It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Libertarian party candidate Michael Badnarik was arrested in St. Louis while attempting to deliver an Order to Show Cause to the Commission on Presidential Debates Friday. The order, seeks to remedy the exclusion of the Libertarian, and other non-Democrat, non-Republican; party candidates from the presidential debates.

badnarik.org The first report from St. Louis is in - and presidential candidates Michael Badnarik (Libertarian) and David Cobb (Green Party) were just arrested. Badnarik was carrying an Order to Show Cause, which he intended to serve the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). Earlier today, Libertarians attempted to serve these same papers at the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the CPD - but were stopped from approaching the CPD office by security guards.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Mr. Badnarik is scheduled for an ATSNN interview in the very near future. We'll be certain to get his opinion of this event, his treatment, and response from the commission (if any). Related News Links: worldnetdaily.com www.mercurynews.com Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads: Is voting for a third party even worth it? Michael Badnarik - Libertarian Candidate SOCIAL: About Badnarik Libertarian Presidential Candidate Badnarik: Everything you need to know

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
www.indymedia.org being now operated by the government !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Couple more threads on this ... checking...

Here they are:

Badnarik Arrested For Crashing Debate!

Badnarik to crash debates tonight

I also posted something on RATS

If Badnarik was serving a court order should he not have been accompanied by a sherrif or other court officer and thus be able to get passed the security guards?

Getting arrested is a good way to grab media attention. By accident or by design this incident coupled with ATS member Being-Watched-by-Them's recent experience is a good basis for some national attention.

What to do about this?

Libertarians should be flooding media outlets (local papers, radio, tv stations etc.) with questions and demands for the story to get out and Badnarik allowed to make his case.

Amerika, land of the not so free.

[edit on 10/9/2004 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have not seen any updates on this story.

Anyone? Are these party leaders released, out on bail or still in prison?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They were released, last night Art Bell had one of the candidates on for about an hour....i forgot which, I was half asleep. But it was one of the two that were arrested. He said the officer arrested him because the presidential candidate was not listening to the officer and was disturbing the peace, or something like that. I don't know...i think this story is a bit fishy...if he truly had a court order as the member below said, then the officer would have no choice but to let him in, that is the law...

What i heard the candidate say last night is that he is now persuing a lawsuit because he was not allowed in the debate, I don't remember him saying he had any court order. I do think this should be researched more in depth to see what the real story is...and find some evidence to back up the presidential candidate story.

new topics

top topics

join