Ultimate Zero! Something out of Nothing? The Big Bang Theory leaves many holes.

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My argument for God has always been, NOTHING should exist at all. Not even an atom. Ultimate zero. If something can come from NOTHING at all, How can anyone dispute the fact that God could have just been always. The mass that was "The Big Bang" shouldn't have even been there to begin with. If even the most brilliant minds can not find Ultimate Zero how can the average person be so quick to dismiss a Creator? Anyway I am not going to go on and on. I hope some of you find this interesting I found this article today and thought it was pretty cool. Even if you don't believe in God. As this article is not all about God. www.slate.com... er_than_nothing_.html

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Your link is broken, but being the spiffing chap I am, I fixed it for you:

OP SOURCE

In the beginning there was energy, this energy became matter, it exploded, the universe began.

Doesn't dismiss God / a creator though

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Where did the energy come from?

Just curious as to what people think

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hmm thank you for fixing the link. I don't know why it didn't work

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Exactly, where did energy or matter come from. Ultimate Zero....Energy nor matter of any kind should not have just been.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It's something I don't think we will ever truly know / understand.

Many a drunken night have I bashed my head off a wall after a long debate on the subject, how far back does it go, what was before that, where did that start and what was before that etc etc etc.

The same can be said for the universe, where does it end, and what is beyond that, there can't be nothing surely? Even an empty void is still something, but how can something go on forever, it must end somewhere, and it must begin somewhere, whether time or distance, but what was before/after that....ARRRGHHHH!!!

If God does exist, how old is he, what created him, and who created the creator of the creator.....

I just don't think the human mind is yet capable of perceiving the question or the answer.
edit on 25/7/12 by woogleuk because: dyslexic keyboard

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I just don't think the human mind is yet capable of perceiving the question or the answer.

Oh it is, it's just really good at denying its own reflection.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
But if you believe that some sort of God like entity created the universe, you have to believe something existed to create that God. And you then have to believe something else created the something that created God, and so on. So in that case, something had to of come from nothing too. It's the same mundane argument whichever way you look at it.

I like the way Tim Minchin puts it. "Isn't this enough? Just this world?"

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Individuals who put their faith in science have as hard of a time as individuals who put their faith in a god at understanding the concept of time, and also spacetime. In other words, no one is able to tell the actual properties of both, which makes pinning down the events of our origins a bit hard.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm always very skeptical of humans and our grandiose ego when it comes to history.

See we can't even agree to the history of 50 years ago on most subjects, nor do we learn from it. So I find it highly improbable that we know what happened at the origins of the Universe, all those billions of years ago.

I don't know how we came to be, who made it all, whether or not we are just the result of millions of years of complex chemistry; or if God really did choose this little crap of a place in the tail end of a spiral armed galaxy to be his ONE and ONLY place he seeded intelligent life.

Either way, I won't believe humans "facts" regarding the matter until I can either go back there myself with a time machine and watch it, or if God splits the skies open and says hello.

Neither of which will probably happen in my lifetime.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MartyrCollect

You have to leave only thinking/perceiving linear time structures to begin to resolve the paradox.
edit on 2012/7/25 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Semp, another possible answer to your question is this:

False vacuum

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Exactly!

There's no way that everything we see around us could have come from nothing.

The answer is obvious!

Marduk made everything!

All hail the mighty Marduk; Lord of the storm and slayer of the giantess Tiamat!

Right?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Kind of what people were saying about the oceans years ago....its flat........mmm were does the water go when it falls off? etc.......questions that are now all clear many generations after and all free thinkers and people thinking that hey maybe this planet is not flat long ago were right, the only thing is they could not say...ha ha ha I told you so!!!!! Yep they were all dead!!!! .And today no one talks about the crazies that thought the world was round and not flat…no record, nothing. Funny how that stuff happens, easy to say people are are crazy when introducing something that the majority do not believe but when they’re crazy thoughts were confirmed to be true no one changed the record and said wow these people were great thinkers. I assume that in 100-200 years we will know that we are not alone and were it all started, who is out there etc....at that point we will be like ah finally we know everything and then boom, someone will see something or think of something impossible for the majority and the wheel will keep going and going, crazies, nuts, etc…until its all confirmed. LMAS closed minded people are cancer to advancement. : )

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

See we can't even agree to the history of 50 years ago on most subjects, nor do we learn from it. So I find it highly improbable that we know what happened at the origins of the Universe all those billions of years ago.
We can observe and measure what happened at the beginnings of our universe, one day we will be able to see what was going on even before the big bang took place. Hints of an older universe existing before ours have been discovered recently. This is called scientific progress.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

But that still doesn't explain Ultimate zero. At some point there had to be nothing. A Universe older than ours as a precursor to ours does nothing to explain something out of nothing.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Science is not fact, it's hypothesis that is then confirmed by multiple peer reviewed methods. But it's still only our best guess at the time.

The laws of physics we observe and have documented are just our ideas and confirmed "guesses" at what lies in the realm of creation.

Just because science claims to have found something, does not mean they know what they are looking at, nor does it mean they understand it.

Let's not forget:

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

~Tenth
edit on 7/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

join