It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality and YOU.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Good day ATS. I am here to propose a concept. I expect that in doing so, the pot is going to be stirred.

Regardless of your beliefs regarding 'How we got here', be it Divine Creation, Evolution, Aliens, or otherwise, one thing is for certain - YOU are reading this because a male (your biological father) and a female (your biological mother) interacted in one of many certain ways.

Sometime later, you appeared. Good for you.

Now, be it by the Hand of God, the Twist of Fate, or the Throbbing of Loins, 7 billion other people have come about in - I would speculate - exactly the same way.

It is no secret that there are a lot of humans. Overpopulation has been the elephant in the room for governments, media, and nations as a whole for some time now.

And let’s face it, sex is pretty great (unless you are asexual, then, well - each to their own).

What seems to spin a lot of people's caps, however, is with whom sex is undertaken with. 'When' is not a factor in this conversation. How is also to be left out. But, the output is to be very much the focal point.

I propose to you, that

Homosexuality is Nature's Population-Control

Think about it. Really, what is wrong with intimacy? Disease? Well, we have multiple answers to that one; both prevention (for all those who believe in condom use), and cure (antibiotics, and other medicinal remedies).

Another thing though. Typically when a male and female mate, there is thus produced another being... I don't have to spell it out.

I came across another thread (which has now closed, due to what appears to be a descent into a sh*tfight), where one member (who stressed their discomfort with homosexuality) stated along the lines of "Homosexuals are a dying breed, since they do not reproduce" [sic]. Self-proclaimed genius and self-righteousness aside, this is via observation, incorrect - how many straight parents have given life to a human that has turned out homosexual? I have no figures, only common sense; it happens.

Rant aside, MY sexuality aside, YOUR sexuality aside, my proposition is this; how is the acceptance of Homosexuality not the solution to a vast range of problems??

Ideal Heterosexual society: every member meets, mates, and breeds one or more offspring. Population is likely to climb, rather than dither.

Mixed Hetero/Homosexual society: Those members of the Homosexual orientation DO NOT reproduce. Homosexual beings will CONTINUE TO BE INTRODUCED. Population model would thus suggest plateau, or decline.
Also, this is also not to mention the prospect of responsible, eligible members of Homosexual partnership assisting in the upbringing of neglected youth.

As an OP, I doubt you will hear much more from me from here on in, in this thread. I've said what I would like. I am curious to see if there are any of you whom agree with this though.

inb4 'i h8 homos'.

-PLUR.

edit on 25-7-2012 by derpest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpest
I propose to you, that

Starvation by out eating your food, is nature's population control.

But really thats not it either because nature doesnt really have a population control because such a thing cannot evolve. There is no way to "pass on" the genes for not breeding to the next generation.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Interesting theory but homosexuality has been around for thousands of years.

Alexandra The Great was said to be gay

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by derpest

Dear derpest,

Your question is unfair to everyone, I usually like that; but, it is too unfair. You are saying that gays are a cure for a problem rather than people who honestly feel the way they do? They are people like you and me, people having preferences and making choices. Don't bother with that, "they are not making choices" answer. That is just silly, I might like women; but, I don't sleep with everyone I see nor even try to and neither do gays. They make choices and so do I and so do you. Homosexuality is okay or it is not (personally, I don't care), if it is okay then you don't need to justify it. If it is not then all the justification in the world will just be lies.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
this is an idea coming up more and more recently
and i have to admit there are certain attractions to it
if in no more respect than it makes a case that those against the GAY AGENDA cannot really criticise...

having said that, i don't like the idea that people in general
were 'designed' for anything more than pumping out more little naked monkeys..
the moment you start hypothesising about things like this
the subject of intention is sure to rise
i mean, the idea that regular heterosexual couples start suddenly producing more gay babies
as a totally subconscious reaction to population pressure
....doesn't it seem just too neat?
the funny thing about if it were true is how it directly implicates 'god'
yet it is traditionally the church who have the most trouble with homosexuality.

personally [and this may be selfish but i don't care, i feel i have deserved a little selfishiness in this case]
i like to believe that i am an abberation
started by my own unique, slightly skewed genetics
molded by my unique social experiences
and furthered by a will entirely my own, beholden to no mysterious 'gay switch' thrown by the Father who disowned me and all those like me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
if every marriage only had 2 or less children then overpopulation would not be a problem
most first world countries actually have negative population growth

gays obviously will decrease population growth
but I'm not sure by how much or if it will even have a relevant impact
I don't think gays were designed by mother nature to thwart overpopulation

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey man,
I'm not homosexual, but I've thought about getting together with some guys and living in a house for a while. It would be cool to have that companionship, people to game with and do hobbies with, I guess you could call me somewhat asexual, but I dunno, that just appeals to me more than raising a family right now. I don't really feel bad for not having kids, either.

Ha ha too bad I gave this website to one of the house-mates I'm going to move in with, he'll probably read this thread now.
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I am witnessing a vast human corruption in history.

