It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to hear your paranormal stories!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've searched before (slightly) at "real" haunted houses and cemetaries for the paranormal but have never came in contact with any such beings/things. I would like to invite anyone to share their stories on this thread. I would love to read them!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I live in a very old house and when I was younger I had all sorts of experiences.. I'll sum up a couple of them ..

1. Ghost in the driveway

The house I'm in has some dense woods behind it which used to be a trailer park back in the 40s .. they removed all the trailers and eventually let it become over grown with trees and bushes.. now it's pretty thick! .. There are houses surrounding it in a big square shape..

Having just recently learned to ride my bike without training wheels ( yep that young ) .. me and 3-4 of my friends were riding around on the street.. We decided to go the park which is on the right side of this "square" shape of houses.. My house sits at the bottom.. We turned left to go up the street where the park is and the kid in front just stopped and froze looking completely stunned, when we all looked in the direction he was looking .. we saw an apparition floating in the drive, the drive leads back into the woods.. It was pretty much your typical ghost where it was white but translucent almost like smoke.. it had a clearly defined mouth and the eyes had a red sort of glow to them.. We ALL took off at the same time, I wrecked my bike going around the corner so fast .. we all described it to my parents exactly the same way.. first experience!

2. The man in the woods

My brothers decided to take me snipe hunting, if you're not familiar with that.. it's a horrible prank to pull =) you basically take someone where it's dark and wooded.. tell them to hold open a bag with a piece of bread or something and to wait in order to catch a snipe going in for the food.. meanwhile, you all spread out so you better your chances .. secretly leaving the victim there alone until he or she realizes it.

My two brother's took me back there and of course I was the victim.. after about 15 or 20 minutes I heard nothing, not a single noise.. I started to think they abandoned me back there but then I looked over and saw the shape of a very tall man, taller than either of my brothers .. I still asked "Randy? is that you??" the tallest of the two brothers .. the head turned towards me and I could see the moon light right through this things head so I took off in terror back to the house.. when I got inside, they were both playing video games in the living room.. it wasn't them!

3. The thing that walked the halls/stairs

This was experienced by both me and my mother who lived there at the time ..I was about 17 at the time, my brothers had long moved out by now and I was in my room watching tv when I heard the hall light click .. I went out and there didn't seem to be anyone there so I clicked it back on.. checked around again.. nothing

A few minutes later the light clicked off again so I went out once more, yelled out "who's there?" .. got no response and so I turned it back on ..

Another few minutes pass, I hear it click again but this time I just think to myself "Nope! I'm staying in my room" .. so shortly after I hear a bunch of loud noises and glass break down the hall .. I go grab my replica highlander sword ( don't judge me! ) and go out in the hall with a flash light, I click on the light and it works so I don't know what the glass is yet.. I go towards the bathroom and click that light on but it doesn't work .. I look around in there with the flashlight and see all the shampoo bottles in the bath tub rather than on the back board where they usually sit.. and the bathroom light glass is shattered all over the sink... I was alone at home that night!

4. Part 2 of the above story..

This time I was gone at a starsiege tribes lan tournament in Indiana ( I live in Ohio so I was fairly far away ) .. my mother tells me she was upstairs in the restroom when she heard someone walking up the steps.. she's alone, so she's afraid and carries a little baseball bat around.. she walks to the door and opens it asking who's there.. nothing.. so she walks out carefully and looks around.. nothing there.. walks downstairs, checks the doors and windows.. all still locked.. so she returns back to the restroom.

She starts hearing the footsteps again .. ignores it this time thinking that it's just her imagination since she's afraid of being in the house alone.. but this time it makes it to the top and she hears it in the hallway.. you can hear people walking easily because the floors creak ( the house is over 120 years old ) .. She hollers out again asking who's there.. nothing.. she hears it turn the corner to the side hall where the restroom and her room is located.. she goes quiet and is convinced someone broke in .. then the doorknob jiggled one time.. she rushed over and slammed the door open thinking she would knock whoever it was down and be able to hit him with the bat .. then break for it .. but when she shoved the door open it opened freely and nothing was there.. again the whole house was empty!

There have been a number of other things but those are the most extreme.. I've lived in that house since I was 5

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
First time I ever ran out of space! lol .. I was saying I've lived in that house since I was 5 and I'm 34 now .. so it's been a very long time.. the house was originally built as a school house and then in the 1920s it was converted to a home.. sometime in the late 20s or 30s the second story and attic were added on .. it's pretty large and has many rooms.

We found photos and letters under floorboards in the attic and even found a rusty hatchet in the basement.. pretty creepy stuff.. the letters had most of my families first names mentioned at some point in passing.. like my mother's name Connie and her boyfriend at the time Clifford were both in the letters.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well its open to speculation, but there are times when I think our flat is not quite haunted, (some form of something), mainly just bits of weird every now and again.....

