It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage to be introduced in Scotland

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

And the state should never allow it. Marriage is a bond between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. Two men getting married is absolutely ridiculous.

Wrong.

America already has legal gay marriage by state. It is only a matter of time before it is Federally legal.

No one cares whether you agree or not.

Haha, whatever you say. Every bill you people bring gets shot down, you'll never get your fake marriages and the more you attempt to force it down our throats, the more we will turn against you.

Well that's true to a degree, the part about you turning more and more against us. But you will pass out of this world, and your views along with you, and the ones that replace you will be more and more intelligent and loving. The tide has turned. Swim against it if you must.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunkology
I’m an agnostic person. I do not believe in Christianity.

However. I don’t know why homosexuals would be offended by the ‘Church Of Scotland’ and the ‘Catholic Church’ being against holding religious ceremonies for same sex couples.

Same sex couples can enter civil partnerships right now in Scotland anyway. So they have the same rights as heterosexuals couples.

However same sex couples want to take it a step further by holding a religious ceremony, forcing religious communities to perform them against their own faith all in the name of freedom? All the name of RIGHT?

This is the same as saying “I have the right and freedom to spit in your face”!

There's no forcing any religious community to perform a marriage. There are already plenty of religious communities from almost every religion that are perfectly willing to marry gays. It's the certificate from the state that gays want.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Wow, your god certainly wants a lot of people killed.... what a nice person this fairy tale character is turning out to be LOL – if you follow this ‘loving & forgiving god’ of yours, does it not say that YOU have to kill in his name?

BTW, you did not respond to the fact that all animals on this planet (we being one species) have both homosexual and heterosexual characteristics – if you truly believe that ‘your god’ made this world and everything in it….. then he is in FAVOUR of gay animals because gay animals are his creation.

Answer that one if you can…… why do so many species of animal on this planet have both homosexual and heterosexual offspring?

Now, don’t let your head explode…..

Mickierocksman

edit on Thu Jul 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
he made us to rule over .only telling you the LAW of the land as the queen swore to protect .you should do some reading of our leaders in this country & their morals that they push on us . if they are so worried about peoples rights .most pedos are homosexuals /fact GUNS were banned in the uk because of a homosexual pedo who massacred children in a school shooting which had a gagging order of 100 years placed on it by tony blair because of links to top politicians / lords etc ...can only say that said animals who engage in said un natural things must be soft in the head i have nothing against them as long as they dont throw it in my face
i never said i believed in a volcano god .but these laws have been around a long time through different cultures & for good reason . what next people marrying animals / o sxxt that does go on /mankind is sick & getting sicker and it is not by chance i read mr henry makows site daily look up blacks law 1933 definition of a HUMAN BEING .a beast not fit to own property & thats the law . lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

he made us to rule over .only telling you the LAW of the land as the queen swore to protect .you should do some reading of our leaders in this country & their morals that they push on us . if they are so worried about peoples rights .most pedos are homosexuals /fact GUNS were banned in the uk because of a homosexual pedo who massacred children in a school shooting which had a gagging order of 100 years placed on it by tony blair because of links to top politicians / lords etc ...can only say that said animals who engage in said un natural things must be soft in the head i have nothing against them as long as they dont throw it in my face
i never said i believed in a volcano god .but these laws have been around a long time through different cultures & for good reason . what next people marrying animals / o sxxt that does go on /mankind is sick & getting sicker and it is not by chance i read mr henry makows site daily look up blacks law 1933 definition of a HUMAN BEING .a beast not fit to own property & thats the law . lol

You still did not answer the question....... here it is again for you:

If you truly believe that ‘your god’ made this world and everything in it….. then he is in FAVOUR of gay animals because gay animals are his creation.

Answer that one if you can…… why do so many species of animal on this planet have both homosexual and heterosexual offspring?

Using the excuse that they are "soft in the head" won't wash with your god and he should bring forth rath upon you right now for dissing his creation.... because he made animals perfect didn't he? It was only 'us' that was given the capability to sin?

What does your god say (via you).... don't fleet around the question again, try answering it.

