It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break break, Secret service tells WaDot to turn off traffic cams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just seen this on komo 4 news, local channel, the secret service ordered the traffic cams off while President Obama's motorcade left the area. they were asked what the reasons were, none were given.

This is curiously suspicious, I think they are hiding something.

I'll post the source as soon as i catch an online link.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

Well - since anyone can access the WADOT cameras online (I often do before leaving work to see if there are any major traffic jams), I would assume that this was just standard security measures to somewhat help keep the presidential motorcade's route a little more secret.

Edited to add: I just checked the WADOT site. The cameras all seem to be working. Probably just shut down while Obama was going to the airport.
edit on 25-7-2012 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiotracker350
I just seen this on komo 4 news, local channel, the secret service ordered the traffic cams off while President Obama's motorcade left the area. they were asked what the reasons were, none were given.

This is curiously suspicious, I think they are hiding something.

Seems like a reasonable security precaution to me. Do you want your average stalker to track the presidential limousine's movements yard by yard? I mean, not that I approve of the guy, but I don't want anything to happen to The President, either. They ARE hiding something: The President.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is this STANDARD proceedure? Thats the question here....if not....well......???

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Is this STANDARD proceedure? Thats the question here....if not....well......???

Why don't we just put STANDARD PROCEDURE in a PDF and put it online so anyone could see what it is? Who cares if it is or isn't "standard." Maybe the head Secret Service guy just made it up on the fly. Doesn't matter. It's still a reasonable security precaution. The cameras were off no more than half an hour.
edit on 7/25/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well,m from what they said, the traffic cams were on when the president was comin in, if it was standard procedure, they shouldve had them off while he was arriving, lol.

and they were never turned off before. so yea, i think i just dropped the maul on this "standard procedure" junk, hehe

www.king5.com...

The President of the United States left Seattle Wednesday after an evening of fundraisers in Bellevue's Hunts Point neighborhood. His departure caused just as many traffic problems as it did when he arrived the day before. Police blocked off the route President Obama took from Bellevue to Boeing Field -- I-405 southbound to I-90 westbound, then I-5 southbound. Security was tighter compared to the president's previous departures from Seattle. At the request of the Secret Service, all Washington State Department of Transportation cameras along the route were blacked out, preventing anyone from seeing the presidential motorcade. WSDOT officials said agents asked at 6:30 p.m. the night before, and that type of request has never been made before.

edit on 25-7-2012 by radiotracker350 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by radiotracker350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So were they trying to hide something (or one) leaving the area? The POTUS did not require this on the way into Denver BUT required it on the way out? Was there an 'extra' van or two?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocketMan0266

So were they trying to hide something (or one) leaving the area? The POTUS did not require this on the way into Denver BUT required it on the way out? Was there an 'extra' van or two?
Yea, idk why they ordered the traffic cams off on his way out of seattle (not Denver, lol). but they didnt make that call when he was coming in.

new topics

top topics

join