It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage to be introduced in Scotland

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I dont see nothing wrong with it, if two guys want to get married its down to them and no one else. As long as they dont go nuts out amongst the general population. Although I dont mind admitting that when ever I now meet a jock in a kilt. I will be careful arround him, as you can never tell if its a kilt or a skirt hes wearing. As for the religious types who are they tell anyone how or what to do. As lots of them are gay and dress in black frocks well at least in the catholic orders.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by Gauss
Very well-written posts by the two fellow members above me. Starred both of you.

As a side-note, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see Tramadolnights banned. Very few people here on ATS have angered me so much as his homophobic posts did.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

I started reading this thread a few minutes ago and I said to myself "Who is this Troll" (refering to Trama...). Registers a few days ago, jumps on Gays and gets himself banned in short order. We shall have to be vigilant, such creatures are certain to rise again, with a new name of course...

You're right indeed, dude. Like a bad hangover, the trolls shall be back.

Anyways, kudos to Scottland, I can't wait to see a wedding with both Grooms in kilts!

I would like to go to such a wedding. I have a feeling it would be pure awesome.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

You might want to apply that logic to all subjects here at ATS. I see people on a daily basis preaching hatred and fascism towards Jewish people and Israel and it goes completely un-moderated with the repeat offenders never warned or banned. Yet when the subject of gay marriage comes up and people voice their opinions on the matter everyone is forced to "tow the party line" as they say. If people can't see the double standard then they are blind.

Btw, the marriage 'thing' is basically none of my business in a free society. I might not agree with it just as some might not agree with the second amendment, but liberty and freedom should be granted to everyone, not just a select few. Good luck with it.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I’m an agnostic person. I do not believe in Christianity.

However. I don’t know why homosexuals would be offended by the ‘Church Of Scotland’ and the ‘Catholic Church’ being against holding religious ceremonies for same sex couples.

Same sex couples can enter civil partnerships right now in Scotland anyway. So they have the same rights as heterosexuals couples.

However same sex couples want to take it a step further by holding a religious ceremony, forcing religious communities to perform them against their own faith all in the name of freedom? All the name of RIGHT?

This is the same as saying “I have the right and freedom to spit in your face”!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
I dont see nothing wrong with it, if two guys want to get married its down to them and no one else.

Well actually there is something wrong with it. Because this legislation will force religious communities to perform religious ceremonies against their own faith.

This is not about two guys. This effects whole religious communities.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the only thing I can say is that I can't wait for the Apocalypse - same sex advocates dont see the the folly with test tube babies and two dads - the only thing that keeps world leaders from nuking each other is women and children - do you think a world full of motherless men will be very safe ? I agree they should be allowed to get married but I dont see any good coming from adoption or other methods to circumvent nature in this case.

religion is slavery with "anointed" masters - the ultimate in sheep herding.

edit on 26-7-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

well I think life is itself slavery, but it is up to you to be slave of who ! maybe God or wrong clerics(which themselves rape children in their churches!) or money, sex or .....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
reply to post by Majic

You might want to apply that logic to all subjects here at ATS. I see people on a daily basis preaching hatred and fascism towards Jewish people and Israel and it goes completely un-moderated with the repeat offenders never warned or banned. Yet when the subject of gay marriage comes up and people voice their opinions on the matter everyone is forced to "tow the party line" as they say. If people can't see the double standard then they are blind

I've seen people being critical of the Israeli government, as is our right.

But I have not seen hate speech against Israeli's or Jews at all on here. I've been here for several years I don't think I have ever seen anyone openly attack the Israeli people or Jews.

I think you're mixing up critical opinion with hate speech. One is not the same as the other.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunkology

I dont see nothing wrong with it, if two guys want to get married its down to them and no one else.

Well actually there is something wrong with it. Because this legislation will force religious communities to perform religious ceremonies against their own faith.

I see you haven't actually read the story, and you don't know the facts, what a surprise.

This does not FORCE anyone to marry two men or two women, it ALLOWS two men or two women to be legally married.

Once again this is religious propaganda being spread to enforce their will on others and distort the facts in their favor. No religious institution is being FORCED to do anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
reply to post by Majic

You might want to apply that logic to all subjects here at ATS. I see people on a daily basis preaching hatred and fascism towards Jewish people and Israel and it goes completely un-moderated with the repeat offenders never warned or banned. Yet when the subject of gay marriage comes up and people voice their opinions on the matter everyone is forced to "tow the party line" as they say. If people can't see the double standard then they are blind

I've seen people being critical of the Israeli government, as is our right.

