It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic stealth???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Couldn't you make a plane stealth using electromagnetic fields. Such fields would bend light, since light and radar waves are closely realated would also bend radar waves rendering a plane completely invisible.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have been bugged again!!! How many great ideas i have come up with, only for someone else to steal them...bugger...

I have often thought about using harmonious EM waves to cancel out RADAR, as in using an exact opposite wave to the one emitted by the Radar station, and neutralizing it locally around the aircraft. Creating some sort of EM stealth bubble, that way, it wouldn't show up on radar, but would also lead the enemy to believe their radar is working, as it hasn't been "jammed" completely....

(one of my other ideas consisted of ultrasonic treatment of cancer, only to hear about it on the news a few months after mentioning it to my friends...those damn Government types, reading my mind......bah!!!)

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
lol
its not my idea either. it just came to mind thinking about the philadelphia project because thtas how they were gonna make the plane invisible.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does radar just bounce off anything that has mass???
If so i have a good idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would assume it would behave the same way as light (it is essentially the same thing, just a higher frequency)

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There is a possibility that the B-2 has on of these, and has been misquoted as an "anti-gravity device" if you read Dale Brown's Shadows of Steel he mentions it, supposedly makes it stealthy at the price of effectively turning off all emissions to and from the plane. I dont believe it can bend light (on the B-2) but it could be the real device that everyone believes is an anti-gravity device, which in my opinion if constructed would break the world apart.

new topics

top topics

join