It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes: Methinks These Are Pictures of Two Different People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

One can merely speculate. Whatever it is I am darn sure it wont be good.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by Libertygal

My point is simple. Its that there are too many people stretching and reaching to make this shooting into some great conspiracy. There is nothing blatantly obvious as there were with 9/11, JFK, MLK, etc. This just seems to be a simple case of a stressed out kid who lost his mind and went postal.
The real conspiracy here, as Ive already said, is that the government will use this to demonize guns and push for more gun control that we already know doesnt work

I don't think that will be the case, either, as it has been stated multiple times in the media that they don't even want to step into the topic.

Only a few vocal loudmouths have been going off about it, the rest have been backing off. From all parties.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looking at photos of myself from 5 years ago sometimes makes me feel like I'm looking at a different person. It is interesting how much a face can change in that amount of time, or even just a year. Stress, lifestyle, mental health, etc. can have drastic effects on appearance. I'm no expert, but I'd say the 2 photos are of the same person a couple of years apart.

I would also like to say how obnoxious ATS has become with these so-called debunkers. People can barely create a thread without a horde of people coming on posting one-liners that amount to SHUT UP YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU IDIOT SHUT UP!!!! No actual discussion, just pointless responses. Great job on that ATS...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
Looking at photos of myself from 5 years ago sometimes makes me feel like I'm looking at a different person. It is interesting how much a face can change in that amount of time, or even just a year. Stress, lifestyle, mental health, etc. can have drastic effects on appearance. I'm no expert, but I'd say the 2 photos are of the same person a couple of years apart.

I would also like to say how obnoxious ATS has become with these so-called debunkers. People can barely create a thread without a horde of people coming on posting one-liners that amount to SHUT UP YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU IDIOT SHUT UP!!!! No actual discussion, just pointless responses. Great job on that ATS...

That's why I would like to know when the first picture was taken, how long ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Two different facial expressions.
Obviously the same person.

Really?

From what I can see (although pictures can be deceiving):

- In the two pics, they have different colour eyes

- As the OP states, there is a difference in the noses

- In the second pic, his Adam's apple seems to be more distinct

- Different eyebrow shape & shade

As you say though, it very well could be the same person, but with different expressions...

But everytime I look at the pic, and want to say it's definitely the same guy, there are these things that say otherwise.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i played around with the picture in gimp (ghetto photoshop) last night. Using transparency i am convinced its the same person.

Nearly everything matched up perfectly. Eye distance apart, nose bridge, nose tip, adam's apple, chin size/shape etc.

The only part that didn't match up almost exactly were the ears. In the grinning picture he appears to have elf like ears. Flat on the sides, pointed at the top, but in the mugshot they are much more round. I am confident this can be attributed to the angle of the photo though. In the mugshot he has his chin up a bit and the photo is taken a little right of center.

DC

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How bout this guy?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have to agree. I took art classes, in which you learn to look, look, and look again, before drawing a single line. From what I can see here, I can spot dozens of differences, from the eyebrows to the lips to that mole to the hair to the eyes to the nose to the general shape of the face itself.

There's only two explanations:

1. One of the pictures is significantly older.

2. These are two different people.

A transparent overlay would be helpful, but we really need an expert in this subject...someone who has been TRAINED in studying faces.
edit on 25-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

nose doesn't matter, they're almost exact, go play in the mirror, your nose changes shapes at least the nostrals when you smile, the give away for me is his undereyes and jaw line, even when you smile your cheekbones / jawline should stay the same, (Give it a shot in the mirror)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

it looks the the mole has been photoshoped in the left picture, looks more like a dimple

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

to be honest though, its really hard to tell, they look very much alike, and they possible could be the same person

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Wouldn't looking in a mirror and smiling and then not smiling tell you enough info about this? Sure people have different face structures and composition make up, but it might reveal some more info.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I took those two photos and opened them in Gimp last night, used one as an overlay over the other and couldn't get them to line up. I'm an amateur at using Gimp so I thought I could have been doing something wrong. I didn't save the photo but I could try it again and post it. I don't even know what made me do it. These pictures just don't look like the same guy to me. His eyes are so light blue in his mugshot and in the courtroom video, but none of the other photos or the video of him giving the presentation are his eyes so light blue. This could be due to lighting differences or quality of pictures, but I don't know. That may have been mentioned already, sorry if it has.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Two different facial expressions.
Obviously the same person.

