It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the real alien species?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
Every image you see on your computer screen IS digital. So, there is no real reason to trust any image, is there?

Every previous image was 'analogue'. Which was processed according to the interpratation of the 'processor'. What I'm saying is, no photograph ever produced is reliable. There has always been room to insert or extract whatever the 'processor' sees fit.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Every previous image was 'analogue'. Which was processed according to the interpratation of the 'processor'. What I'm saying is, no photograph ever produced is reliable. There has always been room to insert or extract whatever the 'processor' sees fit.

True, but now it is possible to easily insert anything "seamlessly" into an image. The need to aply additional "editing" to the analog, either through painting or other technique is more or less gone.

Course, it reamains, that Iages, photographs, etc. have never been reliable as evidence. The difference is that today it is easy and anyone can do it.

The only point of videos or images is entertainment or illustration.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Greys - range from 3ft tall - 8ft tall (less than a foot at birth).

Insectiods (can dematerialize and shapeshift).

Reptiods (cannot shapeshift).

Humanlike aliens.

Large nosed grays.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haknow

On to the OP, I can understand you feel the names (i.e. "reptilians", nordics", "greys") sound a bit silly, and I would agree that these names are anthropocentric, in the sense that we apply earth-related references and human names to species we have encountered.

However, I don't think the concept embodied by the species we call "greys" or "Reptilians" or "nordics" is far fetched or anthropocentric at all. I wouldn't be surprised that, broadly speaking, these categories of species exist, although they certainly don't call themselves that and we would probably be suprised at what they're really like. In fact, I am quite sure that, rigt at this moment, humans are extremely predjudiced against such species precisely because we know very little about them first-hand - hence these names.

Perhaps a way to go forward and provide a better classification would be to start by identifying their respective characteristics (physical, cultural, spiritual, technological), so that we can gradually come to know them based on their own terms rather than quick human labels?

Anyway, a very interesting thread so, S&F!

Hmm, I never said my problem was with the actual names, but what I actually mean is the concept of the types of alien the names represent. I find that there is no proof these actual beings exist and so to build up any studies on them would be futile except in a very basic exercise in preparation for applying to any real aliens who actually do show up in verifiable realty.
The greys, nordics, etc may very well be real, but until we know for sure we cannot study them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Humanlike aliens.

Large nosed grays.

Thankyou. Where is your supporting proof?
Other people say reptiles can shapeshift. Who is wrong???
Why are there no horselike or fishlike aliens?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk
Your question is like asking what is the real human species

Virtually impossible to answer in one go,so many cultures, lifestyles, appearances etc.

No, the real human species is easy to explain. They look just like us. I see them all the time. I am one. Even you are.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

your tactics can do nothing but retard

really now? do all aliens call earth people retards? so you think that we are retarded? im not sure about others but I am really offended by being called a retard by someone from another planet or something. just because you are an alien dosent make us all retards you know. is there a picture of you someplace? do you have like a large head?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I'm betting that when/if contact with aliens is ever made, we discover that everything and anything anyone ever thought they knew about aliens is and always has been false.

What we think of as aliens now, are likely anthropomorphic psychologically internal projections of the collective unconscious, similar in effect to lucid dreaming in that it's all in the experiencer's head, but, as of yet a little known psychological phenomenon possibly due certain individual susceptibilities to social and peer influence or suggestion.
At least that's one take on the matter.

CanadianBlueTrue

reply to post by Druscilla

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good looking lady....lol

ill second that
edit on 28/7/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Sorry, but, you seem to have misinterpreted my words. I did not call you, or your species "retarded", nor do I view you that way. In fact, I see you as perhaps one of the brightest, most innovative, fast learning species of all the different species I've been introduced to, and that includes my own.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
I think I heard it on some old discovery channel special or something, but I think it was said best about possibilities of alien life and what they would look like. They said it best as, that more than likely our first real meeting with aliens would be akin to meeting something like the old classic horror movie "The Blob". It was just a ball of goo that was sentient and wanted to grow. It was to show a point that more than likely they won't be humanoid, it could be anything, even a sentient massive ball of goo haha.

