It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic NEVER actually sunk................

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Titanic was built in Belfast from scratch and launched.How someone switched massive ocean liners is beyond me.I'm guessing there are members here whose old relatives worked on it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
one toilet window extra was all that could be seen on the outside of the two ships to be the difference .one major thing i noticed in the story was the ship waiting with thousands of blankets & towels nearby ?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Okay look at these pictures of the TITANIC... THEN READ WHAT I SAY BELOW....

OKAY.... all these photos are of the Olympic NOT the titanic. They were identical ships. It wouldn't have been hard to swap the two and do some kind of insurance scam and sink the ship that had the damage on it.

edit on 25-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The Titanic was built in Belfast from scratch and launched.How someone switched massive ocean liners is beyond me.I'm guessing there are members here whose old relatives worked on it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

That would be easy as cake. Start by putting some metal around and on top of the damaged area of the Olympic so that it looks concealed. Just take the two out into the ocean on a sea trial. Then have them come back and have them harbor at random locations contantly moving them around so people watching get confused. Then late at night have some people swap out all the name plates between the two. Then have them anchor again at random places by there normal docking place so people again get more confused. Then dock them but they are switched. An amauture magician could easily do this. Now you load up the Olypic with all kinds of plates and items that say "Titanic" on them. So then when it sinks one day when it's looked at it will have titanic memorabilia on it. And you don't rely on some iceburg to sink it. You plant bombs on each of those hulls so that it's guaranteed to sink. Now you run it into even a small piece of ice and you get those bombs to go off. So the Olympic sinks and you tell everyone it was the titanic.

I think when they did this they realized that big insurance scams are a way for them to make obscene profits. So from there there has been tons of these similar things done by big companies including 9/11

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Uh no the titanic is NOT exactly like the Olympic. Again. Check out two pictures of the ships side by side. Look at the rear area of the Promenade deck. They are different. The windows are different, the railing is different. Two different ships. Now go look at the last photo of the titanic sailing off and check out which promenade deck it is. It's the titanics.

THe titanic and her other sister ship the brittanic are the same. Maybe they could have switched those two ships but not the olympic and the titanic. But then again don't think the brittanic was commissioned by the time Titanic left port.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They could have just sunk the Titanic for the insurance money and used some of it to patch up the Olympic.

Besides, it would be very hard and not to mention expensive (got to shut up with money those thousands of dockworkers and sailors who KNOW something is up) to switch the two ships.

However, if the Olympic really ended up being the Titanic, then that would mean that it was really the Titanic that rammed a Nazi U-boat to death in WWII. Which is kind of badass

edit on 25-7-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

That's why magicians use twins. They just have to look alike. Only a trained eye would be able to look and think "wait something is wrong here". So you pull the ship up to the dock and the people have like 3 hrs to load up. That's not a lot of time for people with trained eyes to be able to carefully pick up on the concept that it might be a different ship that people were boarding. And even if you had someone who might realize that it wasn't the right ship then you still got problems for that to come out. If they make accusations that they can't prove they risk being sued. If someone figures it out, they report it to a superior, that person might then be told that there info was taken into account and that others were looking into it. Only to have those inquiry's never fully surface. I mean you got 3 hours of time to prove a case that something is wrong. Then the ship is gone. And people were way more wholesome and trusting back then. They never questioned authority in the least. If your country told you they needed you to be cannon fauter in a war you'd gladly be the first in line. It was that kind of trusting mentality. Also back then probably very little checks and balances to have to overcome.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i understand what you are saying however the olympic and the titanic were different looking ships. Yes they were sister ships but again look at the rear section of the promenade decks the superstructure is very different. In ways that wouldn't make it possible to do switcheroo.

The brittanic and the titanic were the two ships that could have been confused. But I'm not sure the brittanic was commissioned or even commissionable at the time of the titanics launch.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What is your source for this story and for the article that you quote?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

That Part is true. The book with the ship called "Titan" that sank is true for sure...I have seen it written about and the parallels to the Titanic many times. The rest of the story about the Titanic not being the ship that sank...I don't think so.
edit on 25-7-2012 by kurthall because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HypodermicNeedle

There's tons of sources. This is a widely talked about conspiracy theory. Google it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Your not thinking about this right. Your coming from someone who knows there ships, who knows the event, who's compared the photos etc etc. That's not how everyone was thinking back then. Back then they were niave, uneducated, went along with just about anything. A lot of people couldn't even read and write. Yes you can see the difference. But most people especially back then couldn't. And if they only saw the ship from the side there not gonna see the back area.

Also another thing all they were told is one thing "your boarding the titanic". No one has seen the back of the real titanic except for a few ship mates and workers. So they get on board and they might think "oh okay it's built almost like the Olympic". They wouldn't know that the back was suppose to be different as they have nothing to compare it to. They're hardly any chance they'd be able to tell unless it was like an engineer or ship worker who actually built the Titanic and knew percisely what it looked like, and then just so happen to be also a passenger on the ship. So they get back there and they think "hmmmmm somethings not right here????" But what's the odds of that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Also there's some story about how 3 very powerful and influential dudes were suckered into getting on the maiden voyage as an assassination plought. This is all I heard during the radio broadcast but I can't find any info on it. The goal was to eliminate these 3 powerful people who were threatening Starline and or JP Morgans business empire.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
WHile I'm open to conspiracies regarding the sinking of the Titanic. I can easily tell from photos of the Titanic on it's maiden voyage as it's leaving port with the passengers on board that it is indeed the titanic.

