It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage to be introduced in Scotland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Originally posted by Gauss
reply to post by Tramadolnights

You're the only freak here, and you need to get help with your inhumane outlook on people who are not like you. Watch Pocahontas or something, maybe you'll learn something. Out of respect for ATS I won't write what I think of you right now, but you should know mods are alerted.

Got a problem with free speech?

Course you do. Most of you homos are leftists so it doesn't surprise me that you would attempt to supress things you don't like.

So you think that people having an argument against your bigotry and hatred is "suppressing" your right to "free speech"?

There is also a difference between having an opinion and ranting hatred. You are doing the latter.

No one is trying to suppress the opinion against such bigotry, there are a few others on here who are anti-gay marriage, you are simply a ranting homophobe, that is the difference, and that is why your comments have been reported.

You are not debating, you are preaching bile and hatred.

Yeah ok dude, whatever you say. You just don't like people having an opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Nah, it's a sacred bond between man and woman. You just can't accept it, because you would love to destroy marriage and the family unit.

Thankfully the majority of people find homosexuality to be repuslive and disgusting as it is.

Some countries even have the death penalty for it.

Are you trying to convince me, or yourself? You saying it is doesn't make it any less untrue. And I don't have to destroy marriage and the "family unit". Married people and family men/women are doing quite a good job of doing it on their own every day. If their marriages and family is so shaky that it will get destroyed by the notion of legalizing gay marriage, then they shouldn't have gotten married or had a family in the first place.

Secondly, you are not in the majority, and once again, you saying you are doesn't make it true. It's a bigoted minority of cowardly ignoramuses and nutcases who find homosexuality "repuslive", whatever the hell that means.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Nah, it's a sacred bond between man and woman. You just can't accept it, because you would love to destroy marriage and the family unit.

Thankfully the majority of people find homosexuality to be repuslive and disgusting as it is.

Some countries even have the death penalty for it.

Are you trying to convince me, or yourself? You saying it is doesn't make it any less untrue. And I don't have to destroy marriage and the "family unit". Married people and family men/women are doing quite a good job of doing it on their own every day. If their marriages and family is so shaky that it will get destroyed by homosexuals getting married, then they shouldn't have gotten married or had a family in the first place.

Secondly, you are not in the majority, and once again, you saying you are doesn't make it true. It's a bigoted minority of cowardly ignoramuses and nutcases who find homosexuality "repuslive", whatever the hell that means.

Keep deluding yourself that people support you. It's funny to watch your plans get shot down because you are so arrogant to assume you have support.

Marriage is between one man, and one woman. This is not up for debate.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Keep deluding yourself that people support you. It's funny to watch your plans get shot down because you are so arrogant to assume you have support.

Once again - are you trying to convince me, or yourself? And once again, you saying it is, doesn't make it any less untrue.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by article
reply to post by detachedindividual

So you're a man or a woman that's all for it... I ask the same... Why? What's the point? Just because you dont hold something sacred as a defintion that's been around since the beginning of mankind, doesnt mean you have to piss all over it like it belongs to you. If you dont find it important to you by way that it's been for so long, you should loose that right. Same as voting or anything else. You have the right to call it something else. You DONT have the right to step all over others rights.

Once again we have the propaganda that allowing others to marry is somehow detracting from Christians.

What about the massive divorce rates? Why does that not harm the "sanctity of marriage" in the same way?

I find it baffling that people can scream so energetically (generally speaking) about others being able to express their devotion to each other through a loving ceremony, but there is no such bile and anger towards the many millions of people who marry for convenience, those who cheat on their partner, those who divorce... All of those things DO detract from the sanctity of marriage, and yet the idea of marrying two people of the same sex is the only thing worth screaming about?

I personally wouldn't have a Christian marriage in any sense of the word. I plan to be legally married under law, with a blessing from someone of the Pagan faith.

However, my argument is against the fundamentalist Christians espousing hypocrisy and bile on a daily basis specifically toward gay people, attempting to influence law to suit their own dogma.

That is my issue with this debate.

The fact that I come in here and argue more intelligently than all the redneck bible-thumpers is just an added bonus that I actually enjoy.

And as I said before, others will read through these threads in the future, and seeing the complete retarded hatred many so-called Christians have for others might help some to come to realize that Christianity is not tolerant or loving at all - far from it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Once again - are you trying to convince me, or yourself? And once again, you saying it is, doesn't make it any less untrue.

I don't need to convince you. It is simple fact. You have less support than opposition.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I don't need to convince you. It is simple fact.

No, it isn't.

You have less support than opposition.

No, I do not.

We're done here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

You're the only freak here, and you need to get help with your inhumane outlook on people who are not like you. Watch Pocahontas or something, maybe you'll learn something. Out of respect for ATS I won't write what I think of you right now, but you should know mods are alerted.

Got a problem with free speech?

Course you do. Most of you homos are leftists so it doesn't surprise me that you would attempt to supress things you don't like.

So you think that people having an argument against your bigotry and hatred is "suppressing" your right to "free speech"?

There is also a difference between having an opinion and ranting hatred. You are doing the latter.

No one is trying to suppress the opinion against such bigotry, there are a few others on here who are anti-gay marriage, you are simply a ranting homophobe, that is the difference, and that is why your comments have been reported.

You are not debating, you are preaching bile and hatred.

Yeah ok dude, whatever you say. You just don't like people having an opinion.

I love people having an opinion. I don't like people preaching hatred and ignorance based on their own religious fundamentalism and calling it an "opinion".

What makes you any different from the Taliban nutcase who wants to remove the rights of women to vote or have an education?