Animals perhaps. Intelligent aliens with technology? No.

Would you be kind enough to explain to me how a ball of goo would be able to manipulate objects and materials needed to advance technologically?
Arms and hands or something akin to arms and hands would be a must, unless they possess telekinetic abilities or the ability to manifest objects out of nothing with nothing but their minds.
I'm curious, what other ways could there exist?

The humanoid shape is logical and believable for a reason, now, there might be other configurations that would also work but I definately believe the humanoid shape is one of the more popular ones in 'evolution's arsenal'.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy

Originally posted by greyer

Humanlike aliens.
Large nosed grays.

Thankyou. Where is your supporting proof?
Other people say reptiles can shapeshift. Who is wrong???
Why are there no horselike or fishlike aliens?

While I can't provide any physical evidence, I can give a degree of corroboration.
Greys come in three types, each from a different world. They do range in size from around 3 ft (Reticulan Grays), to nearly 8 feet (Draconian). The "large Nose are around Terrestrial size to a bit larger, they are Orion.

Yes, other people do say the Reptilians are shape shifters, they probably think of this as "shape shifting" in the Hollywood sense; they would be wrong in both cases.

Reptilians do not "shape shift" in any way. The "shape shifting" the Insects do is done by moving parts of it's exoskeleton, thus altering it's shape. ore like a "Transformer" than a classic shape shifter.

True, no "Horse" ET's, at least not advanced ones. I'm sure that Horse like animals exist on many worlds. I'm also sure that ALL space-faring species are predators at their roots.

As for Fish... the evolution of something with which to manipulate objects is a great hurdle for any evolving species. The fact that that species lives in a liquid environment would seem to further complicate the matter, however may not make it impossible to develop atmospheric and even space flight.

I'm not aware of any species that evolved from "fish" specifically, but, all three species of Gray were once aquatic creatures. I suspect they were more amphibian or Dolphin like in their early days.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My take on it.

It's possible to derive certain basic qualities of species that evolve under the pressure of intense competitiveness, having the resiliency to survive catastrophic events and plagues, and reproducing enough that in time, that species becomes the dominant creature of their planet.

Focusing on alien types that evolve similarly to us, these would require an upright body, freeing the hands to build tools, or the equivalent of hands, maybe like tentacles. Some form of visualization, also required to build tools with which to construct spaceships, etc.

Aquatic lifeforms might have a rough time with electric devices--or they may have a leg up if there's electric eel types of creatures in their ocean. However, regardless of type, they can't be supremely successful, else there would be no need for further evolution, such as sharks which are basically the same as they were 200 million years ago. In our oceans, squid communicate by changing the colors of their skins to display emotions, this is like our making faces or body language. Were they not so successful, they would have to be able to cooperate and develop some form of language. Psychic functioning might be enhanced in foggy atmospheres, muddy waters, or underground environments which would suppress hearing and visual acuity. Gravity would play a role in how tall they were, high gravity would tend to produce strong stockier types whereas low gravity might allow for tall, slender, willowy types.

Given the prevalence and antiquity of insects on our world, with their enormous strengths, ability to fly [some anyway], their natural hardiness due to their exoskeletons, and hive/social hierarchies, it's entirely possible that they could become intelligent, or that certain castes could. The reported grey and insectoid types may be such a hive-mentality or group-mind species.

Amphibians somehow survived a couple of the mass extinctions that befell our planet. An amphibian analog would not surprise me on worlds with water. The Varginha Brazil case may have been such an amphibian type. Reptiles that hunt in groups might also become highly intelligent and socialized were they to endure a long period of hardship that would prevent them from being too successful and thus force them to cooperate to survive. Species can reach an evolutionary dead-end if too successful.

Human infants require years before they began fending for themselves. Humans had to cooperate, communicate, plan, innovate to survive and become numerous. After coming together in groups, we began to specialize, some farmed, others hunted, others became artisans, making tools, textiles, huts. Biological aliens could follow a similar pattern of evolution, civilization and on to space travel. Aliens' appearances would likely have diversity dictated by their planet's environment, just as we have.

