It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia accuses US of justifying terrorism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Russia accuses US of

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iCKKwsCli15aveXZA6csDbzOBRew?docId=CNG.b4cc08dc997a311f5dff666028b265a6.331]www.google.com[/ur l]

MOSCOW — Russia on Wednesday lashed out at the United States for backing the armed opposition to the Syrian regime, saying Washington's failure to condemn the July 18 blast that killed top security officials meant it was justifying terror.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-7-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: Headline messed up

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Seems Russia is turning the heat up in the war of words over Syria (And rightly so) and from a official NAMED source rather than quoting unnamed sources for a change

The article its self is quite small, however it is good to see the American government being called out on its hypocrisy , I particularly liked this quote

He criticised the US ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, saying she had argued that the attacks in Damascus meant the UN Security Council had to agree a sanctions resolution against Syria last week that Russia later vetoed.

"In other words, to say it in plain Russian, this means 'we (the United States) will continue to support such terrorist acts for as long as the UN Security Council has not done what we want'," Lavrov said

Which pretty much seems to hit the nail on the head for me, I wonder what the American response will be?

Any thoughts?

www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[url=http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=278855]Jerusalem Post

The Australian
edit on 25-7-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

Moneycontrol
edit on 25-7-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few months. I'm still up in the air about Syria leading to WWIII, but it looks more and more like it could be a possibility. Let's all just hold our breath til after the open ceremonies (not trying to hijack thread just joking).

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
interesting ... going to have to keep an eye on this ... should be amusing to see the fairytale the americans tell the russians ...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

All the major wars in the world have started when Saturn is in conjunction with Mars. Currently Sat and Mars conjunction is still going on. Times are crucial. Hope the gentle minds prevail. There is no harm in waiting till 2014 for Free elections in Syria and winner taking the leadership. If war with Syria has its final goals in war with Iran, then those initiating it should be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Sadly this has nothing to do with free elections in 2014 or any other time, it is not about democracy, it is about control and how certain western nations wish to control everything. If it was about democracy the US would of backed the rebels in Bahrain, however the Bahrain government is pro USA and so no, a rebellion is not allowed there, not even allowed to be reported.

The whole thing is a sham, just as Libya was, the Russians know it and standing firm, good on them I say. I just hope it does not escalate in to something much worse and I do feel sorry for teh Syrian people caught in teh middle of this proxy war

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Terrorism is a political buzzword meaning 'paramilitary activities which I don't agree with'. Countries support some paramilitaries and brand all others 'terrorists'.

This is a continuation of the US/Russia exchange of "you're supporting the murder of innocent civilians by backing Assad" (US) and "by backing the opposition you're supporting terrorism" (Russia) - Public moral arguments to support amoral strategic policies.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by victor7

Sadly this has nothing to do with free elections in 2014 or any other time, it is not about democracy, it is about control and how certain western nations wish to control everything. If it was about democracy the US would of backed the rebels in Bahrain, however the Bahrain government is pro USA and so no, a rebellion is not allowed there, not even allowed to be reported.

The whole thing is a sham, just as Libya was, the Russians know it and standing firm, good on them I say. I just hope it does not escalate in to something much worse and I do feel sorry for teh Syrian people caught in teh middle of this proxy war

It will go poorly for anyone caught in the middle of a proxy war. It always does... but more importantly, I must disagree with your statement:

...it is not about democracy, it is about control and how certain western nations wish to control everything.

You are correct in that it is not "about" democracy... in fact it is not even about Syria at all. They are as you say "in the middle" of the power play.

But it never was, and remains untrue that "certain western nations wish to control everything."

It is the global energy and financial cartel that drives nations in the 21st Century (and for most of the 20th).

This is about corporate resource management and theft. Acquisition by force, and "using" the "sovereignty" bogey-man to make it appear that is the "nations" of the world that mistreat each other and "go rogue."

The entire point of this kind of social engineering is "theater" it is a play to make certain that those who have been the beneficiaries of war and the crushing debt that accompanies it. remain hidden behind the appearance of "nationalities" and "movements."

Ever since Viet Nam they have been creating the narrative that people across borders hate each other.... ever try hating someone you don't know? It is unreasonably difficult. That is why they "tell" us that "we hate them and they hate us" that is why it's OK to use propaganda in your own country on your own people... to make people see that "its all about 'us' being the good guys."

Yet behind it all are manipulative lies, misinformation, and sensationalized and staged brutality.

Please don't include the people of any nation in the lunacy and hatefulness of their leaders.... most people ... the vast majority of them... just want to live a reasonable life.... and it doesn't include splattering someone's lifeblood across the floor... in the name of misbegotten pride, pointless destructive revenge, or some sense of 'national' superiority... That kind of thinking goes hand ion hand with the political thespians... and their directors.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Add to that Neptune ,Pluto and Uranus

Neptune(viral weaponry,chemical weaponry)
Uranus(bombs,aircraft,assault,bombing)
Pluto(nuclear weapons

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Well this is the first time you made a apt statement.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

About Neptune I know that it has mysterious characteristics. Also, very importantly Pluto transit also brings war and similar deals. Astrologers ignore it because it's transit is so long.

