It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[EXPLAINED] tag to titles in Aliens & UFOs section?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There are a great deal of threads in the A&U section where the photo, video or whatever have been explained. Because they aren't hoaxes they reside in A&U. Now often people who haven't read these threads in their entirety will jump in and add their "2 cents". As a service to these lazy sods
and the rest of us wouldn't it make sense to add an [EXPLAINED] tag to the title of these kinds of threads?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Here here.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
There are a great deal of threads in the A&U section where the photo, video or whatever have been explained. Because they aren't hoaxes they reside in A&U. Now often people who haven't read these threads in their entirety will jump in and add their "2 cents". As a service to these lazy sods
and the rest of us wouldn't it make sense to add an [EXPLAINED] tag to the title of these kinds of threads?

Good point, but would there be any objective standard by which a photo or video would be deemed "explained", or would it up to the subjective feeling of the mods?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I endorse this.

Such would allow those interested enough to look, to see how many normal expected phenomenon might appear to be extraordinary, whereas it's simply normal, expected, and possibly just outside common or layman experience.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Good point, but would there be any objective standard by which a photo or video would be deemed "explained", or would it up to the subjective feeling of the mods?

Take this recent thread for example. I think it would be safe to leave it up the moderators to decide.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Take this recent thread for example. I think it would be safe to leave it up the moderators to decide.

You're probably right. I'm totally with you as long as the topic remained open for discussion after being deemed explained. The tag would just be a caveat noting that the mods feel the pic or vid has been adequately explained. That's how the "hoax" tag works, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I totally agree. There are many things that need an overhaul on ATS right now. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but at some point I'd like to see it step into the new generation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I support this and im sure staff can discuss this option....if something is actually explained and there is no debate left....

Id suggest if this is done and staff has not seen it, hit the alert on the thread along w/ the post that explains/debunks whatever.....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea. It would also make sense to post a link to the post that "explained" the title being added to the OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloseEncounter
I totally agree. There are many things that need an overhaul on ATS right now. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but at some point I'd like to see it step into the new generation.

you mean the A&U forum would like to see my face hanging around again? hmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

you mean the A&U forum would like to see my face hanging around again? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ab.so.lutel.y!
edit on 26-7-2012 by CloseEncounter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

yes GEL..yes

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Begs the question, why are you not in that forum??

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ummm, yeah that would be nice. It seems that it has become the home of people that don't actually investigate or research topics, they just post away hoping someone else will answer all their qeustions.

new topics

top topics

join