Diverging from our type of biological evolution, others may have developed short range psy abilities like hypnosis at a distance, to paralize prey, or to read their minds to find out what actions they intend to do. Of these types, I only have the reported abductee data and the remote viewers' input. [The two I'm thinking of are Joe McMoneagle and Lyn Buchanan, himself an abductee, both former military RVers]. There are the friendly ones which are either psychic and want to help our species to advance and the non-psychic ones who are interested in trade, mining, etc. Of the unfriendly types, the psychic ones are hostile to us and other aliens, while the non-psychic ones are afraid of us and don't come here. The RV data indicates that there are many alien races visiting us, each with their own agendas, and some whose agendas conflict with other aliens not to mention our own.

I do think we may be trying to ally ourselves with some aliens. However, I fear that by doing so, we may be putting ourselves at risk in a similar way that Indian tribes did when they allied themselves with European powers against other tribes and their Europeans allies. History shows us starkly what became of the Indians. The notion that a small group of humans with their special interests might be negotiating with aliens on behalf of all humanity is disturbing to say the least, and possibly treason against us all. Are we getting the equivalent of 'beads and trinkets' in exchange for a one-way ticket to some reservation in a corner of Mongolia?

No need for vapid, insipid replies, thank you.

guyx

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Now... if someone thinks he is an alien as in different from the other humans around him or any special, we have a problem here. A problem of self-delusion, narcisim and retardness.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Now... if someone thinks he is an alien as in different from the other humans around him or any special, we have a problem here. A problem of self-delusion, narcisim and retardness.

And, herein, the distinction between "think", and "know" must be made.

just sayin'

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Wait, you are saying you are an alien? Wow... A would point a finger at the nearest psychiatry.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx
Aquatic lifeforms might have a rough time with electric devices--or they may have a leg up if there's electric eel types of creatures in their ocean

This caused me to imagine a species that communicates using electrical impulses through direct contact or perhaps a short distance through the water

Such animals may essentially connect their central nervous systems together and rapidly exchange thoughts via some natural interface protocol that has evolved with the species

Perhaps this natural interface could be augmented with long-distance communications technology similar to our use of telephones to broadcast our audible speech

Such a species, once technologically advanced, would appear telepathic

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation

Originally posted by gguyx
Aquatic lifeforms might have a rough time with electric devices--or they may have a leg up if there's electric eel types of creatures in their ocean

This caused me to imagine a species that communicates using electrical impulses through direct contact or perhaps a short distance through the water

Such animals may essentially connect their central nervous systems together and rapidly exchange thoughts via some natural interface protocol that has evolved with the species

Perhaps this natural interface could be augmented with long-distance communications technology similar to our use of telephones to broadcast our audible speech

Humanity is already on it's way to developing a technology to read our brainwaves.

news.yahoo.com...

It can of course be used to assist those with injuries and disabilities for the greater good and will almost certainly be used to extract information for other less altruistic purposes.

The technology of course is not to blame it is how we decide to execute it. That's the way it always has been. Humanity continues to work both against and with itself to advance. Maybe that's our secret to survival? The rapid advances in our ability to both kill and cure ourselves.

edit on 28-7-2012 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

A would point a finger at the nearest psychiatry.

Are you in need of one? I have three, perhaps I could loan ya one

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumfluctuation

Perhaps a species could evolve an area of the brain to act as a "remote" connection via quantum entanglement with another. Thus creating Telepathy. Course, then again, virtually every sentient being in the universe has done this, even Terrestrial Humans Y'all just forgot.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
/quote

/quote

Interesting that you mention that. There is evidence that all humans are connected by the planet's magnetic field to our neuro-electric brains/body. Further, that all our memories from time immemorial are saved like data on a hard drive within the field itself.

Laurentian University's Dr. Michael Persinger has a YT video on the subject, "No More Secrets":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg

guyx
edit on 28-7-2012 by gguyx because: quote

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join