibiru updates - can you afford to ignore this?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ah. A monk
Good enough for me then.

At that size you would think it would have had an earth effect as they were looking at it with their eyes not instruments.

Comets could appear very large -- at least their comas and tails. A comet's coma could as large as the sun, and its tail could stretch for a hundred million miles or more. However, the entire mass of a comet is tiny -- almost miniscule when compared to Earth. The gravity of a comet visible to the naked eye could have virtually no effect on the earth.

In fact, there are asteroids that quite frequently pass closer to the Earth (unseen by the naked eye) than most visible comets do that have more mass than the average comet.

A comets coma and tail could be comprised of very, very sparse particles -- virtually a vacuum.

A lot of could bes in there.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

K WHICH MOON WAS THAT AGAIN
Also its not moving in the direction of the moon you posted it seems to be leaving Saturn Orbit

It is thought to be a small moonlet or asteroid:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 7/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
....how has a thread that started off with garbage information...goteen to so many pages? That in itself is more interesting than the possibility of a rogue planet.

Who gives crap if this thing is real anyway, if it is......we all die. COOL. Keep wishing for the end losers, I'm going to go make some food and enjoy life.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Monks were once the most learned men of a society. No need to put them down imo.

From your source:

The Portuguese Dominican friar Gaspar da Cruz, who visited Guangzhou later in 1556, heard about the earthquake, and later reported about it in the last chapter of his book, A Treatise of China (1569). He viewed the earthquake as a possible punishment for people's sins, and the Great Comet of 1556 as, possibly, the sign of this calamity (as well as perhaps the sign of the birth of the Antichrist).[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

Even Gaspar did not see causation between the comet and the earthquake. It was because of those Chinese heathens, they brought God's wrath upon themselves!

edit on 7/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Also its not moving in the direction of the moon you posted it seems to be leaving Saturn Orbit

YES yes busy busy but which 1 from the article its called A mystery object then a moonlet then a comet/asteriod which verifies EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING. Just because its not spoken of or clarified with general public does not mean its nothing there. K I enjoy these debates.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ah. A monk
Good enough for me then.

At that size you would think it would have had an earth effect as they were looking at it with their eyes not instruments.

Comets could appear very large -- at least their comas and tails. A comet's coma could as large as the sun, and its tail could stretch for a hundred million miles or more. However, the entire mass of a comet is tiny -- almost miniscule when compared to Earth. The gravity of a comet visible to the naked eye could have virtually no effect on the earth.

In fact, there are asteroids that quite frequently pass closer to the Earth (unseen by the naked eye) than most visible comets do that have more mass than the average comet.

A comets coma and tail could be comprised of very, very sparse particles -- virtually a vacuum.

A lot of could bes in there.

Well -- yeah. Of course.

I'm not going to say ALL comets have comas larger than the sun and tails that stretch for hundreds of millions of miles, because some do not. I'm not going to say ALL comet comas and tails are virtual vacuums, because some parts f a tail or coma (closer to a comet) could be slightly denser. I'm not going to say comets have "100% no gravitational effect" on the earth, because that would be wrong; everything has a gravitational effect (however miniscule) on the earth. If I jump up and down, I have a miniscule gravitational effect on the earth.

I'm not going to deal in absolutes. That would be inaccurate and unscientific.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

YES yes busy busy but which 1 from the article its called A mystery object then a moonlet then a comet/asteriod which verifies EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING. Just because its not spoken of or clarified with general public does not mean its nothing there. K I enjoy these debates.

Ok -- then you lost me. How is this evidence supporting the existence if Nibiru?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by SheopleNation

According to Google they have a stitching problem in connecting photos from the whole sky survey they use. Instead of bad stitching they simply left the areas without images, hence the black areas.

Stereo, That sounds like a reasonable explanation. How did you hear about that from Google if I may ask?

I notice an object behind the box near it's border. Why would they stich it where a star cluster or whatever is instead of in a spot that is just empty space? Also, next to the original Lenoid image, there are streaks of black areas that are blocking out entire galaxies.

You could be correct. I am just wondering how you heard this explanation from Google because those blacked out areas always had me curious. ~$heopleNation
edit on 26-7-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ok -- then you lost me. How is this evidence supporting the existence if Nibiru?

Its just evidence that there is more going on. FOR ALL THE IMAGES I posted if you can find CORRCT descriptions of them then thats good researching but if you cannot you must ask why. And after you ask why then accept that if there was a high intelligence crafts in the vicinity or comming this way they may not be shared even with NASA employees at this time UNTIL SAID EMPLOYEES BEGIN TO SEE FOR THEMSELVES with the equipment that WILL see it, by that time the higher ups may have hit the bunkers and left the employees with the rest of us SHEEP clueless as they observe how we are ALL interacted with from sat. vision... Thats all no argument just discussing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've already got my beer and popcorn ready for when PlanetX is eating his words on Christmas. Oh, what a present it will be.

But you know something, about the getting flung out of the soloar system thing ... I sometimes feel like my head is in another galaxy. Then I blink a few times and realize that I'm just tired of staring at more no-proof Nibiru threads, so I turn the monitor off and go to bed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nibiru case is solved by Nassim Haramein.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just for the record... :-). news.sciencemag.org...

Like a very long game of telephone, the Atlantis story was orally passed down for 9000 years before Plato immortalized it in writing.

And then theres this...
www.atlantisquest.com...

It seems before Plato there was written information regarding Atlantis.

On topic....

Its my opinion that a cluster of comets is our greatest impact threat, but hey.... What do I know. If you go back a few pages you see where Im lost.... Help is needed in regards to understanding the binary bit. I think I need a graph. Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

You can not claim that "Atlantis does not Exist" or that it never existed. Prove it. There are more ancient writings that reference it existing than those writings that don't. So how is it that its written about, yet doesn't exist in your mind?