Religious extremism is just that, extremism, whether you accept it or not makes no difference. You are a religious extremist who would remove the Human rights of others based on your religiously based hatred of others.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I don't need to convince you. It is simple fact. You have less support than opposition.

And this opposition is borne out through the development of gay marriage in numerous states in the USA, and in countries around the world... yeah, that's a lot of people against gay marriage completely failing to protest against it.

You're wrong, and you're in denial. The majority have proven that they are for gay marriage time and time again. Only the rabid Christian fundamentalists are expressing their views, and they are in the extreme minority.

This is why gay marriage is being adopted all over the world, and why it will continue to be adopted all over the world, and why the Christian faith is seeing massive decline in numbers.

The religious are fading out of existence very slowly, and their hold on governments and societies is failing - and it's about time too. I long for the day when Christian extremists are incapable of bullying any government to do anything. I hope I see that day in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Let’s Please Remember Our Manners

Differing opinions on the topic are fine, including support or opposition to gay marriage, but let's avoid using inflammatory terms or hateful rhetoric. From the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Specifically, let's avoid words like "freaks", ad hominem attacks and off-topic commentary, lest they be considered trolling.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding and cooperation.

edit on 7/26/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Its a shame the ancient and beautiful ceremony of Marriage is being ruined by liberals and athiests.

On the up shot, the gays get to experience the horrors of marriage.

What the heck are you on about. Love conquers all bounds. Love is a chemistry and if 2 men or women are in love then why should it be stopped and any different to a man and a woman? Your clearly very Christian. Your religion will always cause pain, fear, hurt and resentment until you decide to do the following:

1. Respect others
2. Love others
3. Follow your heart - not a book

"Though shall not judge"...

Hypocritical much?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Marriage is a choice, not a right.

Why?

And what is it if someone chooses to get married yet is denied that choice?

Two men who want to be marrried. I mean, have you ever heard such a stupid and ridiculous prospect.

Two men getting married. Gotta laugh really.

What, the earth isn't flat?

Allow Black people the same rights as white?

Let women vote?

Gotta laugh really.

Scottish men wear skirts which is why they are allowing immoral acts to be legalised.

Words truly fail me.

Argh - I see you have now been banned - never like to see anyone banned - but there are exceptions that prove every rule - shame though that it happened before you could respond to me.

reply to post by mikeone718

.....Marriage however is a sacred unity between man and woman,.......

Why is it sacred?
Who or what defines sacred?

And if it's sacred why can heterosexual Atheists get married?

Same sex marriage is an abomination and an offense to decent society.

Why is it an abomination?

What exactly is 'decent society'?

reply to post by geobro

.....people should look up the HOLLY GREIG case......

WTF has the Holly Greig case got to do with Gay Marriage or homosexuals?

You post reeks of ignorance, paranoia, sensationalism and sheer bloody hatefullness - what a sad, pityful, hate-filled life you must live.

sick totally sick

Seems to me that the only thing that is sick is you and your 'GODS LAW' that advocates hatred and bigotry.

our glorious leaders all a bunch of pedos

That may or may not be true - but that doesn't equate to them being homosexual and isn't the topic under discussion.

edit on 26/7/12 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Very well-written posts by the two fellow members above me. Starred both of you.

As a side-note, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see Tramadolnights banned. Very few people here on ATS have angered me so much as his homophobic posts did.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes9
the anti_christic media are doing their job well !

Can you point me to wherever the "anti-christic media" is? I'd like to make a generous donation for them to continue their good work in ridding us of hatred and intollerance.

well do you know what is amazing me! look at USA 10 years ago even far before that it triggered the Idea of new world order, while the existing order was completely on behalf of USA.
EU just does oil and bank sanction against Iran while they have economic problems and they are playing with dangerous oil. a game that will not have any winner. and certainly it is not on behalf of EU.
and now with population and family disasters in west they are going rapidly towards homosexuality !
on behalf of who are these actions?
please do not say on behalf of freedom or for God's pleasure ! it is funny !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm straight myself and I really don't see the problem with two people who care deeply for each other getting married.

The Bible doesn't own marriage and a book written years ago surely can't be applied to every aspect of modern day life. Times change, society changes, people change.

In my opinion a "democracy" that doesn't grant people equal rights regardless of their sexual orientation isn't a democracy at all. It's a group of people creating an unequal society where one group have less rights and are alienated which is fundamentally wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Go back to the Catholic Church, and tell 'em, that Scotland's sons and sons are yours no more

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Very well-written posts by the two fellow members above me. Starred both of you.

As a side-note, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see Tramadolnights banned. Very few people here on ATS have angered me so much as his homophobic posts did.

I started reading this thread a few minutes ago and I said to myself "Who is this Troll" (refering to Trama...). Registers a few days ago, jumps on Gays and gets himself banned in short order. We shall have to be vigilant, such creatures are certain to rise again, with a new name of course...

Anyways, kudos to Scottland, I can't wait to see a wedding with both Grooms in kilts!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Some of you anti-gays really need to educate yourselves. I'm actually mortified for how much you're the opposite of clued-up. And you speak with such authority!

This isn't about the so-called sanctity of marriage at all, is it? It's because you simply don't like gays. At least be honest with yourselves. Speaking for myself only, I'm not fussed what you think. Society is coming around to our point of view and you're just going to be left behind. If it really was about the sanctity of marriage, you'd be going after anyone thinking of getting a divorce and shunning those who are already divorced. If you were really serious about the sanctity of marriage, divorce could become as hot a topic as abortion. The fact that it isn't, and that you only really get your knickers in a knot when it comes to gay marriage, proves that you're all whistling out of your backsides. Why are you attacking people who want to get married (presumably because they believe in the concept) and not those who are taking a gigantic wazz on their marriage vows?

Be serious now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join