Rat 'Monster' Washes Up On Manhattan East River Shore, Raises Spectre Of Montauk Monster

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm more amazed of the caveats about 'graphic' photos (for a society who roast pigs with an apple in its mouth for pleasure) than I am the story.
To me it doesn't look as bizarre as it does unidentified. I don't see it being a rat with teeth like that. I see it more of a dog. Pitbull perhaps?





If the animal was indeed a rat, it wouldn't be the first time a giant rodent has been spotted in New York City. (See: Foot Locker and the Marcy Houses.) And if it was not a rat, it's not the first time a bloated, dead creature has confounded the region.

The "Montauk Monster" was discovered in 2008 on a beach in the Hamptons, and the "stout, hairless creature with a beak, claws," and "almond-shaped eyes familiar from renderings of space aliens," is a source of mystery to this day. An escaped mutant from a government lab? A dog? A pig? An unknown creature? Viral marketing campaign?

Source




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That's just unreal - holy cow!
Not sure if I'm glad you posted this or no - but - S&F anyway!
Edit to add - ya know - that thing looks just evil. Ewww!
peace
edit on 25-7-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Weird! Kinda looks like a decaying pig



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Have any of you ever seen a floater? AKA a human who has drowned and been in the water a few days?? Looks like an alien sucker-mouth fiend. SCARY. WHen things stay in the water they take on weird characteristics. The top jaw has been eaten or broken away and the skin curled.... just a byproduct of sitting in the water and animal predation.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Weird! Kinda looks like a decaying pig


We have a winner!
It is a pig.
you'd think there were some real news stories to report.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by KaginD
Weird! Kinda looks like a decaying pig


We have a winner!
It is a pig.
you'd think there were some real news stories to report.


SHUSH YOU!! Geez, what we need is a news story that will provoke the users to make 52 threads about it again! You must be a glutton for punishment as a mod...



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by KaginD
Weird! Kinda looks like a decaying pig


We have a winner!
It is a pig.
you'd think there were some real news stories to report.


I agree that the embedded photo looks like a pig but the rest of the photos in the link show this thing as having fingers or paws. They don't look like cloven hooves to me.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looks like a small dog in a state of decomposition..



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Body swells up when in water for too long.

Montauk monster was a swelled up sloth that lost its hair in the water.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


After reviewing the pics, I would say it is a bloated decomposing dog, more specifically of the pitbull variety. That's just my pesimistic naturally skeptical side coming out. I hope it is a giant rat monster, unfortunately in the world I live in nothing cool like that ever actually happens, well no actual proof that it happens anyways.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
That's just unreal - holy cow!
Not sure if I'm glad you posted this or no - but - S&F anyway!
Edit to add - ya know - that thing looks just evil. Ewww!
peace
edit on 25-7-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)




Yeah, it doesn't look too happy.
I'm conjuring up a whole scenario in my head.

Someone was pissed off about their neighbors pitbull, shot it dead, burned it and threw it into the river.
Other possible scenario is: it's a Plum Island escapee



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Wasnt the last one a racoon? Correct me if im wrong



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


After reviewing the pics, I would say it is a bloated decomposing dog, more specifically of the pitbull variety. That's just my pesimistic naturally skeptical side coming out. I hope it is a giant rat monster, unfortunately in the world I live in nothing cool like that ever actually happens, well no actual proof that it happens anyways.



If I were a betting man, I'd say you're right


I hate that Pitbulls get such a bad rap! Like Human off-spring, their behavior is a direct result of their upbringing. Not so much genetics. Just like not all German Shepherds attack. Just the ones (like police dogs) who are trained to attack. Same difference.

My daughter has an 8 year old Pit and she's the most docile sweet-tempered dog I've ever met.

If this is a dog and it was killed purposely, I hope karma starts ramping it up soon!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Could be a skunk? The tails quite long and thats what id assume it looks like without the hair



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Wasnt the last one a racoon? Correct me if im wrong



I really don't remember and to make matters worse, I even think it was my thread

But raccoon isn't ringing a bell though. Maybe possum?

Anyone know??



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Could be a skunk? The tails quite long and thats what id assume it looks like without the hair


If that is a skunk, I'd like to know which garbage pail he's been eating out of because that's one large healthy (albeit; dead) skunk.
Could be though Wongie!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Body swells up when in water for too long.

Montauk monster was a swelled up sloth that lost its hair in the water.


Sloth? I didn't know they lived on Long Island. In fact, in the 10 years I lived there, I never heard let alone seen one.
Aren't they tropical creatures?



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Yeah wikipedia says raccoon but you know what theyre like...
Your probably right im british ive never even seen a real skunk, or a raccoon for that matter!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Nah this might be the one hes thinking of
news.nationalgeographic.com...
Even weirder looking!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by luciddream
Body swells up when in water for too long.

Montauk monster was a swelled up sloth that lost its hair in the water.


Sloth? I didn't know they lived on Long Island. In fact, in the 10 years I lived there, I never heard let alone seen one.
Aren't they tropical creatures?


It was by a shore, i'm assuming it could fell out of a transport ship, or even float across from the tropics thru the currents.

I read it a while back, they had comparisons.

Oops, it was called The Panama Creature, not Montauk Monster, my bad.

Panama Creature





top topics
 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join