On the otherhand, Dec 21, 2012 is supposed to the a start of Golden Age as our Sun reaches the middle of the vertical plane of the Galaxy and starts to rise above it going for the top point. So what are we talking a brief but intense war and then peace for 2000 years. Let's hope and pray to reach the Dec 21st without any nonsense and it should be peace from there on.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Soshh

Well this is the first time you made a apt statement.

It isn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well it begs the question..

For the War on Terror to continue, you need terror of some sort, whether real, or manufactured?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

And its an mistake to ignore them in terms of mundane astrology.I know that most vedic astrologers do,but I think its important to include them,especially these three and especially Neptune and Pluto.Pluto signifies mass genocide and extinction.Neptune is the unseen like Pluto and Neptune governs oil and gas,chemicals,poisons,virus,bacteria.Pluto,Uranus,Neptune in my speculatory opinion govern sacred geometry along with Saturn.

Saturn worship is a cult among jews and Saturn is the driving force for world domination.But Saturn and Mars are always countered by Neptune. Neptune thwarts their supremacy.Russia(in all astrological charts whether kievan rus,Russian empire,USSR,Russian federation) has a strong Neptune,Uranus and Pluto which is why they have managed to destroy Khazaria a 1000 years ago.Same with the mongols who they weakened via revolts and covert tactics and destroyed by them.Same with Nazi Germany. Same with France.

Neptune characteristic is that whoever tries to destroy the nation powered by Neptune via overt methods backfires and is destroyed itself.

This has also led me to the conclusion that Russia might be indeed the most unique of all nations on Earth.

edit on 25-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree with most of what you are saying, I just don't see a distinction between corporations and government any more, they have blended into each other and become the same thing, all politicians in these modern times are either from a corporate background or their family is corporate (mostly banking, but a lot of energy firms also) the corporations control government, hence the national lead of any country is to serve corporate interests.

The other part I disagree with is that the people of a said country are not responsible for their leaders, we are. At an individual level the vast majority of sane people want to live in peace and has a prosperous life, that is rewarding and fulfilling, that is true, however collectively as the people of a nation if we sit idly by and allow things to happen then yes we must shoulder the blame, it is not for the people of another nation to bring our governments in line, that is our responsibility. If we wish to become civilised, then it is incumbent upon us to ensure our government acts in a civilised manner, and if it does not, we really should replace it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Good. Russia is not speaking an untruth. Regardless of their motivation for pointing it out, there is no reason to argue the point. We all know "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter".

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As the rebels all hold Russian AK47's and other Russian arms, Russia comes out with such a hypocritical claim that the US is arming them?

The Arabs are arming the rebels who in turn got the arms from the Russians.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just last week, Russian's senile old fool and relic of a cold war past current leader Putin, accused the Free Syrian People of going against their constitutional leader and the rule of law.

Thing is, had this barbarian senile old fool realized WHO had been SLAUGTHERING his own citizens and breaking the very rule of law that binds a nation in agreement to follow laws?

It was none other than the HumanSlayer Assad and his bunch of thugs, that had broken the laws and butchered his unarmed citizens mercilessly for the past 14months by the tens of thousands.

Without the rule of law, then where is justice going to come from? From the butchering leaders?
Which nation on Earth ALLOWS the constitutional or monarchial rule of law leader to slaughter his own citizens?

There is no words from to describe the support from the senile old fool Putin had given to the beast Assad, and stopped the free world from intervening from the start, which could have save much much more lives than now.

It's too late now, and that bas*ard Putin with his barbarian supporters still continues to refuse to acknowledge their horrifying errors to the Syrian Free People, and yet had the idiocy to blame the Free world?

Putin should be booted out of the UN, and reviled as a pariah dog that he truly is, by the international community and fraternity of humankind.

The UN is made up of humans whom holds on to the highest integrity and protection of human rights. No human leader or society is perfect, but at least, there must be attempts to make right over wrongs.

But Putin had been irresponsible and only shown how craven and vile he is, to the extent of being inhuman and indifferent to human suffering, a slap to the founding fathers whom had created the UN right after a murderous WW to prevent another.
edit on 25-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Want to prevent WW3 then stop arming the Syrian rebels via your poodles like Saudi and Qatar. Let free elections take place in 2014 or even earlier. Call back your ships from middle east to prove you are not supporting any side.

Other than that, just hope and pray that matters do not blast out of control.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Yeah right! And let the HumanSlayer Assad and his monster thugs with russian supplied war butchering machines to slaughter even more Free Syrian People?

Even if the Free World stops and turn its back inhumanely as you demanded, do you think the Free Syrian People will bow meekly and let their own loved ones to be slaughtered daily till none is left alive?

I doubt if even you, warped in your perception as you are, would allow such a thing happen to you. With your bare hands, you will do all it takes to defend your own loved ones, how more the Free Syrian People as a nation ruled by monsters and supported by beasts today?

Are you human?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join