It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rockets latest investigations...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A big thanks goes out to Zazzafrazz for bringing this to my attention..

Over the years ATS has had some threads posted about the ghost rockets and/or possible links to these UFO's.

Now, there is a new investigation underway that appears to be looking into one such object that landed on a lake and slowly sank into the water..

Is the object still there or has it long gone?
A team intends to find out.

this is the projects main website.. rather nicely done too;
www.ghostrockets.se...

THE INVESTIGATION BEGINS
For the last 65 years people have been seeing strange objects crashing and landing in lakes over Sweden. After decades of trying to unravel the case, the head of UFO-Sweden Clas Svahn and his team, are now setting out on an expedition to investigate the latest of these sightings. The Ghost Rockets is a documentary project following UFO-Sweden as they attempt to solve one of the worlds last unknown UFO-mysteries.

As part of the search they have gained access to thousands of documents from the Swedish military. Where the military have failed, we hope to succeed by crowdsourcing the search online. Once the documents are scanned we are going to need your help.

We can all follow the investigation as it progresses via twitter or FB
www.facebook.com...

If you're new to these ghost rockets then there are some stunning threads on ATS about them, including, what can only be described as, one of the most visually spectacular aerial sights to have been seen in many a year. This particular thread has over 400 flags..
From northern Norway;
Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

Then we have other threads directly related to the ghost rockets..
World War II: Secrets of the 'Ghost Rockets'
Uncolved Case: Scandinavian Ghost Rockets
Clas Svahn Interview ~ UFOs in Sweden

I am looking forwards to the entire documentary and really hope something can be found.
Let's not forget the recent mission to another area that appears to have some form of structure at the bottom of a lake in an approximately similar area..
Baltic Sea USO
but that could be a mushroom...
Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

So there is the info you need.. read, digest and possibly learn something.. or learn something and still not get any closer to what's really going on.. it's up to you

Personally, I'm 100% positive there is life elsewhere and it has been/is visitng us...

Good luck to the team investigating this ghost rocket.. wishing you all the best..

Over to you now, members of ATS....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have heard that divers searched but did not find said rocket when it was first reported.(military)
This is a fascinating subject, and a right puzzling mystery.....im glad there is somebody still trying to get to the bottom of it......

I await further updates and will check back over time....
thanks fer the heads up!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Did anyone see that series a few years ago cant remember the name but think it was an interesting take on the uso idea, anyone know what im talking about?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice thread sir. For my money , this is one of the truest unexplained pictures ever on ATS.
Any guesses folks?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Was that the one set in America somewhere and had people going in the water and coming out not quite themselves anymore.. had a touch of mystery/horror/sc-fi to it?

is this it?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Nice picture. Does kinda look like something you could describe as a ghost rocket..
As to what has happened to it is anyones guess, apart from it appearing to be breaking up..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There's a new book that just recently came out entitled UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry - discussed briefly in this thread by karl12 - that seems like it is going to contain a good bit of material on the "ghost rockets" and the U.S. government's response to these reports.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for bringing it up.

EDIT: Actually, it appears that Clas Svahn - the investigator in the documentary - is a co-author/contributor to this new book.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yes thats the one!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Thanks for that info.
Seems like it may be a book worth getting.

It makes a change from the normal crowd of book pushers.. wont mention any names.. I'm sure you'll get the idea.

It's nice to have something to look forward to in this field.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Comming in on the heels of ww2, the ghost rockets rank right up there with foo fighters, and other anomalous objects that apeared in the sky during the period.
I dont expect to hear they found tis one that fell into the lake...but a never know....
there is aso a wid tale of aircraft spotting a crashed saucer on the Island of Spitzburgen, and the goverment recovered it.
Aparently, the US send Billy Dolittle of tokyo raid fame over there...as well as other experts.
The official goverment statements soon dribbed off and the thing is forgotten mster now, but back then it
everbody was interested.....
IDK if there was ever any definitive statements made about it but havent heard or read any.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by Orkojoker

Thanks for that info.
Seems like it may be a book worth getting.

It makes a change from the normal crowd of book pushers.. wont mention any names.. I'm sure you'll get the idea.

It's nice to have something to look forward to in this field.

Definitely is. I just got my copy the other day and Chapter 2 is all ghost rockets. Learned some interesting details. Apparently there were a number of these things observed "crashing" into various lakes in Sweden - some of them only a couple meters deep - sending plumes of water shooting tens of meters into the air. Most witnesses seem to have described the object as somewhat shaped like a torpedo. On one day in July 1946, four of the objects were seen splashing down in different lakes within a period of about five hours. Although some pretty thorough searches of the lakes were performed, no debris was recovered from any of the incidents. The opinion of the Swedish military was essentially that real objects were definitely being seen, that they were controlled in some way and that they were most likely Soviet devices being used for purposes of intimidation.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Was this the same incident reported in a Top Secret document from 1948?

edit on 29-7-2012 by DrSwampGas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DrSwampGas

I think they are two seperate incidents.
Although both extremely similar, it is the time line that counts here.

Nice find though.. and may actually give us more details as to where and how any visiting craft may land/hide or possibly have some form of hidden base.

time will tell

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
All I had to do was read formerly classified documents like that one--and there are plenty of them--to realize that they even had it figured out back then in 1948 that some of the UFOs were real and they were not from earth. That much the governments of the world knew even back then, and maybe even before that for all I know.

It does seem that some of the UFOs were coming in for a landing or even malfunctioning at that time, so it would make sense that they would do everything possible to examine one. If they really did find one in that lake in 1948, though, they would have recovered it a long time ago, if it was technically possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is interesting but what irks me is that the 1980 case is so poorly described on their website. I suppose I will just have to wait for the upcoming documentary for that
I respect Clas Svahn for the work he does and all but this Ghost Rockets project feels a bit like the Ocean X Team. If anyone knows of a detailed description of this case please provide a link.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Bumping this thread, very interesting reading.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Apparently, they've had a new sighting reported...

But by the hand drawn picture of what was seen, I think they might be having the mickey taken out of them..
We're waiting on the full report for that one..
www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is fascinating!

But, I am a little confused... is this strictly a European thing, or has this been reported in the United States as well?\\

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

well, it's posted on the net.. their own site and on FB.. I think it's aimed at the world, just not every country choosing to cover it.. luck of the draw if you find it or hear about it..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join