It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else noticed this? (flag on ATS shows up straight away)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've noticed recently that whenever I start a new thread, it is flagged once almost instantly.

Now, if it is a long thread, the person won't even had time to read it and yet it is flagged?

Is it possible that I'm being monitored on this site?

I know that may sound crazy but literally every thread I start gets 1 flag pretty much instantly after posting as if it is automated.

Maybe I need to take some time off

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
I've noticed recently that whenever I start a new thread, it is flagged once almost instantly.

Now, if it is a long thread, the person won't even had time to read it and yet it is flagged?

I know that may sound crazy but literally every thread I start gets 1 flag pretty much instantly after posting as if it is automated.

maybe they read a few lines.. and are like "damn this is good" flag....
then they finish reading it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Flagged already.

That is weird IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

maybe they read a few lines.. and are like "damn this is good" flag....
then they finish reading it.

LOL did you flag it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Sometimes people just see a title/topic they relate too and get excited to see it, thus flagging just on subject. Not saying it is right, but a possibility. Monitoring? I would not doubt it, but I am not going to sweat it either, I just carry myself as if every word is being monitored, because really, genuine anonymity is so last century.

Peace
edit on 25-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

link   
Well if you felt something was important enough to post it then maybe it auto-flags it for you, the OP?

link   
No, because I have one thread I posted yesterday that never received any flags. It's not automatic. Someone obviously sees your post and flags it.

link   
Maybe you have some friends on ATS who generally like what you have to say, so they flag your thread before reading your OP.

There are a few members that I do this with, mostly because I know the OP's are of very high quality and why postpone the inevitable?

~Tenth

link   

there are some members (excuse me members) on here whos flags and stars may actually carry some weight somehow and they may be the monitors you speak of monitors or sent alerts to your posting lol I know its deep how I think. So in essence you may be presenting some good data or extremely off data but I dont think it works with bad data. With bad data you will get various accounts of the same person manipulating your thread. So take it as a good sign on your threads perhaps. Maybe a president or pope flagged you.. thinking out of box ofcourse
edit on 7/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222
Well if you felt something was important enough to post it then maybe it auto-flags it for you, the OP?

Not sure I understand what you are saying there?

Every thread I make recently gets insta flagged without a reply. It seems weird that even this thread was flagged within a minute I would guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Word
Flaggggggged

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From my posts when I make em I figured it automatically get's one flag because every time I did create a post it had one flag right away. I think because since you made the post it obviously interests you so it marks it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes.

In fact, anything you do online is monitored, anything you have sent to your home is likely monitored, all card transactions are monitored...there's pretty much not really anything you're NOT being monitored at anymore.

Now, are you being singled out for actual investigation or observation beyond that monitoring we're all subject to? Doubt it, unless you're doing something impressive you aren't telling us about.

It's likely just people hitting flag quickly for whatever odd reason (I don't think there's any need to enlist shadowy government agents to account for the mystery quickflags...seriously, think about your implication for just a second there...). People tend to comment and otherwise handle threads prior to actually being able to take in all info provided.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You have an E-Stalker cover your webcam. He/she/it is leaving you bread crumbs.. one day a message will pop up; Hello, Neo

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I gave you that first flag to see if it freaked you out

But i agree with what someone else said, people probably just read the title of the post , flag and then read the rest.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Maybe you have some friends on ATS who generally like what you have to say, so they flag your thread before reading your OP.

There are a few members that I do this with, mostly because I know the OP's are of very high quality and why postpone the inevitable?

~Tenth

Maybe, but surely they can't be online at the same time as me EVERY time?

I guess nothing to worry myself too much over, I just found it a little unsettling that my recent threads gets flagged once without reply pretty much immediately after posting. Almost as if someone was online and there to flag a thread straight away every time

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I gave you that first flag to see if it freaked you out

But i agree with what someone else said, people probably just read the title of the post , flag and then read the rest.

LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
From my posts when I make em I figured it automatically get's one flag because every time I did create a post it had one flag right away. I think because since you made the post it obviously interests you so it marks it.

But it doesn't because many threads go unflagged daily. Strange.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I"d take the compliment

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Yes.

In fact, anything you do online is monitored, anything you have sent to your home is likely monitored, all card transactions are monitored...there's pretty much not really anything you're NOT being monitored at anymore.

Now, are you being singled out for actual investigation or observation beyond that monitoring we're all subject to? Doubt it, unless you're doing something impressive you aren't telling us about.

It's likely just people hitting flag quickly for whatever odd reason (I don't think there's any need to enlist shadowy government agents to account for the mystery quickflags...seriously, think about your implication for just a second there...). People tend to comment and otherwise handle threads prior to actually being able to take in all info provided.

I agree, just found it curious. I was thinking more along the lines of it being automated for a later date, not that some government agency has someone sitting at their computer 24/7 monitoring me personally

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join