Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

World leaders promoting tolerance; but what do you really know about Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Tabari 9:69, "Killing unbelievers is a small matter to us" the words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.
Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992 " fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah" Muhammad's instructions to his men prior to a raid.
A whole lot more in Atlas Shrugs.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's what I know about Islam, having read the Quran from cover to cover. It is full of inconsistencies for starters. It's filled with hate throughout. It keeps mankind in a hopeless state.

Those who follow it treat woman like cattle, kill others because they don't believe in it, and make war and violence on everyone (including each other) around them constantly. There is no peace, and there is no love, except for that wishful thinking in those who pretend there to be.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

im even going to go so far as to say you know nothing at all about Islam dumb ass for a start every Muslim has to have read the bible as the qur'an is a continuation of the bible Mohamed is the last profit that was told of in the bible ,,,,,he was even mentioned by name by Barnabas but the Nicaean council to it out of the bible its only Christians that will not recognize Islam just because its not in the bible

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

so what qur'an did you read then if you have truley read a qur'an you will be able to answer this question no problem but be careful you answer will tell me if your lieing or not

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

im even going to go so far as to say you know nothing at all about Islam dumb ass for a start every Muslim has to have read the bible as the qur'an is a continuation of the bible Mohamed is the last profit that was told of in the bible ,,,,,he was even mentioned by name by Barnabas but the Nicaean council to it out of the bible its only Christians that will not recognize Islam just because its not in the bible

Islam is the anti Bible, or that which opposes. It is not, nor was it ever part of the Bible. The Gospel of Barnabas was a forgery and a fake meant to sooth the Islamic hordes to the east in early Europe. The Bible is about how to live life, and how to love. The Quran is about how you must die, and how to hate everyone who is not a muslim.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

so what qur'an did you read then if you have truley read a qur'an you will be able to answer this question no problem but be careful you answer will tell me if your lieing or not

To be specific, true Islam makes the statement that the reading of the Quran in any language other than the original is not true as that which is in the original tongue. So any English translation is apt to be disputed by the clerics and not held to be good defense when and if accused of any crimes against allah or the prophet. However, since many are not proficient in the original tounge we must take the translation at the face value, having been translated by the very clerics who deny it any power.

The many above Suras that were stated remain truth to those who hear them as to the actual intent of the religion of Islam. Kill, destroy, and take a spoil. Doesn't sound like love in there to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Those who follow it treat woman like cattle, kill others because they don't believe in it, and make war and violence on everyone (including each other) around them constantly. There is no peace, and there is no love, except for that wishful thinking in those who pretend there to be.

For starters it takes more than a religion to change a mans emotions. You don't have to be a Muslim to mistreat women and anger leads to violence.

There is no peace, and there is no love, except for that wishful thinking in those who pretend there to be.

I dated a Muslim girl, one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Do you actually think before posting?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Islam is the anti Bible, or that which opposes. It is not, nor was it ever part of the Bible. The Gospel of Barnabas was a forgery and a fake meant to sooth the Islamic hordes to the east in early Europe. The Bible is about how to live life, and how to love. The Quran is about how you must die, and how to hate everyone who is not a muslim.

Another fool posting, Yes I'm ready for my 500 point reduction. Surely any man of intelligence would have responded to your post in the same manner. It is evident you are misinformed and have not bothered reading anything other than the bible.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

The references were in the quotes at the end of the OP buddy. And there's many more just like them.

If we were to get onto what the Koran says about women, well, that's another thread entirely.

And what about paedophilia? Did you know that Mohammed had a child bride, and that he had intercourse with her when she was nine years old and he was fifty-one years old?

I'm sorry, but too many people are prepared to accept the rhetoric of 'religion of peace' in favour of looking to the original text, and the context within which it was delivered, to see what was actually promoted by the 'angel' who revealed Islam to Mohammed.

Don't forget, I don't consider any Muslim to be an enemy - unless they have taken the Koran fully literally and are in a state of Jihad against the rest of us. In which case, yes, they are called enemies, and rightly so - for they oppose every freedom that the Western world has strived to attain. Though of course, many of our present rulers seem to be in submission to the same dark power that originally deceived Mohammed, only difference being that His Infernal Eminence wears a different mask according to the game he is engaged in at each moment of interference with Mankind.

