It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What do you mean by that?

UnBiblical means against or contrary to what the Bible declares.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, they say...
edit on 26-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

It's your soul man. Christianity isn't Islam, you can keep your head along with whatever belief you wish to.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's not contrary to what the bible says. It might be contrary to what the popular interpretation is but not the bible.

For Pete's sake, do you think Christianity was invented a decade ago? Have you ever cracked open a single Systematic Theology book?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You are incorrect, I quoted historical Christian teaching exactly. Do some homework b4 you reply.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No, it was invented 2,000 years ago, which is exactly why it is outdated and no longer needed.

Our knowledge of the universe has expanded tremendously in those 2,000 years. What I say is my interpretation of the bible, what you say is your interpretation.

My theory does not go against what the bible says in any way. None, zilch, nada, zero.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shogun12

Is that part about being separate from god for an 'eternity' located in the bible anywhere? If not, then those teachings were by man, not the bible.

Do your homework before replying, I have done mine.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No, it was invented 2,000 years ago, which is exactly why it is outdated and no longer needed.

Our knowledge of the universe has expanded tremendously in those 2,000 years. What I say is my interpretation of the bible, what you say is your interpretation.

My theory does not go against what the bible says in any way. None, zilch, nada, zero.

Then please source your verses in a systematic way that show it teaches about a Pantheistic god.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So you're afraid of losing your soul? This comment implies that because you expect us to fear losing our souls. That's how the teachings of religion (not the bible) have corrupted your ability to think critically, they use the fear of losing ones soul (going to hell) to conform you in the way that it wants you to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I may create a thread in the future where I do just that, but something like that takes time and I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it already has.

Something like that requires its own thread. I will make it in a few days time where I can plan it ahead of time. Is that fair?

ETA: I'm sure you will chalk it up as hogwash though and ignore the obvious when I present it to you.
edit on 26-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Is that part about being separate from god for an 'eternity' located in the bible anywhere? If not, then those teachings were by man, not the bible.

Do your homework before replying, I have done mine.

Now you're lying..

Matt. 10:28
Matt. 25:41
Matt. 25:46
2 Thess. 1:9
Rom. 2:6-8
Rev. 20:15

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I may create a thread in the future where I do just that, but something like that takes time and I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it already has.

Something like that requires its own thread. I will make it in a few days time where I can plan it ahead of time. Is that fair?

ETA: I'm sure you will chalk it up as hogwash though and ignore the obvious when I present it to you.

Sure.. i would look at any random Thesaurus definition and entry for Pantheism first.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The only one that comes close to eternal seperation from god is thessalonians 1:9, and even in that verse it separates everlasting and being shut out from the lord.

Thessalonians 1:9

They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.

It says nothing about being eternally shut out from the lord. Notice the 'and', that means everlasting destruction and being shut out from the lord are seperate, not the same.

I can see how you could interpret it that way though.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Pantheism is the belief that everything is god. I didn't even have to look that up.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Oh, a liar am I? Why don't you know if it's in the Bible? Since your homework is all done.

Troll

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It never states in the bible that those who go to hell will be separate from god for eternity. It says everlasting destruction, not everlasting separation.

ETA: I never called you a liar by the way, I don't know where you got that from.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

To make it easier on me, name any bible verse that states what god is and I will try to correlate that to the universe. It can be done believe it or not.

Whether you feel like doing that is your choice.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everlasting destruction is Biblical terminology for the opposite of eternal life. Those not enjoying eternal life have everlasting separation from the Lord. That's the horror of Hell, not the flames.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Destruction has no bearing on life as a whole.

Humans continuously cause the destruction of nature, yet we still live and life is still abundant.

It's all in how you interpret what it says, you prefer to interpret it as word for word fact, I prefer to interpret it as metaphors for natural things, with truth ingrained within these metaphors.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shogun12

Oh, a liar am I? Why don't you know if it's in the Bible? Since your homework is all done.

Troll

My "homework" is posted. I see absolutely none of yours. And personal attacks may anger you, I'm completely oblivious to them.. sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I think he was referring to your post while talking to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Destruction has no bearing on life as a whole.

Humans continuously cause the destruction of nature, yet we still live and life is still abundant.

It's all in how you interpret what it says, you prefer to interpret it as word for word fact, I prefer to interpret it as metaphors for natural things, with truth ingrained within these metaphors.

And allegorical interpretation is just a license to invent. Torture the text long enough and you can make it say whatever you like it to say. Are you familiar with the term "hermeneutics"?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join