It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Olympic Song Lyrics - It Just Gets Even More Conspiratorial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Have you read the lyrics to the Official London 2012 Olympics?

If not, they are posted below.

Race, life's a race
And I'm gonna win
Yes, I'm gonna win
And I light the fuse
And I'll never lose
And I choose to survive

Whatever it takes
You won't pull ahead
I'll keep up the pace
And I reveal my strength
To the whole human race
Yes, I am prepared

To stay alive
And I won't forgive
Vengeance is mine

And I won't give in
Because I choose to thrive

Yeah we're gonna win !

Race, it's a race
And I'm gonna win
Yes, I'm gonna win
And will I light the fuse
I'll never lose
And I choose to survive

Whatever it takes
You won't pull ahead
'Cause I'll keep up the pace
And I reveal my strength
To the whole human race

Yes, I'm gonna win !

Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight !
Win ! Win ! Win ! Win !

Yes, I'm gonna win !

The song talks about lighting a fuse. Revealing strength to the entire human race and about being prepared to stay alive.

What fuse?
Prepared to stay alive because of what?
Revealing strength to the entire human race, is this meant metaphorically, are TPTB going to reveal their strength through a FF?

Not all athletes need strength, most in fact need endurance and stamina.

With all the other symbolism going around, why should the symbolism be left to just images and physical creations i.e. buildings, lights etc.

Another piece to this very "coincidental" series of jigsaw pieces

Lyrics
Officially Recognised With Sample
edit on 25/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Fuse = Olympic tourch.
Staying alive = Not giving up, even when you feel you can't do any more (the wall for endurance athelets, determination for others)
Revealing stregnth of the entire human race = Showing ourselfs the athletic ability of the human body

Also, Isn't it Muse that are doing the Olympic song? They are into their conspiracies themselves, infact they canceled a gig before because the front man Matt Bellemy was convinced that the world was going to end by an asteroid (I bet he went on ATS the night before the gig
)
edit on 25-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Its not the highlighted bits that stand out to me, but:

And I won't forgive
Vengeance is mine

I would say that these 2 verses are not very sporting!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You didn't embolden "And I won't forgive, Vengeance is mine." Which in my opinion are the only really weird lyrics.

EDIT: And after reading the thread I see others agree.
edit on 25-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

Its not the highlighted bits that stand out to me, but:

And I won't forgive
Vengeance is mine

I would say that these 2 verses are not very sporting!

Fits right in with the olympics then, they aren't about sport, they are about lining the pockets of huge corporations and a select few insidious creeps.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

They really cancelled a gig because of that? I hope they didn't tell their fans that. If it's true, that guy is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yea they did
I heard it on Nevermind The Buzzcocks before. I'll go and find a link from somewhere or the clip.

Sorry, wasn't a gig, it was a whole day of interviews.

davidtennantshair.tumblr.com... 15808/muses-matt-bellamy-once-cancelled-a-whole-day-of

“Muse’s Matt Bellamy once cancelled a whole day of interviews because he said an asteroid was going to hit the earth. Not the first time he’s tried to pull that stunt. He once claimed the world was going to go supernova and burst into a ball of fiery destruction just to get out of PE. Matt Bellamy has been plagued recently by a flurry of letters from fans claiming they would commit suicide unless he sleeps with them. BARROWMAN!!”

By the way, it IS a comedy quiz program, but they don't make things up.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You think Muse, the crazy conspiracy theorists they are, decided to let us know the secret Olympic Agenda through song?

The whole idea about "Revealing Strength" is just for lyrical uses more than anything. To help Rhythm and all that, considering Endurance and Stamina don't really fit in so well lyrically.

To the whole human race. That's obvious isn't it? The Olympics will be watched worldwide. So instead of singing "Reveal my strength, to the majority of people watching around the world" he decided to put to the whole human race, just makes things more theatrical.

We all know Muse love making things OTT in all.

Oh, I find it funny you didn't emphasis "I choose to survive, whatever it takes" considering that would imply more, surely.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was going to em-bold that section but it was the whole, fuse - prepared - alive - entire human race parts that stuck out to me, especially with all the talk of a FF.