Please demonstrate for the class. Take a pic of your nose with one facial expression, upload it. Take a pic of your nose with a different facial expression, upload it. Oh yes, it would be helpful is you could get a mole in the pic too, to help the class make sure it is you in both pics.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The James Holmes, Jacob Greenberg, Mark Zuckerberg thing is just getting weirder.
mark.zuckerberg.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_st_tropez.php

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Man, there have been so many far stretches for looking for a conspiracy in this it makes my head ache. Do you all have nothing better to do but try to find hidden conspiracies in the blatantly obvious? Meanwhile the real slight of hand is going on in front of your face while youre concentrating on this.
Kid went bonkers. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. Who knows why. Who really cares? Its already happened. You cant change it. Trying to make sense of it will not take the bullets back. Accept it for what it is and move on. JEEZ......

Yeah people, take this persons advice and STOP TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF THINGS!!!

Trying to make sense of things just... just... Doesn't make sense!!!

Just accept what you are told and shut up and DO as you are told.

If somebody decides to go bonkers and kill a bunch if people for no reason, just look the other way as if there were nothing to see... There are professionals out there who have EVERYTHING under control. This is not for you to stick your nose into and worry about.

Sure, its a little strange that everytine someone or some group of people "go bonkers" and a whole bunch of people die, there seem to be odd discrepancies in the facts. But thats why there are those professionals I told you about who are there to erase facts, eliminate annoying eyewitnesses, and produce a pill that, while it may be tough to swallow, we know its possible for you to achieve... We just need you to swallow a couple more. That's it. There will be a few coming up that will be really hard, but I promise you, we are getting VERY CLOSE to finishing what has been started... After that, life will be a walk in the park. It will be a walk that will be scheduled by you in advance and monitored in every way imaginable, and you will be questioned before amd after, with the optional enhanced interrogation technique involved, and of course every orifice will be thoroughly searched, but, nevertheless, it will be a walk in the park!

I do not believe people "go bonkers" and decide to kill random strangers for no reason. If so, it happens rarely. How many times has it happened since guns have been available? A lot more in the past 20 years than ever before, I bet. It's not a normal occurance.

I do not believe "the terrorists" hate us for our freedom. I won't go into this any further. If its not obvious to you, then... Oh look there I am going further into it like I said I wouldn't!

I do no believe the world is as dark and twisted as some would make us believe. "Killing is just in human nature" No, that's BS!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
All right, I kind of give in. I'm a little skeptical of this because it sounds like a dis-info campaign, either intentional or unintentional, I mean it seems like it is just too trendy - but what really gets me is that his nose is different for sure. I haven't gotten much sleep for a few days, so I might just be too tired for conspiracy theories!

But about the nose, I'm not sure that much of a change can come from different expressions. Also, I did some quick research and found this:

Nose shape does not depend on your weight The nose will not change shape depending upon weight gain or loss. There is no fat in the nose structure. The face does have fat present which will change shape depending upon weight gain or loss.

All the best, guys. Keep digging.
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Yeah people, take this persons advice and STOP TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF THINGS!!!

Trying to make sense of things just... just... Doesn't make sense!!!

Just accept what you are told and shut up and DO as you are told.

If somebody decides to go bonkers and kill a bunch if people for no reason, just look the other way as if there were nothing to see... There are professionals out there who have EVERYTHING under control. This is not for you to stick your nose into and worry about.

You're being sarcastic right? I think you are after reading your whole comment, it's just hard to tell tone through a computer screen! I do also agree with your opinion about how people don't just 'snap' for no reason..I believe everything happens for a reason, whatever the reason may be.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I do believe there is a lot of attempted disinformation going on here, it's almost too obvious! But I still am set on the fact that nose is very different! And to everyone saying 'go look in the mirror and smile' and what not, I have, and if anyone else has to they would know it doesn't change the size and shape that drastically! That's just a silly excuse for these pictures. I need a better explanation. Period.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Yeah, I agree with you Katharos! The nose is definitely strange. I'm glad you tried smiling and checking out if your nose changed shape, that's awesome. I like the effort you made to do some research ^_^. I also did some research and found out that the nose does not change shape if you gain or lose weight.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join