It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Birth of Osiris?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

The origins of Osiris, the AE god of rebirth/regeneration is shrouded in the dark veil of antiquity. No one truly knows who Osiris was or even if he actually existed at some time in the ancient past. And yet, somehow, by the end of the 5th dynasty, Osiris rose from relative obscurity to become one of ancient Egypt's most important gods and remained so for the remainder of ancient Egyptian history.

The few references we have about the Origins of Osiris have been passed down to us for thousands of years in the 'Pyramid Texts' and in the 'Myth of Osiris and Isis'. But where did it all begin and why was Osiris so revered by the ancient Egyptians of later times?

One of the few clues we have as to who (or what) Osiris actually was comes to us from the Pyramids Texts:

"This pyramid... is Osiris. This construction... is Osiris" - PT 1657

It seems then from the PTs that at the very beginning, Osiris was a pyramid, or perhaps a series of pyramids. We learn also from the 'Myth of Osiris and Isis' that the body of Osiris had been cut into 14 pieces (some version say 16 pieces) and scattered across Egypt. Could it be then that the first 16 pyramids that were built by the ancient Egyptians represented the 'body of Osiris' in a similar way that a modern Christian church might be described as the 'House of God' or the 'Body of Christ'?

If we then consider the locations of the first 16 or so pyramids the ancient Egyptians built might it in some way resemble the classic 'Body of Osiris' (see image 1 below) that we are so accustomed to seeing in ancient Egyptian art?

Image 1:

I will say right away that what I am about to present is something of a stretch but it is possible that such might be the case; that the first pyramids represent the 'body of Osiris' (well, the 'backbone' of Osiris).

Let us first of all consider the arrangement of the first 17 pyramids built by the ancient Egyptians. (I use 17 because 3 of these first pyramids were never completed which might perhaps explain why the 'Myth of Osiris and Isis' refers to 14 pieces of Osiris).

Image 2:

The image above shows the following pyramids constructed on the high plateaus along the Nile:

Djoser (Saqqara)
Sekhemkhet (Saqqara - Unfinished)
Khaba (Zawiyet al-Aryan - Unfinished)
Sneferu (Meidum - furthest south)
Sneferu (Dahshur - Bent)
Sneferu (Dahshur - Red)
Khufu (Giza)
Djedefre (Abu Rawash - furthest north)
Khafre (Giza)
Nebka (Zawiyet al-Aryan - Unfinished)
Menkaure (Giza)

In addition to the above, Mark Lehner lists in his 'The Complete Pyramids' the 6 satellite pyramids at Giza, giving a total of 17 pyramids.

Looking at image 2 above, there is little immediate correlation with the classic Osiris we see in image 1. If we look a bit closer, however, and apply our imagination in the same way astronomers do with star asterisms whereby all manner of creatures are conjured up, it is possible (with a stretch) to depict the 'bare bones' of an Osiris outline. Let us see:

Image 3:

Image 4

Image 5:

Image 6:

Image 7:

Image 8:

Image 9:

With each pyramid within the 'Body of Osiris' serving as a 'Recovery Vault' (securing seed - wheat, barley etc and other vital recovery goods - see the Recovery Vault Theory), it is little wonder then that later ancient Egyptians during the Festival of Khoiak would create small effigies of Osiris known as 'corn mummies' packed full with grain, perhaps in remembrance of the original purpose of the pyramids - the 'Body of Osiris' - as Recovery Vaults. Given that the 'seed of life' would come forth from 'the Body of Osiris' (the early, giant pyramids), it is easy to understand how Osiris, having secured the 'rebirth' of the kingdom would, in time, become venerated, leading ultimately to his status as a god and paving the way for the Osirian burials of later Egyptian kings.

Food for thought.........

SC

edit on 25/7/2012 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Indeed food for thought.

It astounds me how the precision, mystery and locations of all ancient monuments (including Egypt) can still dumbfound scientists globally today.

I believe there is far more under the surface, and were only just scratching at the surface just now! Begs the question - How much is kept secret?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is a 1 hour video that brings in information from all mystery religions and the occult on a date in 2012 for the return of Osiris/Apollyon

PHENOMENAL! TOM HORN ON THE LOST SYMBOL!

www.youtube.com...

This lecture could also be describing the anti-christ .. There seems to be no end of the connections of different cultures separated by 1000s of miles over 1000s of years ....peace

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey Op! Neat stuff....

Im going to take some time looking over it again but I wanted to give you a
for the nice work! :-)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Interesting post, i cannot say where Osiris come from, but from my personal research, then the gods of old have been repeated and recycled over the majority of the world

A few like the Abrahamic religions, have a completely different root (I do not see a single of the Abrahamic religions as natural religions, Never before them, did we have a monotheistic belief system) and are different to a larger degree.

But i can say that from my research then Isis is the evolution of the goddess Ishtar (Babylon) Inanna (Summarian).

Otherwise a very, very good thread, lost of research done.

S and F

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

so is it plausible to suggest that at some point in history, there was a pyramid the size of 14 pyramids combined? This is a fascinating story, and a much needed break from the usual "conspiratorial" subjects. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Interesting post, i cannot say where Osiris come from, but from my personal research, then the gods of old have been repeated and recycled over the majority of the world

A few like the Abrahamic religions, have a completely different root (I do not see a single of the Abrahamic religions as natural religions, Never before them, did we have a monotheistic belief system) and are different to a larger degree.

But i can say that from my research then Isis is the evolution of the goddess Ishtar (Babylon) Inanna (Summarian).

Otherwise a very, very good thread, lost of research done.

S and F

Namaste.

Your research is sound. I will add one layer to the equation.

