It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the real alien species?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by Druscilla

This is still wrong. Claiming that you know alien beings have never visited us. One scientist one said the possibility of being visited is to have happned once per 10,000 years. I think people weren't so much of a liars in the past like today, there was no capitalism and earning of alien/gods stories.So you cannot be certain, especially when highly classified materials have never become public.

So a certain No is as wrong as a certain Yes.

According to your own argument, you've partially agreed with me.
Once every 10,000 years?

Okay, which once was that? Was that once the Barney and Betty Hill story? Was that once the Roswell thing? Was that once the alien that's supposed to be buried in Aurora Texas?
Point to me which once in recorded history we've been visited, and then we can happily, with confidence, do away with all the other fairy tale stories of lizards, insects, greys, or what have you.

If aliens visit us once every 10,000 years, then, by such a statement, only one alien visitation has happened in the last 10,000 years.
Was it Krishna? Jesus? Buddha? Muhammad? Da Vinci? Mark Twain? who?

You've got all of history from the last Ice Age to the present to choose from.

Further, I have said it's highly unlikely, and extremely improbable that aliens have, or are visiting us.
I strongly recommend working on reading comprehension in regards to the differences between probability phraseology and language that frames absolutes.

For instance, when I say "I'm certain ...", that means that I, personally, as a matter of opinion, am certain.
If, however, I were to say "It is certain ...", the "It" being referred to takes ownership of self evident certainty as a matter of absolute.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianBlueTrue

not even remotely close

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

According to your own argument, you've partially agreed with me.
Once every 10,000 years?
. . .

If aliens visit us once every 10,000 years, then, by such a statement, only one alien visitation has happened in the last 10,000 years.

Further, I have said it's highly unlikely, and extremely improbable that aliens have, or are visiting us.
I strongly recommend working on reading comprehension in regards to the differences between probability phraseology and language that frames absolutes.

Are you aquainted with the field of Probability It would seen perhaps not. Once every 10,000 years ...lets see thats a probability of around 0.002% (0.00002)

Have you ever heard of Bayesian Inference? Its kind of cool, helps one figure out what is probable in an instance, helps to keep the "self" from "coloring" things, helps One come to the most probable and logical conclusion. At 0.002%, given the probability of other factors (pick some at random), I could build a probabilistic case that the probability for ET contact with a random Terrestrial today is 1 (100%). It wouldn't be difficult, and its all math.

As to the actual "value" brought up here; "once every 10,000 years". Sounds like a statement from some who does not want ET to visit. IF, as science is beginning to "think"; that virtually all stars have planets, and, if "life" truly is as tenacous, and abundant as Terrestrial science seems to think. Then, I think it highly probable, that the 0.002% is a massively low approximation (not even suitable as a "first approximation"), and should probably be re-evaluated in light of real science.

Something I learned early on; What ever an unknown situation is; it is nothing like anything you have imagined for it. One cannot do enough research to avoid surprise. And, the only reslution anyone can hope for is the resulting "Personal Expirence".

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

There is a huge difference in logic, and many "skeptics", aside from disbelieving anyone sharing the anomalies that point the bigger picture, but they use concrete arguments,credo's, disregard all abstract or intelligence, all lists of possibilities and probabilities, as delusion, and then, instead of just excercising their right to express this way of thinking and opinions, continue to come on over and over as if this unintelligent mindset is the voice of reason. I always see it as far more chilling and deliberate however. I see it as the NLP crowd, trying to set as norm and sanity, low IQ reasoning, and don't look at the anomalies. In other words I see agenda.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Your question is like asking what is the real human species

Virtually impossible to answer in one go,so many cultures, lifestyles, appearances etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I think there are enough writings, scriptures, petrpglyphs and other means of retelling events that ancient people experienced that clearly explaing someone not obviously from the same word and with the same primitive technology has come to them.

It's not certain but there is no reason to exclude it, that's the difference, some are not willing to be open minded based on a lot of weird things and suggesting similar activity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

I think there are enough writings, scriptures, petrpglyphs and other means of retelling events that ancient people experienced that clearly explaing someone not obviously from the same word and with the same primitive technology has come to them.

It's not certain but there is no reason to exclude it, that's the difference, some are not willing to be open minded based on a lot of weird things and suggesting similar activity.

Yes. This is not a real debate, as far as the existence or non.existence of these strange entities goes. There is absolute certainty that UFOs and abductions go back thousands of years. And there's an overwhelming amount of evidence that something non-human is behind these phenomena. It's not controversial in the slightest as long as one properly appraises all available information.

So the real questions are, exactly what are they and what do they want? The OP is on the right track - we humans have an equally overwhelming amount of evidence for the Theory of Evolution, and at this point they cannot both be wrong.

Since, in the context of evolution, the existence of ETs looking near identical to humans is statistically almost impossible, especially multiple humanoid races. It doesn't work. With just Earth's variation, high intelligence has manifested in other primates, dogs, elephants, pigs, dolphins, octupi, some species of bird, etc etc. Just a roll of the dice could have pushed any of these species to the forefront, primates just got lucky by getting the right environmental pressures to develop large brains.

