It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Word on the Trail? I Take It Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
linky

Now this is interesting.
This reporter is saying that any quotes by either the Obama or Romney camp have to be vetted before they can be printed.

So I'm guessing this means freedom of the press is dead.
How can we in this country even allow this to happen?
How can we expect unbiased news?
Especially if the reporters are sucking on the teats of either candidate for tables scraps.
And that's basically what we are getting with our news.
the table scraps.

The quotations come back redacted, stripped of colorful metaphors, colloquial language and anything even mildly provocative.

They are sent by e-mail from the Obama headquarters in Chicago to reporters who have interviewed campaign officials under one major condition: the press office has veto power over what statements can be quoted and attributed by name.

Most reporters, desperate to pick the brains of the president’s top strategists, grudgingly agree. After the interviews, they review their notes, check their tape recorders and send in the juiciest sound bites for review.

The verdict from the campaign — an operation that prides itself on staying consistently on script — is often no, Barack Obama does not approve this message.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Who says that the press has to oblige? What happens if they print or publish statements without the approval of wither campaign?

Who cares what they say.....the press should tell them to shove it!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If they disobey, they are not allowed at any more press events. If you like them or not, WND has already been banned. There's too much pressure on them to give up the news conferences and briefings, so, they comply.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Then what's the point? Why have a "free press" when they are not allowed to print dissenting opinions and if they do...they will not be allowed in?

That's insane!

And from what I understand, WND has been labeled hoaxers and liars for printing knowingly misleading and false stories. But I don't know that for a fact. Just what I heard.
edit on 25-7-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join