It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft's tweaks to Skype could facilitate wiretapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Microsoft's tweaks to Skype could facilitate wiretapping

www.extremetech.com

Reportedly, Microsoft is re-engineering these supernodes to make it easier for law enforcement to monitor calls by allowing the supernodes to not only make the introduction but to actually route the voice data of the calls as well. In this way, the actual voice data would pass through the monitored servers and the call is no longer secure. It is essentially a man-in-the-middle attack, and it is made all the easier because Microsoft -– who owns Skype and knows the keys used for the service’s encryption -– is helping.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gmanetwork.com
www.techinvestornews.com
www.realcleartechnology.com

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So now Microsoft is jumping on board the internet monitoring bandwagon and monitoring Skype calls further reason why social networking sites like Facebook twitter and Skype are bad and should be avoided at all costs and just another thought why do they care who i talk to online its my buisness and mine alone

www.extremetech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I was pretty sure that people were saying this years ago when skype was first bought. I remember reading a really old story about people fearing their conversations could be recorded or something. I dunno.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hahahahahaha monitor me I don't care I still have a voice they will never shut my arse up lol unless they kill me.

We have stood silent, know is the time to show them who has the real power in the USA
edit on 25-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I pretty much assume that everything I say or do is known by the government at this point. I don't care though, I do what I want anyway. If enough people have that attitude, there is no way the government could do anything about it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The spooks were after the encryption algorithms for a long time so its hardly surprising that once MS got their hands on it that the alphabet soups would want some way to be able to tap into it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Why sure. Microsoft is in bed with The Powers That Be, the Military Industrial Complex, and always has been. I believe that was the whole purpose of a closed source operating system with a secret back door. Microsoft, of course, denies that there is any back door. But they would.
A few of my friends tried to get me to use Skype, but I told them I don't need a snoop program, I have a telephone, after all.

Microsoft helps police bypass security in Windows

Microsoft Windows Got Backdoors For NSA

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Already posted:

Skype Won't Say Whether It Can Eavesdrop on Your Conversations

Please use search before you post.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Most users interested in honest privacy have switched after MS bought this.. if you haven't.. this article gives the rational reasons to consider.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that law enforcement could backdoor/intercept through any legitimate service whether it's email/voice etc.

new topics

top topics

join