Laying my cards fully on the table, I consider the religion of Islam to be a deceptive master-work of the arch-enemy of God (AND Mankind), designed to promote worldwide misinterpretation of the nature of the original revelation to Jews, and the plan of God which was fullfilled in Christ. There are some very revealing passages in the Koran which overtly call the gospel of Christ into question - nay, they outright condemn Christianity as a heresy, and the manner in which they do so makes one question the existence of an agenda against Christ..

When you compare and contrast the teachings of Christ and the teachings of Mohammed, it makes you wonder why God (if, as we are consistently told, it is the same God over both religions) would feel the need to send Christ in the first place, if he was only to change his mind and lose all interest in grace, mercy and forgiveness through the atoning sacrifice at Calvary, instead replacing Christ with Mohammed, who carried a message full of hatred and intolerance.

On such reflection, it would seem that Islam could well be the work of a spiritual power totally opposed to Christ. In the gospels, we are taught that Christ opposed the activities of the 'prince of this world', known as Satan. It would come as no surprise to learn that the usurper prince himself might try to usurp the revealed truth of Christ, by spawning a false religion. Appearing as an 'angel of light' - to someone who certainly did not embody any qualities of holiness, as holiness is understood according to common sense.

Islam is also designed - yes, designed - to perpetrate warmongering and brutal subjection of any who will not submit to its rulership. It is a life-system, with global political objectives, and does not promote peace when taken literally.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Have you read the Koran?

Why do you consider a man a fool for stating that the Koran is not supposed to be part of the Bible? That is a simple fact...

I don't quite understand the motivation of the poster to whom you were replying, but I sure as heck don't understand your motivation either.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why do you consider a man a fool for stating that the Koran is not supposed to be part of the Bible? That is a simple fact...

Of course I have and I see not much difference between both books, in fact it has been claimed that the Qur'an is based on the Bible or I am once again wrong. My motive is to deny ignorance, Let the poster defend him/herself.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Islam in its literal, unadulterated form is a type of mind-control. It can and does change man's behaviour. Your argument is BS, because we all know that a man can make his own error and sin whichever belief system he adopts. Stop changing the subject.

What we are talking about is a corporate, willful teaching of MASSES of humanity, that certain things are acceptable, including paedophilia and multiple marriage, beating and subjection of women, a constant state of war against those who disagree with you, etc, etc.

The girl you dated will have been from an extremely moderate Islamic background, or else her brothers/ father/ uncles would have had you dragged behind a car for polluting her with your infidel blasphemies and adulterous inclinations. That is no understatement.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So you've only met nice muslims. I guess you mean that you've met them in your country, which I assume is a westernised country and those muslims you have met have decided to live there. Probably because they don't want to be too extreme or at least want some change in their lives.
Do you know any hardcore muslims who wouldn't want to be your friend because they would rather see you dead?
Of course not.
It is lovely to read that you go by whom you've met but seem to be completely unawares of the multitude of atrocities committed by extreme muslim men all around the world.

As I said, I know muslims. All were university educated and none [AFAIK] has killed anyone. But I have also heard stories that would bend your bones.

One muslim friend was literally hunted by others because of his 'normal' lifestyle, because he had girls as friends etc. He feared for his life and had been cornered and beaten to a pulp a couple of times. He went to the police with death threats left on his phone but they couldn't really do anything. I lost contact with him and have no idea what happened.

I have worked with a muslim who was very against anything western really and I don;t know why he lived here in the first place, we only communicated work related stuff but I could tell he didn't like me very much.

I had a muslim friend who was female and who was married off to someone she had never seen before [he was a head shorter than her]. She really tried to make a go of it, lovely house, children planned etc but she once confessed that he was quite nasty to her and she didn't know if she could live with him forever but was afraid to say anything. I saw a beautiful happy girl turn into a depressed shell of herself in a few months.

My Cameroonian friend knows of people who have been killed by muslim men and she is extremely scared of them in her country, she calls the 'crazy and able to do anything''. Fortunately she lives here in the UK but the stories do not go away.