I understand that it can mean about performance, global audience, athleticism etc but i find the word choices very bemusing. There are plenty of other words out there to chose from.

"be prepared to stay alive because the fuse will be lit that will be shown to the entire human race, i wont forgive vengeance is mine"

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
To be honest, it just reads like the lyrics from any of their other crappy songs. Honestly, we made some of the greatest musicians in the history of mankind, and the best they can find is sh!tty muse? What a joke.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MartyrCollect

So the fact that they are conspiratorial in nature means they wouldn't try to get info out in their songs?

That makes no sense, i would be of the opinion that the more conspiratorial you were, the more likely you would be to implant hidden messages without blurting it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Yes exactly...why did they choose Muse? There are hundreds of far more globally popular and successful bands out there to select from who would be honored to sing at the OC of the Olympics.

Is it because of their links with conspiracies?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Because muse are a pretty big band in the UK, and have won many awards for best live act and best british band. They've even ran a council for a day

BBC News

The rock band Muse have been invited to help run their Devon hometown's council for a day. Teignbridge District Council Leader Jeremy Christophers said he met the trio, who come from Teignmouth, after they carried the Olympic torch in the area in May. Mr Christophers said the scheme was in the planning stage but the "invitation had been well received" by the band. Muse has not publicly commented on the offer. Mr Christophers said: "We've got some arrangements to make between now and when it happens." A council spokesman said it had not yet decided what the trio would do for the day. Mr Christophers said: "The band's new album is centred around energy depletion on the planet and I'm really hopeful that we can do some work with younger people about this. I'm hugely excited by the prospect."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Yes exactly...why did they choose Muse? There are hundreds of far more globally popular and successful bands out there to select from who would be honored to sing at the OC of the Olympics.

Is it because of their links with conspiracies?

Interesting theory. I'll have a look at some of their lyrics and see what they have written in the past

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
To be honest, it just reads like the lyrics from any of their other crappy songs. Honestly, we made some of the greatest musicians in the history of mankind, and the best they can find is sh!tty muse? What a joke.

Thats funny, you might not enjoy ther music, but 'sh!tty muse', realy? Now that was a joke.

Other than popularity and acomplishment, it is strange that muse have done it though.
edit on 25/7/12 by no1dea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Race, life's a race
And I'm gonna win
Yes, I'm gonna win
And I light the fuse
And I'll never lose
And I choose to survive

Lyrics
Officially Recognised With Sample
edit on 25/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

Crikey. Not one of Muse's best if it is theirs.

Bloody awful drivel. Reads like an angsty, self obsessed, pubescent girl wrote it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by lazernation because: lkjdnf

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

reply to post by MartyrCollect

So the fact that they are conspiratorial in nature means they wouldn't try to get info out in their songs?

That makes no sense, i would be of the opinion that the more conspiratorial you were, the more likely you would be to implant hidden messages without blurting it out.

They're more about the theatrics of conspiracy than they are genuine conspiracy theorists.

I doubt heavily that:

1) Muse know anything about a secret Olympic Agenda more then we do.

2) Their song would’ve been picked if the promoters thought Muse were trying to warn people about said event.

I'm glad they picked Muse though. No band is more OTT and dramatic than they are, and that's exactly what you want for this event. Plus, it's nice to see musically talented people get the main spot over other acts they could've opted for. They'll put on a stunning show for us when they perform, and that's what we want when the whole world is watching GB.

There's no conspiracy here. Just an awesome band doing what they do best, being OTT Theatrical. Just listen to any of their albums (Absolution onwards) to see that this is nothing new in the Muse world.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You didn't embolden "And I won't forgive, Vengeance is mine." Which in my opinion are the only really weird lyrics.

EDIT: And after reading the thread I see others agree.
edit on 25-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I agree. Is it possible though people read into this stuff too much??

-Bet this song sounds like S**T

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1dea

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Thats funny, you might not enjoy ther music, but 'sh!tty muse', realy? Now that was a joke.

Other than popularity and acomplishment, it is strange that muse have done it though.
edit on 25/7/12 by no1dea because: (no reason given)

Was it now? Care to enlighten me on your well thought out repose, no doubt based on fact and not pointless opinion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join