It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A’s PR Team May Have Pulled This Laughably Transparent Fake Facebook Account Stunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Did a PR person from Chick-fil-A's create a fake Facebook account as part of an astroturffing public relations campaign? I found this interesting since it is just developing and how businesses use social media as a propaganda piece.

www.webpronews.com...

Apparently, someone on Chick-fil-A’s PR team really sucks at PR, as this evidence suggests that someone is creating fake Facebook accounts to bolster their position in the midst of the company’s worst public image crisis ever.

As you probably remember, Chick-fil-A has been under fire recently for comments made by company president Dan Cathy, in which he said he was “guilty as charged” when it comes to opposing marriage equality. Although Chick-fil-A has been open with the fact that they are a Christian-based company (closed on Sundays, anyone?), and have also given money to anti-gay groups in the past, the latest certainty seems to have pushed some people over the edge.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We all know this is a false flag perpetrated by Kermit.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dont care what their stance is on gay marriage. They give 50% off to the military so I will continue to eat there. Plus its kind of tasty

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They have the right to whatever opinions on gay marriage they want. I happen to agree with them as do the majority of Americans.
Plus they make good food

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They've given hundreds of thousands to our local schools. They supply free lunches to us when we have meetings or work late (teachers). Hensons need to back off - Chick fil a owners have as much right to their opinion regarding marriage as the gays do. Why is it that it's only the liberals who seem to think they are allowed an opinion? Oh, right, probably because our media is filled with them and they use that power to crucify anyone who has an opposing opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
however this thread is more about the fact that a fake facebook site was created to support their stance ....

secondly, meal deductions and free meals to schools are not truly free ... they do get a tax deduction.... so it actually costs government tax money for any freebies given by any business!

I love their food and I will still eat there... like many others I see it as a private business and they can have any political free speech they want......

but there is always an economic cost standing on your own moral grounds..... if they can deal with it then great for them...

edit on 25-7-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

But...you cannot condemn them for starting some stupid facebook page when you don't even know who did it. For all you know, it could have been a set-up from the dude below the poster just to make them look bad or the Muppet people. It could have been a Chick fil a employee. It could have been anyone... This is what I'm talking about - the gay agenda (and media, which is filled with gays) tries its hardest to crucify people with opposing viewpoints and will twist events and even make up stories at times. And here is this dufus reporting on it as though it's proof that some higher-up at Chick fil a did it? LOLOLOLOL! That's just sick!
edit on 25-7-2012 by mjfromga because: for clarity

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I fully support the idea of gay marriage, I support gay rights and have absolutely no problem with homosexual people or homosexuality. That being said, I don't see what the issue is with what this guy had to say. He has as much right to his opinion and to say what's on his mind as anyone else. The guys a hardline evangelical Christian, it comes as no surprise that he said what he said. He didn't say anything offensive, his company doesn't discriminate against homosexuals in their hiring practices or in their service.

It's all just a symptom of our generations inability to digest the idea that other people have opinions that differ from their own. Young people these days have spent their whole life being catered to, so it comes as a shock to them to hear something that doesn't mesh with their worldview. The idea that other people are entitled to both have opinions and share them is itself offensive to them.

new topics

top topics

join