It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress OVERWHELMINGLY Passes Ron Paul's Bill to Audit Fed Reserve

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Easy does it, skippy. The HOUSE approved the bill. The House of Representatives is NOT "Congress". It has zero chance in the Democrat-controlled Senate (the other half of Congress), so no one will get close to auditing the fed.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Easy does it, skippy. The HOUSE approved the bill. The House of Representatives is NOT "Congress". It has zero chance in the Democrat-controlled Senate (the other half of Congress), so no one will get close to auditing the fed.

whoa whoa whoa, you know so much. Do you read online articles or something?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Funny that! As soon as more information surfaces in regards to Robert Holmes, suddenly the House passes Ron Paul's bill......which probably won't pass through the Senate......or will it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
oh no you didn't . you didn't really use the word bipartisanship , did you?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
take this with a grain of salt. but im a truck driver ive been all over the country these last few months since before the GOP nomination votes started.. and in all this time i can honeslty say ive seen less than 10 total signs of any GOP Nominee.. except for Ron Paul.. his signs are EVERYWHERE and everywhere i go .. people are talking about him..i haven't seen more than 2 handful's of any other candidates signs.

i honestly believe that if the people who dropped out early .. the first 7-8 states.. would have gone to ron paul if not for the other candidates taking votes away from him.. cause no one wanted Romney... until it became to late and it was given to him by to many candidates...

how any of us can vote for romney and expect anything to change is beyond me...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What`s bad for Bernanke, is good for the country.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So sorry, wish I could say otherwise....BUT

this courageous bill is going to die in the Senate.

Too bad it's only "We The People" who respect the power of legislation. NOW....if we could only get our duly elected representatives on board, we just might have a "Congress You Can Believe In".....it's late and I must be in dreamland. Sorry folks, for subjecting you to my fantasy............

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thats it guys, the internet told you Ron Paul's bill won't pass the senate.

Pack up your bags and go home because a third party told you there is no hope.

GIVE IT UP. NO HOPE. BUH BYE.

And you people wonder why this country is in the shape that its in...and blame it on apathetic people who don't speak up and maintain accountability for their actions.

Look in the mirror....!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
awesome

truth shall be known...

thank you

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's not like Ron Paul is the first person in history to try and end the Federal Reserve. Remember JFK??

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't understand how the voting system works 100 percent. Can Ron Paul switch to an independent party and still run for office while many people try and convince family to give him a shot to see if he can change things. I know nothing of Mitt Romney, Not sure if he's going to do more damage. I tried to be open minded about Obama and thinking perhaps he will finally turn things around after a second term but after all of what I'm reading about Fast and Furious (which I know happened under the Bush admin first) continues on while they try and take away guns from Americans? Explain to me how we can sell fully auto weapons to known links to drug cartel south of the border because it's "legal" yet they want to take away American citizen gun rights? Where the *&^% is the logic in that?
edit on 27-7-2012 by stew4media because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by siriusstarlight

Didn't he try and bring back the backing of silver notes only to be assassinated shortly afterwards and was it LBJ who ended the backing of currency with silver?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
this will get squashed at some point or another. I watched the video clip interview with paul, on fox network. and the blonde bimbo interviewing him sort of gets on his case about wanting to have some transparency, makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

whoa whoa whoa, you know so much. Do you read online articles or something?

Apparently I know more than the OP, jack.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the federal reserve was founded in 1913.

it has never been audited.

It has been audited. It was audited with the passage of the Dodd-Frank reform act.

You can read the annual report here.

What this bill calls for is a full audit, the Dodd-Frank audit covered the years during the financial crisis. Someone earlier mentioned the danger in letting congress in on a more open role with the fed, namely, politics.

I'm sure a number of you wouldn't mind a full-fledged collapse of the American government but it doesn't really sit well with me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Maybe because I watched the "Miracle on Ice" when it happened.
but I am still voting for....and still believe in Ron Paul.
Call me stupid but I can't vote Romney.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hell yeah, perfect timing before the election will prove who deserves to hold the cat in the bag! Where's all the gold that was in the Federal reserve? Maybe this audit will find it?!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
interesting. I wonder whos is ultimately responsible

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sure, the House passed it, and it will probably die in the Senate, what was most telling for me is that a large number of Democrats voted for this as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by superhandsmantra
interesting. I wonder whos is ultimately responsible

Ultimate responsibility for the Federal Reserve will lie with Ben Bernanke.

If there are large amounts of unaccounted for funds, he will be expected to explain why and take any necessary heat for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join