Why did the god you belive in so much create gay animals?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

They want to infiltrate and corrupt everything normal. The military, boy scouts, marriage and the list goes on. They just like being controversial and making a big scene.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
as i said i dont believe in a volcano god or jeebus . i believe we were created by aliens who left laws to guide us . i blame faulty genes in both humans & animals .they are basically impure SOFT IN THE HEAD .it is not natural but our society is being undermined by sick people in power who happen to have dodgy backgrounds . life is about survival of the fittest . how long would these people last in a foreign land [ muslim ] i have a 6 foot swastica on my wall that should tell you all you need about me

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

ok i forgive you .

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

i blame faulty genes in both humans & animals .they are basically impure SOFT IN THE HEAD .it is not natural but our society is being undermined by sick people in power who happen to have dodgy backgrounds . life is about survival of the fittest . how long would these people last in a foreign land [ muslim ] i have a 6 foot swastica on my wall that should tell you all you need about me

Survival of the fittest…..

Soft in the head…..

Faulty Genes……

You have a 6 foot tall swastika on your wall that should tell me all I need to know about you????

It certainly does, I believe you are the one with ‘faulty genes’ you certainly come across as ‘soft in the head’ I’m sure you have a ‘dodgy background’ as well and as for the 6 foot swastika on your wall….. Well it proves all of the above is true.

Seek some professional help & I’m done here, I will not converse further with the hitler youth or sympathizer that goose steps his way to the toilet.

Sick, just sickening…..

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

You still did not answer the question....... here it is again for you:

If you truly believe that ‘your god’ made this world and everything in it….. then he is in FAVOUR of gay animals because gay animals are his creation.

Using the excuse that they are "soft in the head" won't wash with your god and he should bring forth rath upon you right now for dissing his creation.... because he made animals perfect didn't he? It was only 'us' that was given the capability to sin?

What does your god say (via you).... don't fleet around the question again, try answering it.

Mickierocksman

I would love to hear the answer too. But to be more specific, there aren't very many gay animals. What there are are many animals that engage in homosexual behaviour, but hardly ever exclusively. This means actually that almost all species have been known to have homosexual acts, but most don't do it exclusively one way or the other.Still, almost ever species has been observed having homosexual sex. Of particular interest are the all male giraffe orgies!
edit on 26-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by article
reply to post by detachedindividual

I completely agree that divorce rates also play against marriage... But... Look back at divorce and marriage over the last 10-15 years. All of it is degrading into nothing. What spawned it? Hard to say... Now that marriages are falling apart, probably due to the ecconomy, but could still be due to the collaps of marriage and the belief in it. Dating and marriage seems to be the same game now days. People look at everything with much less purpose, people walk around like zombies, careing little about anything and everything... Which is the point I bring here.

So yes, divorce rates do destroy the sanctity of marriage. Simply because the importance of marriage is nothing anymore. But.. I dont see it as being the cause. I just seeing it as being a weighted factor, though an important one.

Now hold up. I never said anything about gays not having the right to have their own. Matter of fact, I encourage everyone to be unique when something isnt available for them, and be happy, do all that it takes to be happy...

BUT

Do it, NOT at the cost of someone elses sacred beliefs.

Chance the name.... Call it something else. Call it something unique that strait people WONT want to use as a term. I dont see the problem here.

The problem is one side pushing the other. Not strait people telling gay people that they cant marry. I just rather see it used under another term. Something that wont trial against the word itself.

Words... Something so minor that can cause so much bloodshed... So when a word causes such problems.. Simply change it... Dont change the definition because people still knows what it originaly meant.

I dont see what's so confusing about this.

The agenda issue. That goes without saying. What would you rather? Take right from some people but give them to others? That's kinda the same idea when you turn it around.

Let Christians have their beliefs. If you dont like it.. oh well.. You have your own. Why pressure those who also have their own?

Like it or not, you live and will always live in a world where people will not agree.

Personaly... I think being gay in general is not a normal thing. But, I will speak to you with the same respect that you give me, because we're both human.

If I rob a bank, or take from the poor, or take from the rich and give to the richer, you may not agree, but in my mind I have reason. The same may be true with gay people. You may feel/believe one way, and I feel totaly diffrent. Does that mean I should kill you? Take away your rights? No. Should you have that ability over me? No.

