It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Disconnect - We Are All Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members and non-members,

I, like you, am an Earthling, living amongst billions of others like us in that regard. We share so many things and differ in so many ways. We are unique, we are wonderful, we are funny, we are harsh, we are cute and caring. We have thousands of different traits and millions of different views.

We are Humans.

There are a lot of different titles we can muster up and call ourselves trying to deviate from that basic truth. Trying to separate each other, trying to climb the invisible ranks above one another. We do this because we feel compelled to have a sense of security. We feel as if there is not enough on this planet so we have to secure our own, fending off 'others'. These 'others' are in-truth, the self, potentially dancing the same dance and feeling like they have to fend against you.

Any classification of 'us' and 'them' is usually competitive in nature which can lead to experiences that can label 'them' as competitors. To label 'them' is to label unique humans like yourself under one branch of fear. This labeling can deter potential future relationships, can make you uncomfortable in a very standard situation, and can more often then not strike extremely unloving feelings in your being.

I wish to bring up that point of being human in a compassionate way. Maybe we can think of our best friend. That person to us is a relationship, someone important. Does it matter their titles? Does it matter what they like and not like? They are close to you and they are someone that you care about. Can we think of all humans having that potential? Can we think that maybe every human is someones best friend?

In this age of amazing technology we are flooded everyday with incredible amounts of information. Has this information made us lose our compassion? Maybe rightfully so considering the amounts of blood-shed we hear about. Nonetheless we are subjected to unbelievable amounts of information that separates 'Humans' and 'Humans'.

If hearing a story of 1000 dead in a 'far off land' doesn't make you flinch it's not your fault, you are subjected to this on a day to day bases. I would like for a moment to put it in a little bit of perspective though.

Imagine this is your close friend who has now passed - O

This story concerning a thousand dead looks like this to different people (on the bases that every one of these dead had a friend or family member that cared for them) -

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does it matter what their titles were? No, they were just like us, Humans. They might have been taught differently because of where they grew up, but it doesn't change that they are us.
It truly is an unbelievable amount, especially because this is a relatively small figure compared to the deaths that have happened over the past 10 years due to war.

During WWII when millions died they thought they were fighting for their freedom, their country, their liberation. We are now aware that a very select few profit from war, they LIKE war, they WANT war. We don't have to be pawns in their game.

Please my brothers and sisters, I am just like you, I have my own opinions, friends, family, but deep down, I AM you.

Don't let yourself be classified under a title, you are much more than that. You are a HUMAN, WE ARE.

I hope that you read this with an open heart, who knows, I can be your best friend!

Peace and Love to all of you

(By the way, the picture is a great representation of what we may need to accomplish or strive towards together so we can all become 'Self-Actualized)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Nice post.

One problem is that for most of history and prehistory, most people lived in tiny villages or small tribes. You might come into contact with less than a hundred people your whole life. And you might really only truly know a dozen people or so. It's only in the last few centuries, really, that most people had to think in terms of hundreds of lives and deaths, or thousands, or millions or billions.

I don't think our minds are geared towards grasping the implications of such vast scales, especially when it comes to matters of human life and death.
edit on 7/25/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Everything is dual and you are correct.

We are all human. The anti-thesis and coincidentally the control mechanism, in the modern world, are the concepts of race and nation.

Separatism is a tool.

I love Maslow's hierarchy, it is so clear.

new topics

join