But I have not seen hate speech against Israeli's or Jews at all on here. I've been here for several years I don't think I have ever seen anyone openly attack the Israeli people or Jews.

I think you're mixing up critical opinion with hate speech. One is not the same as the other.

Well, I have (the whole "Hitler was a Hero" thread), but those threads were removed and the owners let it be known that those kinds of threads would not be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For all those quoting religion as the reason why gay marriages should not be allowed can someone please explain why heterosexual atheists are allowed to be married but gay people shouldn't be, even gay Christians?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I see you haven't actually read the story, and you don't know the facts, what a surprise.

This does not FORCE anyone to marry two men or two women, it ALLOWS two men or two women to be legally married.

Once again this is religious propaganda being spread to enforce their will on others and distort the facts in their favor. No religious institution is being FORCED to do anything.

I see that you have read the story by the BBC and think you know ALL the facts, what a surprise.

The European Court rules that once in statute law, there cannot be an opt-out. Which means that churches could face legal action if they refuse to allow same-sex cermonies in place of worship. Regardless of what the actual legislation says.

It's simple really.

1.) A gay couple want to get married in their local church.
2.) The local church is not on the registry for gay marriage because they do not wish to conduct such ceremonies.
3.) The gay couple scream descrimination.
4.) They take their case to the European court and win.

Which could then lead to .......
5.) They get married in their local church or
6.) Their local church closes down like all Catholic Adoption Agencies that closed down (in England and Wales) when the legislation for gay adoption was inacted just a few years ago.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Debunkology because: corrected

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
For all those quoting religion as the reason why gay marriages should not be allowed can someone please explain why heterosexual atheists are allowed to be married..............

er....... In Catholic Churches, and Church of England, Church of Scotland etc etc and basically everywhere in Europe. You need to be baptized in order for them to conduct a marriage ceremony. Atheists would need a special dispensation by a Bishop and even then the marriage will not be classed as sacremental.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I see that you have read the story by the BBC and think you know ALL the facts, what a surprise.

The European Court rules that once in statute law, there cannot be an opt-out. Which means that churches could face legal action if they refuse to allow same-sex cermonies in place of worship. Regardless of what the actual legislation says.

It's simple really.

1.) A gay couple want to get married in their local church.
2.) The local church is not on the registry for gay marriage because they do not wish to conduct such ceremonies.
3.) The gay couple scream descrimination.
4.) They take their case to the European court and win.

Which could then lead to .......
5.) They get married in their local church or
6.) Their local church closes down like all Catholic Adoption Agencies that closed down (in England and Wales) when the legislation for gay adoption was inacted just a few years ago.

Now why would a gay couple belong to a church that was totally against them. I've never heard of such a thing. That would be like a Jewish couple trying to get married in a Catholic church. Are you trying to tell me that if a Jewish couple screams discrimination, that a Catholic church would be forced to marry them? Nonsense. Gays would just get married in a church that accepts them wholeheartedly. Those churches do exist, you know.
edit on 26-7-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Civil partnership, yes, marriage no....why?

Marriage is a holy bond between two people, under the eyes of God (if you believe in God), homosexuality is frowned upon by the church therefore it is beyond me why a gay couple would want to marry.

Same with atheists, it's a bit hypocritical of them to undergo what was initially a religious ceremony when it goes against everything they believe (or don't believe) in.

My brother and his partner have recently undergone a civil partnership ceremony, and they are as happy as can be, and they have shown the world their love for each other by doing so. So why not leave marriage for the church goers, that way everybody is happy.

Also, with the Scottish thing......who wears the kilt?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunkology

er......I know plenty of Atheists who are married - in fact I probably know more atheists than I do theists - atheists are legally allowed to marry throughout the whole of the UK, yet gay people aren't allowed.

I'm married - I'm Agnostic.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Civil partnership, yes, marriage no....why?

Marriage is a holy bond between two people, under the eyes of God (if you believe in God), homosexuality is frowned upon by the church therefore it is beyond me why a gay couple would want to marry.

Same with atheists, it's a bit hypocritical of them to undergo what was initially a religious ceremony when it goes against everything they believe (or don't believe) in.

My brother and his partner have recently undergone a civil partnership ceremony, and they are as happy as can be, and they have shown the world their love for each other by doing so. So why not leave marriage for the church goers, that way everybody is happy.

Also, with the Scottish thing......who wears the kilt?

There are churches who have no problem marrying gays. It's the legal marriage license that's difficult to get.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join