It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Stop a Massacre...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is a simple method for preventing a Massacre like the one in Aurora:

"In the aftermath of the Aurora Colorado Batman movie theater shooting, a surveillance video has surfaced that shows the simple, obvious answer to the question on everybody’s mind: How do we stop a massacre?
The answer is revealed in the stunning short video shown below. This remarkable solution:

• Requires no police.
• Costs the taxpayers no money.
• Requires no up-front paperwork.
• Protects innocent lives.
• Is deployed in as little as FIVE seconds.
• Works everywhere.
• Deters violent crime.
• Makes bad guys flee immediately.
• Is easy to learn.
• Functions at the local level.
• Does not require control or intervention by the United Nations or any government entity."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
this is why everyone should have a gun.

nobody would try to do JUNK.

peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
lol could not agree more lol i wonder how many times those 2 idiots # their pants haha

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I like the way you think. I wish the media would replay that to remind people that guns can be HELPFUL when carried by law abiding citizens and are not just used be crazies and criminals.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That is exactly how I put it. Especially when the anti-gun nuts happen to see the bulge under my shirt. I simply tell them"Play victim if you want to. Thats your choice. I choose to stand up and defend myself and other innocent victims"
We absolutely need more armed citizens in America. People see the police as their answer to crimes against them. If you think an average 6 minute response time is quick, try this. Grab a chair and a stop watch. Now sit in that chair and clock off 3 minutes. Not 6, just 3. Its a lot longer than you thought, isnt it?
Now imagine what a criminal with no regards to your well being can do to you in that amount of time.....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There is a difference between being licensed and trained in the use of a firearm and just walking around with loaded guns.

That man, while apparently a hero, could have ended up killing a bunch of the people he was trying to protect. He wasn't taking a proper firing stance, was clearly feeling a rush of adrenalin, and it's a miracle no one was hurt. Doesn't look like he even hit the guy but it's hard to tell.

I'm just saying, adding more guns into the mix is not the cure for gun violence, it isn't.

Since you referenced colorado.... If there was some type of concerted tracking effort when talking about guns and ammo (omfg the big bad government knows you have a gun) this guy would have been caught before he fired a shot. He legally purchased those guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

I guess I'm a liberal idiot to think that when someone starts buying thousands of rounds of ammunition, and it's a gun dealer, maybe someone should pay attention to that...

Look at it this way, and I believe this was even brought up on the Daily Show. If I want to buy sudafed, I get put on a list. If I start buying large amounts of fertilizer, I'm put on a list.

If I buy thousands of rounds of ammunition, well, you'll learn about that after the massacre.

I'd love to feel comfortable enough with the people around me to trust them to have a gun. I don't. People are idiots. People do stupid things. People make mistakes, and people are careless.

For every example like this, there are examples of the hero accidentally killing or wounding someone other than the criminal.

And, since we're playing what it.....

What if grandpa dropped the gun, like it looked like he was doing, when he jumped up? Well, you just turned a simple armed robbery into a life or death situation for the robber, and he's still holding a gun.

All of that said, if I had a gun I'd have done the same thing, and I would have aimed for the face.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Freaking hilarious!

Go gramps !!!!

Someone PLEASE give that man a S&W Magnum 500 for a reward and teach him how to shoot so that next time he can actually HIT the target and remove them from the gene pool...

Video with added sound effects:

edit on 25-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Bailing out of that room like their pants were on fire, one took a shot in the @$$ – too awesome!

When interviewed perps said: “We didn’t expect to be shot at”

Senior Citizen Shoots Robbers At Internet Cafe

Ocala.com also has an interview with one of the robbers ,

Duwayne Henderson. In it, Henderson describes the robbery from his perspective:

“I feel horrible. It doesn’t feel good. It makes you think about life’s decisions, and how you should live your life,” Henderson said in an interview with the Star-Banner at the jail on Saturday afternoon.

Hours after his release from the hospital, Henderson, who talked about the pain he feels in his buttock and hip, said the plan was to “barge in, get the money and leave.” He said “he never expected anyone to be armed.”

“The gun was broken and rusty and wasn’t loaded. Nobody was going to get hurt,” he said, standing with crutches.

Retrieving the customers’ phones was what he said was their “main priority.” That way, he said, the customers could not call law enforcement officials.

Henderson theorizes the reason why he was caught off guard is because, when Dawkins entered the business, he busted a computer monitor with the baseball bat and “glass got into his face.”

“He couldn’t warn me,” Henderson said.

With the glass temporarily blinding his friend, Henderson noticed two women were behind the counter and he thought that was “fishy.” Turning around to see what the women were doing, Henderson said he was shot.

“I turned around to run and my leg gave out. That was when I got shot. I hit the ground, and he was still shooting. I thought I was going to die,” Henderson said.

Henderson said that, “by the grace of God,” his “leg came back.”

“I ran,” he said.

He and his counterpart, Davis Dawkins, fled to a friend’s house and were eventually apprehended. Henderson says Dawkins used to be an employee at the cafe and knew there would be money on hand.

And even though Henderson seems to be carrying some remorse, he still has a bone to pick with Williams, the elderly man who shot him, for firing while he (Henderson) was on the ground.

“I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,” he said.

A piece of information Williams didn’t have the luxury of knowing.

Full story – HERE and HERE

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh, he hit them both! One in the leg, the other in both butt cheeks! (Source says cheek and hip, but both cheeks sounds better, LOL!)