Ishtar (Babylon)- Easter (Canaan)- Isis (Egypt)- Semiremis (Bible)
Baal (Babylon) - Tammutz (Canaan) - Osiris (Egypt) - Nimrod (Bible)

The religious system established by Cush, Nimrod and Semiremis at the founding of Babel would serve as the template that formulated all the ancients gods in the verias cultures. It was the destruction of the Tower of Babel and the confounding of language which gave rise to the different interpretations of the mythos.

If one wants to know who these gods were while living on Earth their story is recorded and the Bible gives them the names Nimrod and Semiremis.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Wow, thank you, i never would have connected Ishtar to Semiramis, but yes, no doubt its the same entity (lets keep it at that
).

I think however, i may have found another name used for her in the biblical times:

Sofia the agnostic goddess of knowledge.

and i may even have found another link to a deity being openly worshiped today.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe being that they describe osiris as the pyramids and the pyramids are in the shape of orion maybe the orion constellation was called the osiris constellation in ancient egypt

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The way they imply Osiris "is the pyramid", I relate that with someone now a days saying that "god is the water" or the world around us.

perhaps they were implying the greatness of the pyramid was attributed to Osiris, not that the pyramids themselves were.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I think Osiris might of actually been a real person that was later deified after his death, similar to Imhotep.

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus during 60 BC made this statement:

"They [the Ethiopians] say also that the Egyptians are colonists sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris ["King of Kings and God of Gods"] having been the leader of the colony . . . they add that the Egyptians have received from them, as from authors and their ancestors, the greater part of their laws."

How much of this is truth, I'm not exactly sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was trying to get your finding to corspond to the chakra system since it is the best system I know for explaining the bodys spiritual energy and does give you christ conciousness/gnosis if you are lucky (or maybe not).

To get this to work I have to make the top thing as the crown. Then it points to pinal gland I guess? That is the third eye phycic chakra that makes your forehead itch. Or maybe it can be the amagydala that can give you a total opened crown chakra if you have a complete fear amagydala overload. I know to little of the brain to know exactly what it is supposed to represent.

Then we have the throat chakra. The next 2 chakras are heart and solarplexus but I do not get what chakra makes the energy flow to the hands so I am unsure what it is supposed to represent.

Then we have the The Sacral Chakra that fit with your picture but there is no root chakra. But it goes directly to the heel/ground.

Maybe I am way off are trying to make it fit to how the body seem to work from my point of view. Ignore my post if I am way of.
edit on 25-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

In The Revelation Osiris who is called Abaddon in Hebrew and Apollyon by the Greek's...
...is referred to as the 'king of the bottomless pit' (see Revelation 9:11)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think the connection made in the op is solid. But I wouldnt go far as to say that that is the origin of osiris. Egyptians jncorporated gods teachings and knowledge into their construction and art. This seems to be no different.

the concept of osiris was translated into architecture after it had been created defined etc. Not that the concept of osiris arose after the building of these pyramids.
edit on 25-7-2012 by adept333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

i was thinking the same exact thing!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Isis was called the "Black One" because of her association with fate and the mysteries of death. The ancient name for Egypt was "Kemi," which translates "Black Earth." The Arabs called Egypt "Al-Kemi" and the ancient art of alchemy practiced in the ancient Near East and medieval Europe was probably derived from this name. Carl Jung describes the blackness of Isis and in this passage, relates her identity to Sophia: The cognomen of Isis was . . .the Black One. Apuleius stresses the blackness of her robe . . . and since ancient times she was reputed to possess the elixir of life as well as being adept in sundry magical arts. She was also called the Old One, and she was rated a pupil of Hermes, or even his daughter. She appears as a teacher of alchemy . . . She signifies earth, according to Firmicus Maternus, and was equated with Sophia . . . She is . . . the vessel and the matter of good and evil. She is the moon . . ."the One, who art All." (Carl Jung, Collected Works Vol.14, 14-15) The wisdom of Isis contains the creator god in the sense that the gods come into power, wane, and die. Isis is the knowledge that the god doesn't know: that his source is his own people and ancestors that projected him into existence as the symbol of the creative power of life. Without the life of nature that flows as the life force within the individuals of his kingdom, he would not be. When he loses power, the Queen of life has to remind him whom he serves and from whence he derives his power: the human, natural world. Isis' wisdom is natural magic. She performs her tricks much like a shaman or witch doctor, who heal but also concoct poisons. Isis makes the poison and she holds the cure.

some great reading here....

Nice thread Op and I can see what you are getting at, also another poster mentioned trying to line them up with chakras, that was my first thought too....

I hope she still remembers the cure x

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Nice thread Op and I can see what you are getting at, also another poster mentioned trying to line them up with chakras, that was my first thought too....

I hope she still remembers the cure x

We all choose whether we are part of the cure of part of the poison. I am unfortunatly a little egocorrupted still and caught up in duality sometimes. But it is hard not to be when your body is in the realm called in between.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for all your comments.

It seems that, even from the very earliest times, the early pyramids were regarded as the 'dismembered body parts' of Osiris as described in the 'Myth of Osiris and Isis'.

"The traditional result of Osiris's dismemberment [into 14 parts] is that there are many so‑called tombs of Osiris in Egypt; for Isis held a funeral for each part when she had found it ... all of them called the tomb of Osiris." - from Frank Cole Babbit's translation of Plutarch's "Isis and Osiris"

Regards,

SC

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
put him beneath your feet.stare at the sun.feel the earth. listen to the ringing in your ears. chew your lip or bite your tongue. makes no matter to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Interesting post, i cannot say where Osiris come from.

If you must know I come from Stuart, Florida.

Seriously though, this is certainly an original concept concerning Osiris, and I think that there might be something to it. I'm going to do some research on my own before I comment further. Either way, great thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join