Last summer time (ish) i got up one morning to find the radio on (it was off before I went to bed), my kids were grilled to check they didn't do it (I already knew the answer would be no, they never touch it, but had to ask)

Earlier this year I was sat in the kitchen kids were in bed (they had a mate for a sleepover), I heard the telly come on (apparently there is a known fault with Samsung tv's, but mine has only done this twice in 2years I have had it), might well be nothing but the quirky samsung issue, then again....

Ok my personal favourite, my son was away for a couple of days on a residential school trip, my best freinds son (coincidently, my son's best friend too), and my daughter were sitting on her bed chilling out, the next thing I know they have come running in to the kitchen to tell us .....

The "Dalek talked !"

Yes you heard that right, the dalek said "Exterminate!" Now my daughter is 5, and my friends son is 9, there are two talking daleks in the kids bedroom, one is RC, the other is a push his tummy hear him issue death threats.

The kids think it was the RC one, but I tried pushing the little button on the front, and no sound came out, the unit was switched to the "off" position.

The other dalek try as I might, I couldn't get the little cuddly guy to speak up, and I pressed real hard.

Anyway after drilling the kids (to make sure they weren't plaing around, although again this isn't something they would do normally, so I already knew they were telling the truth, but you have to ask), I tested the batteries in both the daleks, and they were fine. So what happend ?!

That happend about a month ago, and since then no other anomolies have taken place, but then I don't expect there to be for two reasons....

1) They don't happen often

2) The Dalek and Telly incident took place when my friends son was here, there was another incident that happend not long ago with something falling from a great height, landing the right way up, but my friends son wasn't there, in fact none of us were, but my daughter had gone to stay with her dad for a weeks holiday, and I had taken my son out for a treat, when we got back home the game was on the floor the right way up, the weird part is that game never falls down, in fact it wasn't precariously balanced in any way, and has never come down in the past (unless played), and it had sat there quite happily for the last 6 months no problem.

So my long winded number 2 is.... I think perhaps the flat/entity/wave function/ doesn't like it when the one or other of the kids goes away, or its all perfectly rational....stuff likes to play

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

hahaha

They made us search for snipes for 2 hours in girl scouts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just ghost stories?

I have ghost stories
the story behind why i believe in reincarnation
and the phoenix lights

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by miniatus

hahaha

They made us search for snipes for 2 hours in girl scouts.

I've done it to my nieces and nephews but I didn't just run off and leave them in the woods while I went off to play video games lol .. we didn't do it in boy scouts though.. I would have been prepared! lol

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just ghost stories?

I have ghost stories
and the phoenix lights

Lets hear it then. Paranormal... so all that the word entails.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just ghost stories?

I have ghost stories
and the phoenix lights

There you are! You came to my thread, and posted a short and sweet reply like the one above. I replied asking you to come back and tell us your stories, but you didn't. Would you please come back and post there, as well? I am very interested in your reincarnation story. I have a thread up on that topic, as well. I'm interested in hearing about the phoenix lights, as well.
Here is my link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many stories there for you to read, as well, OP. In the meantime, I look forward to the stories being posted here.
S&F for you. We all love reading these type of experiences.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread about ghost stories a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com

This is something that happened a long time ago that convinced me there are things that can't be explained.

Let me give you a little background. When my wife (now ex) and I were first married, we rented an apartment in the upper part of an old house. There was one other apartment downstairs. I drew a picture of the layout to help you better understand the story.

The stairs were inside the building and went down to the front door on the porch. The room behind the kitchen is where we first set up our bedroom. After a couple of months, my wife accused me of bothering her at night by rubbing and patting her on the back. I denied it, which was true. She then insisted we move the bedroom to the front. That's what the picture shows.

The clock on the wall was a rather large, diamond shaped mirror about three feet across the corners with a clock in the middle. There was a street light at the corner outside, so there was enough light in the room at night to see reasonably well. The entry door had a deadbolt on it that we always latched before we went to bed.

We were in bed and I was on the side with night stand. There was an alarm clock there. I woke up during the night for no reason. I looked at the clock. It was about 3:00 am. I remember this very distinctly. As I lay there, I heard a click and thought that it sounded like the door latch. Then I thought maybe I forgot to latch the deadbolt and someone was in there. I was wide awake, now, listening for sounds of someone moving around. I didn't hear anything, so I sat up and turned toward the door.

What I saw was something shaped like a person standing at the other side of the bed. There were no features. It was white and semi-transparent. I could clearly see the clock on the wall behind it. I was terrified. I tried to yell, but nothing came out. I could see what looked like an arm and, when I looked down, it was rubbing and patting my wife on the back.

Just by reflex, I reached out and grabbed at it's arm. I actually caught something in my hand. What it felt like was an arm inside a suit coat. I had it just above the wrist. When I did that, the arm turned and a hand grabbed my arm. The next thing I remember, I was laying back on the bed. I sat up again and looked around. There was nothing there. I was so shaken, I didn't sleep the rest of that night. It was years before I told anyone that story.

top topics

join