Starting with this premise canbe very useful when trying to discern truth from lies or what sounds true. Jacques Vallee is one such diligent researcher.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
Also, in software a Demon (deamon); is an "object" that "watches" and raises an event flag when "triggered".

lol. nice.
Maybe its time to start calling out to other demons that are currently occupying bodies and get them to repent before 'the event' or false Rapture.
I know it can be done through the blood of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Christians just cannot handle this fact.

Of course many demons will turn away simply because they are on a tight leash pulled by their masters.

Message to all demons on this forum; "simply have faith in Jesus Christ, speak the Lords prayer from the bottom of your spiritual heart" and even a demon can be saved from returning home to Tartarus. Its now or never guys.

And, I would much rather be THAT which I originally created for this incarnation. I did not incarnate as a Demon, nor a Terrestral. And, it seems I begin to take "offence" at idea and remark that I see as born of ignorance.

Quite often mentioning the name Jesus Christ repels an alien grey. Nothing more to say on that.

Demons are "lesser" creatures that have no chance of ascending.

Enoch said much the same thing where all nephil spirits are damned to traverse this world and never ascend to Heaven. However, YHWH is full of miracles so anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
Are you aquainted with the field of Probability It would seen perhaps not. Once every 10,000 years ...lets see thats a probability of around 0.002% (0.00002)

Have you ever heard of Bayesian Inference? Its kind of cool, helps one figure out what is probable in an instance, helps to keep the "self" from "coloring" things, helps One come to the most probable and logical conclusion. At 0.002%, given the probability of other factors (pick some at random), I could build a probabilistic case that the probability for ET contact with a random Terrestrial today is 1 (100%). It wouldn't be difficult, and its all math.

As to the actual "value" brought up here; "once every 10,000 years". Sounds like a statement from some who does not want ET to visit. IF, as science is beginning to "think"; that virtually all stars have planets, and, if "life" truly is as tenacous, and abundant as Terrestrial science seems to think. Then, I think it highly probable, that the 0.002% is a massively low approximation (not even suitable as a "first approximation"), and should probably be re-evaluated in light of real science.

Something I learned early on; What ever an unknown situation is; it is nothing like anything you have imagined for it. One cannot do enough research to avoid surprise. And, the only reslution anyone can hope for is the resulting "Personal Expirence".

As you seem to know your stats, you'll agree that extrapolating from a single data point is meaningless. However, what you presented above extrapolates from a single fictitious 10,000 year data point. It's an utterly pointless excerise.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Quite often mentioning the name Jesus Christ repels an alien grey. Nothing more to say on that.

So the best approach to frighten off a fictional entity would be to use a fictional entity? I'll try to bear that in mind!
edit on 26-7-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing
As you seem to know your stats, you'll agree that extrapolating from a single data point is meaningless. However, what you presented above extrapolates from a single fictitious 10,000 year data point. It's an utterly pointless excerise.

No, actually, it serves to illustrate the absurdity of the original statement.

And, yet, since a "scientist" said it; many will "latch" on to it, and think it "fact".

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Exactly, I think the evidence that the same things have appeared in the past and some maybe even machines. The question is what the heck they are,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
My conclusions are that nobody really knows what a real alien looks like.

There is an episode in the Rendlesham Forest case that is often overlooked in documentaries but I find particularly illuminating:

"we’re verging the fence line, the object continues to move through the trees, it proceeds a bit, goes out across the farmer’s field, to the left of the farmers house and appears to be shedding molten metal"

"soon, for no obvious reason, the object just exploded and separated into a few white lights"

"the object suddenly exploded; a silent explosion… and broke into three to five white objects and rapidly disappeared"

Source: www.therendleshamincident.co.uk...

The Rendlesham object was apparently able to change from a large triangular object to a handful of small white objects

Perhaps we are dealing with polymorphous entities with technology so advanced they have transcended the limitations of any fixed material form

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumfluctuation

Ever since I saw similarities of the symbols drawn and described by Penniston with Alchemist symbols, I don't think aliens would fake existing symbols, this clearly smells like a work of a man. So I do not really think this is an alien case (Rendlesham forest)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All in all, any moron can talk until they're blue in the face about aliens.
Some will even claim to have personal ongoing contact with aliens, where still further, some will even claim to actually BE aliens.

In the end, to cut the Bull#, bring us an alien, complete with flying saucer, or whatever transport is used.

It's all pie in the sky hooey speculation until someone shows up with a real live alien in their butterfly net.

If you claim to be in contact, or are so delusional as to actually believe you are an alien, then, put in a call to your mates, have them meet you in some secluded location where you conduct a video interview and tour of their craft. It'd be preferable were this done during daytime hours.
Show the craft landing, the occupants getting out, and ask a few questions. Let there be smiles and waves at the camera for the stupid eathlings, aliens get back on craft, and take off.