Not true. Atlantis is only mentioned by Plato. All other references are to Plato's single text.

I am talking about the flood and Noah. Again, I am not in any way suggesting that a GLOBAL flood occurred. However, there is enough written about it that suggested that "SOMETHING" may have happened.

You are trying to date a nonexistent event? Your claim is that these events are on a cycle. You are not event sure they exist and you offer a date?

And then my favorite. The Exodus. You must also then subscribe to the theory that the holocaust was not real either.

That makes no sense at all. As I was clear to state there is no archeological evidence for Exodus. There is plenty of physical evidence for the Holocaust.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Galactic

Interesting vid I wonder if that celestial was around during BAM eq in Iran in 03 as well. And no not saying it caused it just wondering my questioning friends.

The 2003 Bam earthquake was a major earthquake that struck Bam and the surrounding Kerman province of southeastern Iran at 1:56 AM UTC (5:26 AM Iran Standard Time) on Friday, December 26, 2003. The most widely accepted estimate for the magnitude of the earthquake is a moment magnitude (Mw) of 6.6; estimated by the United States Geological Survey. The earthquake was particularly destructive, with the death toll amounting to 26,271 people and injuring an additional 30,000. The effects of the earthquake were exacerbated by the use of mud brick as the standard construction medium; many of the area's structures did not comply with earthquake regulations set in 1989.

edit on 7/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[16] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit"

From the same source we learn that it appears that this is a story and never happened. How can anyone provide a date for an event when the event never happened.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There have been others written after Plato.

All other references are derived from Plato. There are no other independent references to Atlantis.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I take it you didn't actually read that other thread. If you had you would have realized that there was absolutely zero evidence produced and the OP has run away.

Can you give me a link to the thread you are talking about, Is it the guy who lives with 2 aliens and gets his info from them or everyone in russia knows Nibiru is comming?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The thing is the only evidence we have to there being an oral history is from Plato. The first appearance of Atlantis is in Timaeus and Critias. This is an important fact because these are two of Plato's dialogues. These dialogues starred Socrates in a number of situations that were never actually believed to have happened. In them Socrates would talk with a number of famous Athenians of the day and by the end of the dialogue Plato would reveal a key piece of his philosophy. With Timaeus and Critias we begin to see Plato's views on government which he further develops in Republic. Ancient Athens was raised up as the ideal government while Atlantis was its antithesis (which raises the question of why people always claim Atlantis was an ideal society). This is clearly another allegory created by Plato to exemplify his philosophy. In fact the people of antiquity didn't believe in the existence of Atlantis. The belief that it was a real place is fairly modern.

So I guess I'll end with a question. Why can we accept the Allegory of the Cave as an allegory but we believe the Allegory of Atlantis to be a real place despite the fact both these accounts are presented in the same format?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Nibiru does exist. The ancient people have spoken about it.

That is a falsehood. If you wish to challenge please provide a reference.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok i am throughly confused on this whole Nibiru thing. The only answers i ever see from the "con" crowd is that "the translations and findings across every field are wrong, there is no nibiru" and that all the other Eschatology that is similar to Stitchins and whoever elses interpretations are considered Coincidence or erroneous. I more often then not see veiled character assassinations between the two camps and very little real debate.

The con side always seems to argue from the preconceived notion that "if it was happening then we would know." This stance always neglects to take into account that a staggering majority of the public is not made of astrophysicists with access to HPC's and Particle Accelorators let alone the basic technologies and funding needed to prove something as simple as Einsteins Relativity theories. At best we have to rely on an already established group of people who for various reasons WOULD NOT report their findings let alone dispense the knowledge that would be needed to observe and interpret the phenomenon at hand.

Clearly it is silly to expect anyone to just "take sciences word for it" when they are financially, legally and physically incapable of doing such. For example, i do not have access to the LHC or Fermi-lab. Any findings made in those facilities i would have to accept with a high degree of faith. Without the education needed to interpret the presented findings i need to hold even more faith. At best i have to say "i agree because other people say so" or " he is a scientist and is bound to the rules and regulations of peer review therefore he can not lie without being caught"

For the self-proclaimed skeptics-
What is the evidence needed that there COULD be a nibiru style scenario in play? What should we be looking for if it were to happen? If we follow the reported legends and interpretations then we should be looking for an object that lies outside the known paths of other planets. If not then what should we be looking for here on earth or on other planets that would suggest that an event like this could happen or has occured? What studies have been done to prove that no such object exists? Or are we operating on the "lack of evidence equals evidence of absences" gambit?

I expect to be told that " you just don't get it you are uneducated." In which case i beg you to EDUCATE ME.

As for my own personal stance. I have no choice but to accept the default skeptics position of " i do not know."
If a nibiru style object was indeed on its way to earth, then i would expect governments and scientists to keep quiet on the subject. If a noted scientist or lab was reporting on it then i would expect the opposition to go to every means necessary to discredit and stop them. A lack of Amateur astronomers reporting it could be explained by the simple fact that not every amateur astronomer has access to a Hubble Telescope or other knowledge and equipment needed to observe and interpret things such as nibiru.

If it isn't happening then i would expect the same results as if it were happening. People lying to perpetuate a claim and a total lack of evidence.

From what i have seen in my own lifetime and in the mainstream news it would appear that there is more than just the 8 planets out there. There is no reason for me to believe that there IS NOT a nibiru style object out there yet there are groups of people intent on telling me that there definitely is or definitely isn't.

So what do you suggest then, skeptics and believers?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join