So all in all, whilst I was able to communicate with muslims OK, I have found myself unconvinced of the 'niceness and the peacefulness' of this religion. Add to this what we can see with our own eyes [burkha clad ghost women carrying shopping bags behind their small willied men, so called honour killings and just walking through SE London which resembles the middle east] blows your rose tinted view of this belief system.

I was once insulted by men in a makeshift mosque next door. Our cat was hiding in their garden and wouldn't come out, so I rang the bell and asked if I could go and get our cat.
You should have seen what happened next. I was a woman and I had rang their bell, there was a sign saying "no woman" [which I thought meant no women inside the house]. I was told to go away [shooed away] and "no women", then the door was slammed shut in my face.
This was in Brighton UK!

And I would like to repeat this all important question:
Why do none of the moderate muslims act against their mad extremist brothers if they are so against it?
Three possible answers:
1. They are not allowed and would be in trouble - which then confirms islam's dangrousness
2. They don't care - even if they say so.
3. They agree deep down but don't want part of the whole thing. They just silently agree.

None of these answers makes me happy.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Threads like this one is just elementary propaganda, that perpetuates fear and hate.

Ok, so you're saying Islam is a problem.
There is more than a billion Muslims and the number is just increasing.

What is your solution ?
Kill all Muslims ?

or

Stop spreading lies that the media brainwashes you with ?
Try to understand "Islam" and maybe even meet some Muslims and why not,
maybe even become friend with a Muslim?

We have no choice to learn to live together, we are all the same,
don't you freakin get that ?

Tolerance.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You can put a gun in a mans hands but it takes much more than that to make him a killer. Whilst it may changed behavior to a certain extent, Character will remain. You're not going to become a blood craving fanatic after reading the Quran now are you?

The Bible is about how to live life, and how to love. The Quran is about how you must die, and how to hate everyone who is not a muslim.

I'm sorry but this line got me heated.

The girl you dated will have been from an extremely moderate Islamic background, or else her brothers/ father/ uncles would have had you dragged behind a car for polluting her with your infidel blasphemies and adulterous inclinations. That is no understatement.

Is that so? She comes from a very strict family and all they did was ask her to stop seeing me, no one threatened me and they couldn't care less what religion I was part of. I blame the whole incident on racism...sure enough Islam does not encourage that now does it?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Okay, well at least you are asking my opinion instead of claiming you already know. The Koran was the result of 'divine revelation' to Mohammed. He claimed that he was visited by the angel Gabriel over a period of 22 years, who dictated masses of material for him to record in memory, and which was later written down. It was not anything to do with Judaism or Christianity, though Mohammed had former contact with Jews when they jointly persecuted Christians, before the 'revelations' began.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

I live in Africa! surrounded by Muslims, Christians, Hindus and local beliefs. I've met over 200 Muslims, now can you please bring forth some new information other than what your Cameroonian friend has told you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm not here to fight with anyone just trying to have a peaceful conversation, do Muslims believe that Christians and Jews are also followers of the book and that the Bible and Torah were also sent down by God before the Quran?. Does the Quran also tell Muslims to consider Christians and Jews as fellow brothers?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Two things. Firstly, your interpretation of a strict Muslim family just means that they were religiously observant. They obviously did not follow the letter of the law in the Koran, or you would have been in line for some serious trouble. That said, it is a fair point that I was merely making assumptions.

Second point:

You can put a gun in a mans hands but it takes much more than that to make him a killer. Whilst it may changed behavior to a certain extent, Character will remain. You're not going to become a blood craving fanatic after reading the Quran now are you?

You have obviously not seen the Youtube video of a recent rally in Egypt, where Muslim Brotherhood campaigners were whipping the crowd into a frenzy, getting them ready for Martyrdom with threats to march on Jerusalem. There were a couple of threads about it. Mind control, brainwashing. It's all conditioned behaviour arising out of the bloodthirsty literature found in the Koran.

'Character' does not exist in certain spheres of Islamic society. Everyone is a conditioned slave of Islam. Everyone has roughly the same thoughts, and nobody is free to disagree. Mind control.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

i have a qur'an in front of me now and i have just gone to surah 9:27 and this is what it says
again will allah,after this turn (in mercy) to whom he will for allah is oft-forgiving ,most merciful

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join