It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Recovery Hoax; As a journalist, I think that’s the biggest fraud of all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
USAwatchdog

I think many here on ATS use their mind and think unlike millions of sheeple that walk the streets here in the USA. While we look for truth and deny ignorance the rest of the world is lulled to sleep by a corporate pressittues as Gerald Celente calls them. Here is a great story from USAwatchdog.com where former MSM reporter, Greg Hunter, calls out his former MSM colleagues on their blatant misrepresentation of facts.

The data seems to be getting worse even with the government spin. Now, the Federal Reserve is strongly hinting at more stimulus (money printing). Last week, Fed Chief Ben Bernanke was publicly wondering if there is, “a sustained recovery going on in the labor market, or are we stuck in the mud?” I’ll go with the same thing the facts and honest reporting should have been saying all along, “stuck in the mud.” The economy is in real trouble, but you wouldn’t have known it from what you read or heard in the MSM. It’s all been a mainstream media recovery hoax. As a journalist, I think that’s the biggest fraud of all.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Same crap another day. I was desperately trying to save my 10yo business in the Spring of 2008 when the economy was essentially in free-fall. Both then President Bush and wannabe President McCain BOTH said theat the economy was 'fundamentally sound'. What BS. The top people at Enron said the same thing and ended up in jail. How was their statements any different. Many of us based critical business decisions on their representation. Either they (and all their advisors) were hopelessly out-of-touch or they lied. Either way I believe they purposely misled the public. Same thing going on now. Gives the 1% more time to maneuver.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

My small business has collapsed too but mine is probably due more to my big mouth than anything. I work on foreclosures and I often would tell my contractor, WTF?.... you want a bid back in 24 hours to pave a steep 1600 foot drive way?" ... I watch the trickle down chump change where multiply layers of contractors above you rake off 10-25 percent of the job doing admin work while the man who does the job gets screwed.

most people don't understand the fixed and variable costs associated within the business world and its impact on small businesses

today it is tough to be an independent contractor since most of the time the profits margins have been squeezed so thin that the only way to survive is using economies of scale.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The small businessman is a dying breed.
This current financial woe is the product of too many people who do nothing to support the GDP.
They produce zero value, and simply jump in the middle to suck up the grease while the small guy has to cut his profit expectations further back for every one of em.....
This goes for goverment too...they have consistently payed the civil service far too handsomely for their non productive attendance at their posts.
There seems to be a concerted action to impoverish the people and suck the wealth out of the economies of the entire world.
Since the end of the Napoeonic wars, the rothchids have strangled the fiscal scene with their tentacles reaching nearly everywhere in the business world.By now the goverments are truely working for these bankers.
Bought lock stock and barrel.
The Federal Reserve is the biggest drag upon the entire monetary situation in the US.
get rid of these vipers and we could recover to near pre crisis levels.....
Keep them and we will be penniless by the next half decade.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
without an honest and free press we as a nation will be lost. Since the rise of the corporations in the late 1800s after the Civil War the press has become part of the problem because they are a corporate entity..

the reign of "yellow press" continues unabated

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

They are all in a catch 22 situation. I believe that the only thing that they ca be blamed for is for not planing for general the collapse, and reverse policies that would mitigate the level of chaos that is coming.

They need to keep the populace happy and asleep, I would agree with this stance since the time to be transparent has long ago passed, facing reality now would only expedite and exponentiate the damage, we would get bank runs, famine and war. The continuing kicking of the can has not solved nothing and is only a delay tactic, and indication that they do not know what to do about the issues, there is a the lack of an exit strategy for all, if things continue as they are only the 1% will be positioned to ride the wave, but a wave to a dismal future. It is easier and less resource intensive to plan for only the well being of a minority of the population, but ultimately it is a mirage because the 99% will at a point revolt and behead the power structure, one needs only to look to history to see examples, for instance the French revolution...

These people are idiots to think they will be able to remain insulated from the troubles that they unleashed on the world.

new topics

top topics

join