Put it on youtube with all the other stuff that's on youtube and let the world judge whether it's real or not.

Done.

Talk is cheap. No excuses are acceptable. None.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think I heard it on some old discovery channel special or something, but I think it was said best about possibilities of alien life and what they would look like. They said it best as, that more than likely our first real meeting with aliens would be akin to meeting something like the old classic horror movie "The Blob". It was just a ball of goo that was sentient and wanted to grow. It was to show a point that more than likely they won't be humanoid, it could be anything, even a sentient massive ball of goo haha. For me personally I think aliens are thought of as humanoid because of how we look, we have no other basis for intelligent (well sometimes, the other animals on the planet seem to be smarter than some humans I know) life other than humans. It is very hard for the human mind to grasp the idea of any other high tech civilization couldn't complete the task without arms or legs.

Speaking on that note too about arms and legs for technology, it may not even be mostly metal based like everything we do. Honestly, there could be some bio-organic technology we have absolutely no idea. They could have "machines" that grow and self repair because of their organic structure, who really knows for sure. Of course on the flip-side every single alien creature ever reported throughout the history of time could be real too.

Also, echoing a few sentiments from before, but it is kind of pointless to debate this. Regardless of any unexplained factors of what happens on earth or to people of earth, we have absolutely no idea at all about what an alien would look like. I mean this in the sense as we have no 100% verifiable facts and hard evidence, so both sides of this can debate until they are blue in the face and not make a single inch of progress.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
In the end, to cut the Bull#, bring us an alien, complete with flying saucer, or whatever transport is used.

I have difficulty accepting the idea that you don't know how impossible this is under the current political conditions. Some, not all, but some ET's, would to not commit an act of war as their introduction. Some of us think of that as a bit civilized.

It's all pie in the sky hooey speculation until someone shows up with a real live alien in their butterfly net.

If you claim to be in contact, or are so delusional as to actually believe you are an alien, then, put in a call to your mates, have them meet you in some secluded location where you conduct a video interview and tour of their craft. It'd be preferable were this done during daytime hours.
Show the craft landing, the occupants getting out, and ask a few questions. Let there be smiles and waves at the camera for the stupid eathlings, aliens get back on craft, and take off.

Put it on youtube with all the other stuff that's on youtube and let the world judge whether it's real or not.

If this was done you would claim it is "fake", or in some other way "not true".

All in all, any moron can talk until they're blue in the face about aliens.
Talk is cheap. No excuses are acceptable. None.

Indeed! It is far easier to cry; "fake", "hoax", "delusion", "lie", "psychotic" than it is to actually find the truth. I mean who need facts anyway. All those reports, the difficulty understanding; do those guys even speak english. And then there's all that wierd, advanced science, no body can understand that, right? So, it must be all BS and "psycho bable"! You truly need to broaden your horizons! (all of you )

In any case someone is in for a rude awakening; time will show who. All I can say is that in 65 years of observing various events and phenomena on many different levels and planes; "the unthought of always prevails".

We'll see who has the most "adjusting" to do.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

... excuses, excuses. "act of war"?? blah, blah, whine, dodge, backpedal, excuses, excuses.

Lots of people talk about being "open minded", but are typically the first to visit their bias and reservations of judgement on other people, claiming ahead of time that other people will call "hoax".
Why so scared? If it's not a hoax, then you've nothing to fear.

Bring us the video, and let US be the judge. Sheesh. You sound like overly shy little school children on a first date, all scared and nervous to even try holding hands.
"I won't show you mine because Ima skeered you'll tell me it's fake"

The video I describe is NOT ambiguous lights in the sky hoohah that are easily dismissed as Venus, or satellites.
The video I describe would take some pretty serious doing in the SFX department if fakery were attempted, but, would be nothing at all to pull off and do if real.

Bring us the video.
Do it secretly in a remote location if you have to.
Show us landing, occupants disembarking and walking to camera, brief "hello and greetings to Earth, we come in peace" interview with occupants/pilots/aliens, and then show them reentering craft, and taking off.

How friggin hard is that? It'd take all of less than 10 minutes.

Bring us a video.
If aliens are in our skies, and already landing, and taking off and having interactions elsewhere all over the planet on a daily basis, then, putting it on video isn't going to hurt the aliens one little bit.
Bring us the video. No excuses.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here. Figure what the hell this one is....

Only info I am giving is it was made in Autodesk Mudbox, and fiddled with in Photoshop. It is from a real sighting.

I want to hear others' ideas, and then I want to present where/who/what. A backwards way to get info, but... Info and answers are lacking.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

It's a CGI rendering of someone's idea of what an anthropomorphic reptile person thing might look like?

Suffice to say, it's not an actual photo/video of a real live alien/personality, and it may as well be a screenshot of some kid's character off of Skyrim.

Human looking ears, nose and lips on a reptile? really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join