The rear area of the promenade deck is different from the olympic. Look at the side of the boat. The Promenade deck is the first one below the funnels and top deck (whatever that would be called) It has large square windows and is semi covered big and white. THe olympics promenade deck is exposed or open the entire way through. THe titanic is semi covered (I guess to mitigate wind for the passengers strolling on the promenade) through about 2/3 of it's promenade deck. THe two ships look distinctively different.

THe modifications to switch the two boats would take a lot of construction two switch around the two superstructures.

THe boat leaving port has the titanics promenade the wreckage has titanics promenade. The titanic promenade design was used again on the Brittanic (3rd ship in the series) But not the olympic.

You wouldn't have to see the stern of the ship to notice the difference you could easily see the difference betweenthe two ships from several blocks away.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
WHile I'm open to conspiracies regarding the sinking of the Titanic. I can easily tell from photos of the Titanic on it's maiden voyage as it's leaving port with the passengers on board that it is indeed the titanic.

The rear area of the promenade deck is different from the olympic. Look at the side of the boat. The Promenade deck is the first one below the funnels and top deck (whatever that would be called) It has large square windows and is semi covered big and white. THe olympics promenade deck is exposed or open the entire way through. THe titanic is semi covered (I guess to mitigate wind for the passengers strolling on the promenade) through about 2/3 of it's promenade deck. THe two ships look distinctively different.

THe modifications to switch the two boats would take a lot of construction two switch around the two superstructures.

THe boat leaving port has the titanics promenade the wreckage has titanics promenade. The titanic promenade design was used again on the Brittanic (3rd ship in the series) But not the olympic.

You wouldn't have to see the stern of the ship to notice the difference you could easily see the difference betweenthe two ships from several blocks away.

Look, your not listening or something.....

If you never saw the titanic EVER, and someone pulls up with a ship that says "The Titanic". You would simply thing "This is the titanic". That's the whole point.

It's like this. There at the ship yard right, which is mile away from very many peering eyeballs. They switch the names. Then they sail the Titanic (which is actually the Olympic) to the passenger docks to pick up the people.

99.999% of the people have never seen any other boat. They see this ship and that's it. They have nothing else to compare it to. They don't know. It's trickery. No one knew because they came from all over the country to finally arrive at this one dock. They see a big ship. It says "The Titanic" on the side. So to them it's the titanic.

So that's how they pulled it off.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Look, your not listening or something.....

Yes, you are not listening to something. He is not arguing about passengers knowing the difference. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt what both ships look like and their differences in appearance. That being said, the point is the pictures from the launch, WITH ALL PASSENGERS ON IT SAILING AWAY, indeed matches perfectly to the Titanic and not the Olympic. Unless they forced all those passengers onto another ship mid-voyage then there is no possibility for it to be the Olympic.

Please, explain to me how with, 100% photographic evidence, that we see the Titanic in the pictures with passengers on it sailing away. No switch was done prior, only leaving the option of a mid-voyage switch which you have made zero mention of.

Also, you completely ignored someones point about the thousands of workers who worked on the ships. To keep that many people under wraps or paid off would be a monumental task and even then someone would have came out about it through years. It's not just about a switch on passengers but so many different people, also i assume the boat was also inspected plenty as it was built and finished before it was sent to sea.

Lastly, what do you make of the all the Olympic's voyages, retirement, sold away, and ultimately scrapped. Certainly someone over those 20 years would have realized this was a different ship than the Titanic as they worked on and used the ship. Plus, even though they faced massive amounts of legal fines and all that for what they did, it actually was great PR for them as it just showed their so-called "unsinkable" nature. So, the damage to the ship wasn't all bad for the company.
edit on 26-7-2012 by deathlord because: added a point

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We have footage of it under the water.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah it's not about what the passengers knew. THere were still public blue prints, journalists who took photos of both ships and toured them before launch. Maritime enthusiasts who were very familiar with the two boats. THere were ship builders who would have known the difference. There were lots of people who knew back then the difference between the two ships.

It's clear you don't know the differences or you wouldn't have posted the photos of the "Titanic" that weren't even at a glance from my untrained eye obviously the titanic. AGAIN. Study the differences between the two promenade decks of the ships. Also what about the ornamentation and wooden inlay that is still inside the titanic. A lot of that woodwork and ornamentation were one of a kinds specific to each ship. THey have photos of that woodwork on the titanic installed months before the ship ever set sail from belfast, let a lone liverpool. The wreckage has photos of the same one of a kind artifacts and woodwork. It's not the olympic. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
an oldie but a goodie

just not true

fantastic article, please read

For interest, the Olympic as scrapped in the 1930s and many of her fittings wound up at auction, and can be found at places such as the White Swan hotel in Alnwick, and, until recently, the Crown Paint HQ in the North of England, The wood pannelling has the number "400" inscribed on the back - the Olympic's yard number (Titanic's was 401).

he details how the funnels could not have been moved in the middle of the night, the crane in the shipyard was too short

just not true

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seriously....if you have EVER had the pleasure of getting a vessel insured for commercial use....that story would not hold water (no pun intended).

The paint and name in a ship have very little to do with what and how a vessel is insured.

Different back then? I would suspect otherwise. Maritime insurance is one of the oldest businesses in record -- and today's insurance documents are often based (depending in carrier) on laws of the seas that are literally "as old as time".

To imagine anyone insuring either of those vessels without knowing exactly WHAT they are insuring and WHAT happened to them is simply unthinkable....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join