I am just warning that there are other witnesses ,too.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

reply to post by derpest

Actually no it's not.....More and more homosexual couples are having kids, now homosexuality is widely accepted.

In the past you may have had a point, but that just isn't true now.

One of the biggest reasons we are overpopulated as a planet, is that our life expectancy has increased, and children in general survive childhood.

That is the power of modern medicine, better living conditions, more food to go around.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
I am witnessing a vast human corruption in history.

I am just warning that there are other witnesses ,too.

All right, you are going to be the last person I reply to on this 40-hour ATS spree because I'm finally getting way too tired to do this, but... what? Explain.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by derpest

I propose to you, that

I would say that you have fallen for a lie. Perpetuated by those with an agenda towards population control.

People have both a masculine and feminine side. These traits are accentuated by many factors. Both nature and nurture play their respective roles.

Chemical and hormonal processes during fetal development and also during puberty influence sexuality. As well as environmental, cultural and psychological factors.

These processes can be interfered with and influenced. Physically, by creating an imbalance in the developmental process, man-made chemical toxins in our environment known as Endocrine disruptors are affecting the population in ways we don't know yet. These kinds of chemicals are commonly found in pesticides and have severely contaminated drinking water supplies in many countries.

The second way that the sexual developmental process is influenced is psychologically. Pop culture and urban society is currently promoting homosexuality as being cool, normal, natural and anyone who opposes those views is demonized as being some kind of evil, homophobic bigot.

en.wikipedia.org...

Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with endocrine (or hormone system) in animals, including humans. These disruptions can cause cancerous tumors, birth defects, and other developmental disorders. Specifically, they are known to cause learning disabilities, severe attention deficit disorder, cognitive and brain development problems, deformations of the body (including limbs); sexual development problems, feminizing of males or masculine effects on females, etc. Any system in the body controlled by hormones, can be derailed by hormone disruptors.

The critical period of development for most organisms is between the transition from a fertilized egg, into a fully formed infant. As the cells begin to grow and differentiate, there are critical balances of hormones and protein changes that must occur. Therefore, a dose of disrupting chemicals can do substantial damage to a developing fetus (baby). The same dose may not significantly affect adult mothers

The end result is GMO and Pharmaceutical companies are being allowed to poison entire communities and people are then brainwashed into believing that these birth defects are somehow natural.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

woah
i was totally agreeing with everything you said, readying my little star-clicker and all
until after the quote you lost me with your conclusion...

we are all the product of interaction between our own masculine/feminine balance [if that is what you must call it] and the wider world, in all sorts of social and hormonal ways, tempered with our own subjective experiences....
all of us come to our own unique fully-realised self along the path
what makes any end result more valid than any other?
poisoned? brainwashed? birth defects?
my friend i may be an aberration and i am proud of that
but i'm not frankenstein's monster.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Please do not misinterpret my opinions by the use of the term birth defect. Nor should you take it personally in any way. As I stated there are many factors involved in human sexuality. I am not suggesting that homosexuality is a birth defect.

I am suggesting that some associations with human sexuality and gender identity may be chemically influenced and may be caused by environmental factors. Some of which may be purposefully induced on an unsuspecting population.

Many transgender people might call their condition a birth defect and it does not carry the same negative connotation you are inferring from my use of the term. Being born in the wrong body has been used to describe people who are transgender. I would argue that that can also be called a birth defect in some cases.

I don't assume to categorize, group or stereotype the entire LGBT community into one label. Each individual has their own reasons and personal history for why they are the way they are. I am only suggesting that some of those factors may not be so natural. They may in fact be intentionally induced by man-made pollutants.

Let me also add that these birth defects I'm speaking of are not limited to any one group or gender. Hetrosexual people are also being affected by these chemicals in many ways. Some of which are the cause of infertility in women and sterility in men. Look into the health effects of DDT, BPA , PBDE and PCB's

wikipedia

Routes of exposure

Food is a major mechanism by which people are exposed to pollutants. Diet is thought to account for up to 90% of a person's PCB and DDT body burden.[49] In a study of 32 different common food products from three grocery stores in Dallas, fish and other animal products were found to be contaminated with PBDE.[50] Since these compounds are fat soluble, it is likely they are accumulating from the environment in the fatty tissue of animals we eat. Some suspect fish consumption is a major source of many environmental contaminates. Indeed, both wild and farmed salmon from all over the world have been shown to contain a variety of man-made organic compounds.[51]

With the increase in household products containing pollutants and the decrease in the quality of building ventilation, indoor air has become a significant source of pollutant exposure.[52] Residents living in homes with wood floors treated in the 1960s with PCB-based wood finish have a much higher body burden than the general population.[53] A study of indoor house dust and dryer lint of 16 homes found high levels of all 22 different PBDE congeners tested for in all samples.[54] Recent studies suggest that contaminated house dust, not food, may be the major source of PBDE in our bodies.[55][56] One study estimated that ingestion of house dust accounts for up to 82% of our PBDE body burden.[57]

Research conducted by the Environmental Working Group found that 19 out of 20 children tested had levels of PBDE in their blood 3.5 times higher than the amount in their mothers' blood.[58] It has been shown that contaminated housedust is a primary source of lead in young children's bodies.[59] It may be that babies and toddlers ingest more contaminated housedust than the adults they live with, and therefore have much higher levels of pollutants in their systems.

