It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress OVERWHELMINGLY Passes Ron Paul's Bill to Audit Fed Reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- In a rare moment of bipartisanship, the House overwhelmingly passed a bill by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to audit the Federal Reserve.

The bill, which has 270 co-sponsors, passed 327 to 98. All but one Republican -- Rep. Bob Turner of New York -- voted for it, along with 89 Democrats.

Paul teamed up with former Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) in 2010 to pass similar legislation that became part of the final Wall Street reform bill. But Paul has said new audit legislation is needed because the 2010 bill didn't go far enough. Specifically, he states on his website that the audit called for in the 2010 bill only focused on emergency credit programs and procedural issues, rather than on the substantive details of the lending transactions. The 2012 bill doesn't limit the focus of the audit

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Wow - just wow - "doesn't limit the focus of the audit" Hooray !
edit on 25-7-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So tell me why anyone wouldn't want someone like this, who is trying to find the issues with America to solve, running our country?

I am still as I have always been 100% for Ron Paul......We need this man as our president!!

Good job Dr. Paul for setting this into action!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

So tell me why anyone wouldn't want someone like this, who is trying to find the issues with America to solve, running our country?

I am still as I have always been 100% for Ron Paul......We need this man as our president!!

Good job Dr. Paul for setting this into action!!

Absolutely no clue. I'm all for Dr Paul - on the quiz that's discussed in another thread, I came up with my positions that agree "85%" with Dr Paul's policies.

Why is the MSM so much against this guy? Probably because the corporations that run the MSM know that he can't be bought.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanks OP, that just made my day!! No matter what bill is passed or who is elected or what the unemployment and housing market look like, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will ever get solved until we get these damned parasites off our backs first. This is a good beginning...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Congratulations to all who voted for this bill and is something that has been needed for a long time. i think it will be interesting for the american people to see just exactly what the fed has been doing with the taxpayers money.

edit on 25-7-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Great news but this audit should have happened decades ago.
edit on 25-7-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It'll either die in the Senate or at Obama's desk. The Fed doesn't spend much time vetting House members - only a few. They totally own the senate and presidency though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Buy silver and gold now!!!
This audit will have negative effects on our economy.
Get ready for the amero.
More than likely you will loose money in the transition of currency.
Unless the federal reserve is not hiding anything and that's a long shot. imo

link   
keep writing your congressman and President...

Hopefully it makes it to his desk.

+1 more 
link   
The MSM continue to portray Dr Paul as "bad for America" but he is the ONLY person in either the Senate or The House who truly has the people's best interest at heart.

He will always do what's best for America, not what's popular, and has stuck by his principles through several decades in Government.

The corporations know that he can't be bought with either lobbying (read officially sanctioned bribery) money or campaign contributions, and it scares them to death knowing there is a candidate popular with the people who can't be bought.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
It'll either die in the Senate or at Obama's desk. The Fed doesn't spend much time vetting House members - only a few. They totally own the senate and presidency though.

Probably, but at least it shows that Congress CAN be bipartisan, especially when the person submitting the bill hasn't be paid off by someone to do so.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Lets see what happens in the Senate before we get all excited.
It'll probably end up a vague shadow of the original once the festering self-involved slobs get their hands on it.
Happy and sad at the same time.
Dr. Paul is the man

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well the House did it's job, for a change, but the article is already claiming it has no chance in the Senate. Don't get me wrong, am happy it passed the House, and support Ron Paul 100%. But the fact of the matter is it likely will end up as some watered down legislation with no teeth, and ultimately be ineffective with a coffee house bribe to the enforcers. The Fed will always find a way out to continue its unregulated control over the money supply, with no accountability.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Awesome... simply awesome news
Of course this means that they may create some weird event or something of course
There's too much at stake right now

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
RP can do more for us doing what he does, he doesn't need to be prez.

Just control the congress, mwahah

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just a question. Does it mean anything that, roughly, every Republican voted for the bill while the Democrats split 50-50? Why would a party be so on the fence about it? (Yes, I know the numbers aren't exact, but it was easier and helped simplify the point.)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"The Fed creates trillions of dollars out of nothing and gives it to banks. Congress is in the dark. The Fed sets the stage for the subprime meltdown. Congress is in the dark. The Fed takes a dive on LIBOR. Congress is in the dark. The Fed doesn’t tell regulators what is going on. Congress is in the dark," Kucinich shouted on the House floor, just before the vote.

That was awesome!!!
That statement alone should be viral.
Instead people will likely continue to complain and whine and moan about everything else under the sun.
This is what counts!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is great news. If the Republicans passed a Ron Paul bill then is it possible they may actually start looking at him as a possible candidate for presidency instead of Romney? Afterall, Romney is embarrassing the heck out them.

Has it been confirmed he gets to speak his 15 minutes at the RNC in late August?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Awesome... simply awesome news
Of course this means that they may create some weird event or something of course
There's too much at stake right now

Wow, what a horrible interviewer! She tried to challenge Ron Paul on the FED and then went on to put words in his mouth?? Pro Bernanke much Fox news? Good thing Paul set her straight, but wow. I can't even watch the MSM for 5 minutes anymore.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Alan Grayson and Ron Paul both deserve credit for their brain child. Don't forget that this was devised by two people from opposite sides of the fence. That alone should mean a lot to the American people.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join