It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What WAS that?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just want to preface the following with this information: I'm 30yrs old, I know the difference between dreams, my imagination, and reality. To suggest otherwise is just plain insulting.

Anyway, last night I was dreaming of a house. A house with lots of windows. It was a bright dream, with lots of sunshine, and it's own sort of "atmosphere", if you will. (

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Have you lost someone in your life recently. A friend, relative? Or have had a pressing matter you've been looking for an answer for.

Des

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Haven't lost anyone close in nearly 5yrs. And as far as wanting answers....that's kind of a daily thing. LOL! In other words, this was pretty much out-of-the-blue.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I guess I'm stumped too. I was thinking along the lines of someone you know/knew visiting you in spirit. I do believe that does happen. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Des

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Why would it be insulting to say it was a dream?? As a lucid dreamer I know for a FACT that dreams are confused with both reality, oobes and so on due to how realistic these dreams can be. Take for example our senses.. In lucid dreams these senses can be more vivid than waking life, but yet you now get insulted if i say i think it was a dream.

Personally I think you were both awake and dreaming at same time. Sometimes when you suddenly wake up from a dream you might see both dream world and real world for a few seconds, which means that dream parts will appear as hallucinations.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
you were dreaming, the human mind is powerful.
some times dreams so deep that youll feel the texture of an object in your hand only to wake up to an empty palm

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh, I've lucid dreamt before. Some of the greatest and most moving images I've ever known have come from lucid dreams. I have experience in ALL of that. There was one time, I was looking at a stained glass window, all the different colors and patterns. I got woken up so suddenly that when I opened my eyes, it took a full 2min before the colors went away. It was like they were still stuck in my eyes. I was looking around at my room, and there in the center of my vision, was the piece of stained glass I'd been looking at.

I find it insulting BECAUSE I know the difference. This. Was. Reality. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i meant no insult

i guess you can inspect the spot where this shadow was standing, see if any windows or doors were left open, maybe ask around to see if anyone around your way has had the same experience?

but this site is abotu denying ignorance, and there still allot of mystery with dreams and the human mind, what we've learned so far hasnt even scratched the surface yet on a medical level.

i just dont like the idea of "I dont know what happened but dont say its a dream or i'm going to get mad". Even when you your self admit to being half asleep, mumbling something then going back to sleep.

edit on 25-7-2012 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I meant insulting in general. I've already met with loads of skepticism today. Everything from "What'd you eat before ya laid down honey?" to "Wow...I wish my imagination were that vivid!".

(-.-)

I have a college degree, I write novels and read quantum physics in my spare time...not to sound egotistical, but I know myself well enough to distinguish reality from any form of dreaming or imaginative creativity, no matter how realistic. You know?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The fact that you were having a dream about a home with a lot of windows tells me that maybe your dream was getting ready to "show" you something that something else didn't want you to see and interrupted your dream.

Did your dream ever pick up where it left off?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It did. Is that significant?

I was standing in the front yard looking up at the house (it was maybe 3-4 stories up), and a little round window on the second story from the top started rotating...like there was a spindle in the center of it. I was going to look it up on my dream interpretation website this morning, but I got busy with other stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Actually, my thoughts are a little different on the meaning now that I know that you were on the outside of the house looking up at it versus being in the house looking through the windows to the outside. So, yes, that changes things a little. If I come up with anything from your new description, I'll let you know. In the meanwhile, I'll be curious to see what you've found out on your own when you get time.

Either way, it still appears to me that something was trying to keep you from finishing your dream. Just a little less sure as to why.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Crap, I didn't describe that right. I'd been in the house before I woke up, talked to whatever-it-was, and rolled over. When the dream picked up I was in the yard, looking up at the house.

The inside of the house was polished wood...y'know, thinking about it now, the only way i can accurately describe it would be to say that it resembled a smaller version of the Winchester Mansion! Bright colors, lots of different sized windows (one that spun)...very whimsical.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The only thing I can come up with right off the top of my head is that this middle round window that is rotating represents the window to the soul, since it also appears to be towards the middle of the house based on your description.

Are you confused about something relating to your soul?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Isn't everyone? I think a lot about this life. Reality. What it's for, what WE'RE for. The book I'm reading now on my kindle is a book on quantum physics, NDEs and human consciousness. The author is a physicist who's had multiple NDEs.

Quantu m Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion and the Human Soul by William Joseph Bray

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sounds like a good book worth reading!

In the meanwhile, it sounds like something is trying to slow you down from coming to any realizations or confirmations that you might otherwise receive through your dreams.

Don't let it stop you!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I won't now!! Thank you so much for your unique interpretation on this!! I really appreciate it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here's another tip that I have failed to do myself.

In the last couple of weeks I had two specific dreams that stood out enough to make me wake up and tell myself that it was important that I remember them, unfortunately, I didn't write them down right after I had them and I forgot the message by the time I woke up!

For some reason, both dreams came to me in the form of writing. The messages were written down for me to read, they weren't actual events that I was supposed to remember. I wish I had written them down!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The more I think on all this the more it makes sense. I've been ripped out of dreams before. Here's one from about two years ago: Dream Mods??

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That's the thing that's hard to tell.

I absolutely believe that our dreams can receive outside interference, the question is trying to figure out who, what, if and when it's happening.

Sometimes outside noises can interrupt them, but then again, I've had dreams revolve around noises I've heard while I'm sleeping too.

However, I would personally have a problem with some figure or shadow having interrupted my dream. That one just doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless there's intentional outside interference taking place. Obviously, you were meant to have the dream anyway!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join