It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top biologist from Glaxosmithkline electrocuted in freak accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
James Kew, 42, a top biologist for GlaxoSmithKline is believed to have died instantly after hitting a fallen power line during a jog with some friends.

I always get an uneasy feeling when I read these stories. Are the chances of dying in freak accidents higher for scientists than for the ordinary man in the street? Sometimes it looks like it.

Top biologist dies after running into fallen electric cable

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

James Kew, 42, a top biologist for GlaxoSmithKline is believed to have died instantly after hitting a fallen power line during a jog with some friends.

I always get an uneasy feeling when I read these stories. Are the chances of dying in freak accidents higher for scientists than for the ordinary man in the street? Sometimes it looks like it.

Top biologist dies after running into fallen electric cable

Well there seem to be a hell of a lots of strange deaths for microbiologists.

Check out this list from 2005 Now 88 Dead Scientists And Microbiologists

edit on 25-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Interesting, an empty field, tall vegetation/grass, no lights around, no cameras.

A power line fell on him. Convenient.

I Wonder if he was working on a new drug, and probably disagreement with the company or fellow associate.
edit on 7/25/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Oh My.
This news is shocking..
must have been a hair raising situation
edit on 25-7-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if there isn't some sort of industry espionage going on with all these biologists deaths What if Kew was working on some break though and another company is working on the same thing. They hire someone to take care of Kew and the other company gets to move forward in their research while the other one flounders even though the may have original;y had the lead.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think it's weird when it shares the headlines with the likes of this -
Flu vaccination for every child from 2014 to save 2,000 lives a year

..and then you google a couple of these terms together and find articles that are years old, like this - 40 Dead Microbiologist..Swine Flu/Bird Flu

top topics

join