The use of these and similar chemicals is so wide spread that it is nearly impossible to avoid. They can have very significant effects, even in small amounts of exposure, to children and cause even greater harm to unborn fetus'. They can alter body and brain chemistry and are known to interfere with sexual development.

edit on 25-7-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Population Control?

No...I dont think so, especially when it comes to humans because we have the power of choice.

I will look at this from the POV of a lesbian because I am one.

Its pretty easy for a lesbian to procreate and the urge to do so can be just as strong in us as in our "straight" sisters. And trust me when I say that where there is a will there is a way.

So yeah...I'm not buying the population control hypothesies.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting theories, but of course in real life things don't always work that well, and people don't live their entire lives in "ideals" or contained boxes.

Many gay people are in straight relationships for periods of their lives due to social pressures, others have children in gay relationships through some arrangement, and some straight people are infertile, choose not to procreate, or become celibate (join the clergy).

It's a bit one-sided to look at the gay minority only as population control.
Although some would argue that 9 billion of us is enough, and that population control is good, so that could mean we need more homosexuality.
Otherwise one should argue against straight contraception and family planning as a very first concern about population control, since those things are there specifically for that reason.

Whenever straight people talk about homosexuality and population control I like to ask them how many kids they have had.
Usually it's none to two (although it can vary for some religious groups).

I find that very hypocritical.
Why don't they stop worrying about gays and have more kids?
If population control is really an issue for them they should lead by example and constantly keep a woman pregnant.

I'd especially like to know why straight Anglo-Saxon Protestants have an aging and declining population.
In SA it's not uncommon for a young man to have fathered 5 children with different women by the time he graduates from college.
Why are straight WASP Americans not doing this, especially as their ability to procreate is the only "special" thing about them in relation to homosexuality (at least as they tend to see it)?

Why would you as a heterosexual male not procreate to at least a dozen kids from the age of puberty, as was once common?
The "population control" clearly lies with heterosexual choices and attitudes, and that blame cannot be shifted onto gays.

edit on 25-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I meant that homosexuality is not something new , it existed thousands of years ago , when the prophet Lut was told to stand against it. And there was an unhappy ending for them.

The power who saw it and made that happen , i,e the unhappy ending , can see the sins and make that unhappy ending happen again.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Well don't worry, I'll try not to get on your case for having faith or anything. I grew up in a religious family and went to a Catholic school, so I know a bit about it. Gays are definitely not used in the traditional family structure, but maybe there will be a "patch" for this during the second coming. That would make sense. A lot has changed since Biblical times, so a lot of the reasoning used at the time might not be accurate anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by mideast

Well don't worry, I'll try not to get on your case for having faith or anything. I grew up in a religious family and went to a Catholic school, so I know a bit about it. Gays are definitely not used in the traditional family structure, but maybe there will be a "patch" for this during the second coming. That would make sense. A lot has changed since Biblical times, so a lot of the reasoning used at the time might not be accurate anymore.

Even his first coming was telling people to avoid homosexuality.

+ Maybe his second coming expose the scientists who justify and don't get the way to solve the problem. Scientists are not always humanitarian and some times they neglect some facts and reveal others for their dark agendas.

I do believe in the causes that people prefer same sex.

Some of them involve lifestyle and some of them is induced by TV.

The sexual organs and the relationship is not given for playing. In fact , it will be given at the age when people are not kids and they can think for themselves.

So , there is a goal and hardship behind the pleasure. Like there is a goal behind the pleasure of eating.

The pleasure of eating is to make you move for getting the food you need for survival. And the pleasure of sexual intercourse is to bear the hardship of reproduction and ...

The whole problem arrived as soon as entertainment industry came into the play and induced people like "people , welcome to your play ground , choose your own entertainment and play until the day you die."

There are more dark agendas behind the entertainment industry , if you think for yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Actually no it's not.....More and more homosexual couples are having kids, now homosexuality is widely accepted.

It is NOT "widely accepted".

Don't presume the whole world would agree with your statement.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If you want a homosexual sexual relationship... fine, that is your business.

However, I like sex and I like women... WOMEN.

I work at a farm supply store visited by men all day... could not remember any except for the usual regular customers which have become friends.

However, I DO remember most of the women... even the older more mature women with white grey hair and tight jeans and riding boots and tank tops and...

Or all the younger women with firm "points of their own sitting way up high... way up firm and high." Love Bob Segar..

Nope... women for me... birth control means knowing when to pull out of the parking space before the radiator explodes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join