So what's left is a diffrence of opinion. Why not agree to dissagree rather than resorting to any sort of violence, wether it be word or tool.

One thing.. Ive seen redneck bible-thumpers in all shapes and sizes.. Many of which doesnt even thump a bible. So, basicly, you're doing the same as the guy that got banned. You're looking at these people with hatred in mind obviously because you feel they stand against you and your own beliefs. Truth is.. No one stops you.. So that means, there is NO ONE between you and your beliefs.

Those rednecks, which I'm sure is just as hateful a word as queer, pole smoker and faggot... So... Do you mind?

Those people have every right to believe what they want just as you do with your own. There may be a reason a person stands against homosexuality and it isnt always religion. I stand against it, but I'm not doing so cause God told me. I'm doing so because I personaly think it's a disturbing trend and nothing more than a trend for undersexed addicts who maybe couldnt get any when they were young... Or hung out with mom and sis too much... or 100 other reasons. The reason doesnt matter... The point is, I have a belief and a reason for it. Wether or not the reason stands up to your testing is not important. What is important is, that I have a stance on the topic, as others. The reason behind it doesnt matter unless you're actually trying to solve the problem once and for all.

Simply forcing someone else into compliance makes the problem only bigger and causes it to get way out of hand. Why would anyone want to apply such a fix?

Simply go on and live your life as others will do. If they stop you from living life, then sure, Id see a problem with that. So far, I'm not seeing throngs of people running out, killing gay men and women.

But.. What I do see, are alot of self important, unsympathetic people running around with an agenda that screams "The hell with you.. I'm right, deal with it or leave the country... Gays demand and we will get or we'll stay in your face till you do something..." And to do something.. heh Isnt a good idea. Lots of blood gets spilled this way. but.. Your life.

edit on 26-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

here is the definition of marriage;

mar·riage/ˈmarij/Noun: 1.The formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
2.A relationship between married people or the period for which it lasts.

Definitions can always be rewritten. In fact, words are known to evolve new meanings over time. But we all know how the church hates evolution

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Good for Scotland! I'm with you about the second class citizens comment, dude. Gay marriage should be legal in every country in the world that calls itself a democracy. I would go so far as to say it's apartheid methods to not allow it.

And yes, the religious bigots need to suck it up and shut up about it.

I'm sorry but your the minority. and that just will not be happening. Nice pipe dream though.

Oh BTW, just saying >u

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sorry Scotsmen, looks like your traditional Scottish Kilts are going to take on a whole new meaning...

Shame.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

It makes me laugh when people bring up "gay animals" like they are everywhere.

"oh look a gay bird"

The many studies on 'gay animals' found that it's very rare that animals in general have a long lasting predisposition to engage in homosexual behavior.

Like a male dog might try to have sex with another male dog, but when a female is available it would rather have sex with said female.

The only time real homosexuality occurs in nature is through domesticated sheep. Which is an unnatural state for the animal to be in.

It’s certainly not normal behavior of animals, but an natural anomaly.

And why would a person want to bring ‘animals’ of all things into the equation. Animals do lot’s of inhuman things, some animals kill their young for instance. ........That's because they are animals.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i don't see why anybody can see this as a bad thing, if two people love each other then they should have the same rights as everybody else regardless of their sexuality.
i just hope the rest of the UK and the world follows

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by Gauss
Very well-written posts by the two fellow members above me. Starred both of you.

As a side-note, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see Tramadolnights banned. Very few people here on ATS have angered me so much as his homophobic posts did.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

I started reading this thread a few minutes ago and I said to myself "Who is this Troll" (refering to Trama...). Registers a few days ago, jumps on Gays and gets himself banned in short order. We shall have to be vigilant, such creatures are certain to rise again, with a new name of course...

Anyways, kudos to Scottland, I can't wait to see a wedding with both Grooms in kilts!

It could actually be Mr Frankie Boyle himself, just having a laugh.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

Nope, frankie boyle may have posted half-funny, intelligent barrages of bile that generally make you uncomfortable. Things where you are not sure whether you should be outraged...or to laugh nervously.

Our banned member was just a bit of a bigot.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
this is church ,,v state the state should NOT push its views on the church as gods law says this is wrong .who is right ???

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join