I loved this story when it first came out, and I applaud the man, and admire the way he first closed the distance, cleared the bystanders, and then shot two handed, and then after they fled, he had the wherewithal to close and lock the door and call police! He could not possibly have performed any better, that was flawless!

But, this is not a way to stop a massacre necessarily. Those guys could have been hardened criminals that turned back and shot him.

The way to stop a massacre, even without a gun, is for the room to first take cover, surveil the situation, look for easy exits, but then once the monster turns to the side or back, jump on his ass! 3 or 5 or 12 people jump on him from the sides and back, take him down, take his toys, beat on him until the cops pull you off one by one! Doesn't even take a gun. Maybe one or two of you get shot, but it won't be 71.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Bailing out of that room like their pants were on fire, one took a shot in the @$$ – too awesome!

When interviewed perps said: “We didn’t expect to be shot at”

Senior Citizen Shoots Robbers At Internet Cafe

Ocala.com also has an interview with one of the robbers ,

And even though Henderson seems to be carrying some remorse, he still has a bone to pick with Williams, the elderly man who shot him, for firing while he (Henderson) was on the ground.

“I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,” he said.

A piece of information Williams didn’t have the luxury of knowing.

Full story – HERE and HERE

I'm sorry but maybe this sorry piece of crap should of thought about that before he and his friend decided it'd be a great way to make some cash. He deserves to have been shot. When you get shot and your a criminal, to prevent getting shot further, next time try staying still and not continue to scramble away like a coward. dumbass...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This guy is a true hero and I think he deserves a medal:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76eb34aa243b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I disagree, from that video it seems the Old man way was a lot quicker. I'll keep my guns for personal protection thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh, he hit them both! One in the leg, the other in both butt cheeks! (Source says cheek and hip, but both cheeks sounds better, LOL!)

I loved this story when it first came out, and I applaud the man, and admire the way he first closed the distance, cleared the bystanders, and then shot two handed, and then after they fled, he had the wherewithal to close and lock the door and call police! He could not possibly have performed any better, that was flawless!

But, this is not a way to stop a massacre necessarily. Those guys could have been hardened criminals that turned back and shot him.

The way to stop a massacre, even without a gun, is for the room to first take cover, surveil the situation, look for easy exits, but then once the monster turns to the side or back, jump on his ass! 3 or 5 or 12 people jump on him from the sides and back, take him down, take his toys, beat on him until the cops pull you off one by one! Doesn't even take a gun. Maybe one or two of you get shot, but it won't be 71.

That sounds all good in theory, but when the bullets are flying, and there's tear gas in the air, it might be harder than you think to round up 5 people that are smart enough on their feet to jump a man with SWAT armour and firearms. Even if someone had a concealed carry in the theater (not sure if that's even legal), they would of had a hell of a time gathering their bearings and getting set up for a good shot at the man.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The way to stop a massacre, even without a gun, is for the room to first take cover, surveil the situation, look for easy exits, but then once the monster turns to the side or back, jump on his ass!

Right...the average Joe is NOT gonna be able to keep their cool and follow that process. They will most likely poo their pants and curl up in a ball.

I'll take the old the man, or at least his technique...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
for Grandpa

While I strongly believe that his efforts reafffirm my support of the 2nd Amendment, I can't take the leap to say what he did would have even been possible in that Aurora theater.

Two totally different situations, and scenarios..

Grandpa's situation.. attempted robbery

Aurora's situation.. mindless killing

Grandpa's scenario.. well lighted and target opportunity for the hero..

Aurora's scenario.. dark theater, add in some tear gas, plus mass pandemonium equals a very very dangerous condition for a hero to emerge and take out the criminal..

Many "what if's" bandied about, saying a patron with a weapon could have popped up and taken out this criminal..

I wasn't there, but if I were, and being responsible with my weapons, I am not sure if I would have fired due to the conditions and the possibility of hitting innocent people.

Having said that..

Grandpa!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree with everyone, the old man was awesome, and the bumrush approach in the face of chaos, disorientation, and mortal danger is not an easy thing to pull off, but if we all think about it ahead of time, take safety precautions, have a plan in our head before it is needed, then at least it is possible to cut these massacres short.

I always carry my gun, but that guy in Colorado was supposedly armored up, the gun might have been useless.

I would rather lie on top of him bleeding while others escaped than to lie on the floor bleeding while others joined me as victims. I just can't imagine the fear in hiding, hiding, hiding, and then all of a sudden you are looking down the barrel of his gun completely helpless. I'd rather be proactive.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

even with body armor on, if you get hit in the armor, it will hurt. a punctured lung from getting hit in the armor is not uncommon. agian, a gun gives me and those around me a chance. An armed law abiding society is a good thing, nothing will change my mind on that fact and this story reaffirms that belief.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The truth is that the majority of people are honest, and would not use weapons for nefarious purposes. More people having firearms on their person would likely reduce the amount of crimes criminals get away with. Statistically there probably will be more people killed, but most of them will be the bad guys. Criminals will get guns, and taking them away from law-abiding citizens is not the way to go.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately the government doesn't want us to have or carry weapons...therefore the media doesn't want us to either. They glorify the bad guys and the mass shootings. A video like this should have gone viral and also been on the news. Unless this happened last night, I never heard of it. I'm sur there are many arguments against CCW, but there are many millions of honest reliable people that would make cops look like the bad guys. I am a multiple gun owner but have never considered having a CCW, maybe that will change.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Too many rounds fired, 1 would kill the guy with the gun,hit a cantalope sized target at 3 ft........if you can aim and 3 would stop his buddy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join