It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

They won't get loose if you don't open the gate. As it so happens, sometimes the gate must be opened in order to truly settle the differences. And by settling differences, I mean either finding the truth together, or agreeing to disagree, whichever prevents war.

In any case, welcome back.

I guess we know the answer to the age old question... who let the dogs out?

This Guy!!

thanks for the return welcome... Me thinks i've been inspired to create another thead from the battles i've been reading

edit on 30-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Go for it. Never stop questioning life...it will show you either what works, or what doesn't work!

edit on 30-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry about that, it got kind of carried away for sure.

It's been like 20 pages of arguing actually.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Kinda of?

Heres part two...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hopefully it won't be a battle like this one turned into... though i have my doubts

edit on 30-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

. . . Heaven would be like earth, but without grief and pain, like a mellow, holy utopia.

"Would be" . . if, what? If people would quit making it hell?
Seeing how God is "so great", then it is not His fault, which leaves us as the cause.
edit on 30-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

You are incorrectly inferring what I am implying, which I am at fault for not being more descriptive.

I'm saying Heaven would be like earth in the sense of it containing all the type of stuff that makes the earth go round, except Heaven would be perfect: there would be no need for monetary gain and no one would want to harm others' well being for personal gain because there would be no bills to pay
. In a sense, Heaven would almost be communist, which when practiced on earth, leads to the exact opposite the idea proposes.

And you are right to a degree, as mankind is the cause of most of the pains of the world. The earth was a playground, but it has been so perverted that we have to pay to use the slide and swings. But, even so, in this day, God still makes His presence known, we just have to have open eyes to see it. For instance, you wake up 10 minutes later then when you usually wake up. You are late for work. You then hear on the radio that a huge accident happened on the route you take to go to work. Was that coincidence, or chance? Depends on what side of the fence you are on to really answer that.

Like I said before, people would be singing songs of glory and praise to Father constantly because they had the opportunity to look back upon their lives and see how God's hand at work both discreetly and in the open. People would finally fathom how deep Father's and Jesus Christ's love runs for us, and there would be no other thing to do but sing with all your soul and heart of thanks and appreciation.

And no problem Akragon... Somethings that I have noticed on this website and this forum is that we tend to debate about the details, which I am guilty of as you can remember when you and I first started talking on these forums, when the majority are looking for the same thing. It says a lot about the human nature, but it's a beautiful thing.
edit on 31-7-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You are incorrectly inferring what I am implying, which I am at fault for not being more descriptive.
Could it have something to do with your use of the word, would?

. . . people would be singing songs of glory and praise . . . People would finally fathom . . . and there would be no other thing to do but sing with all your soul and heart of thanks and appreciation.
"Would" . . if not for . . what?
I hope you are not thinking of some "event" that would change the paradigm.
I believe Jesus said something like 'Don't expect to see the kingdom by looking'.
Rather I think it is better, like you suggested, to see the 'hand of God' in an everyday sort of way.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just say the words out loud as they are;
I am the truth, I am the way and I am the life.
Then find out what 'I am' is.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The root of all evil is not love of money, but love of self.

This I firmly believe. If money could do nothing for us, we would not be interested, therefore, it's love of ourselves that drives evil. Love of what we enjoy, love of what we want, love of what interests us, and love of everything that makes us happy.

This also falls in line with my definition of evil: to serve the self at the expense of all others.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The part about the accident makes so much sense. God killed and injured others all so you could make it to work. That is a miracle!..... in your eyes, but in the eyes of the families that lost those loved ones in the crash, it is a tragedy.

Obviously if you believe god saved you, then he sacrificed those other peoples lives. How is that considered to be a miracle again? It's not, it's called chance. Why didn't god make those in the crash wake up 10 minutes later? What makes you think you are so important that god decided saved you, but not them?

You are looking through a very narrow window while ignoring everything else you do not want to see.
edit on 31-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Love thy neighbour as thyself.
Only when you have love for yourself will you know how to love (others).
edit on 31-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I am not an atheist, so I have no connection with Richard Dawkins so I had no reason to think you were insulting me.

What I have a problem with is you ignoring the fact that your god orders the killing of over 2 million people within the bible, but I guess you turn a blind eye to that fact huh?

I am a New Testament kind of fella in a New World... for the old world has passed away.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You may live in the new world but you still believe in a 2,000 year old propaganda piece. You are stuck in the same mindset that people had 1,000 years ago and even 1,500 years ago. Time to get with the times, religion is no longer needed, we understand the universe enough to know that it is all a fairytale used to oppress the masses.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

But that's just the issue. We don't understand the universe, so that's why people go to the Bible for answers.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Exactly, yet they claim that people who lived 2,000 years ago understood it better than we do now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You may live in the new world but you still believe in a 2,000 year old propaganda piece.
how do you know what I believe? does it really matter? ...I don't care what you believe personally and you should really have no concern in what I believe, specially if you are going to tell me or others what they believe inside is wrong. Do you want people to believe what you believe or something? What happened to the good ole days where people minded their own business and was not busy trying to convert others to their beliefs? or better yet try to get others to denounce what they believe and feel inside...

You are stuck in the same mindset that people had 1,000 years ago and even 1,500 years ago. Time to get with the times, religion is no longer needed, we understand the universe enough to know that it is all a fairytale used to oppress the masses.
as I have said... I'm am in a new world... what I believe is what I believe and actually none of your business... live and let live (that's called being the enlightened and educated soul you claim to be) in all actuality your kung-fu is quite weak

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But that's just the issue. We don't understand the universe, so that's why people go to the Bible for answers.

believe it or not science is a never ending quest to help better understand the words in the bible... Science and the scientific method was born of religious philosophy which predates the Greek.

actually the Bible and some other religious text do a better job at explaining the universe and its purpose to adults than science ever will and look how old most of them are lol.

science will never answer the "Why" there will always be a (why) in science...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
science will never answer the "Why" there will always be a (why) in science...

That's because modern science has relegated the "why" questions (well, most of them) to philosophy, and people who think that science can answer every question only do so because they don't understand that.

Moronic statements, like "science has proved that there is no God," only serve to display the ignorance of the speaker, demonstrating that they have no idea what science can and can't do.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No I don't care what you believe, but that doesn't mean I can't state why I believe what you believe is wrong.

Your bigoted statements on how Richard Dawkins is a mass murderer just because he doesn't believe in a god clearly shows what your stance is, and yes I do have a problem with you saying something like that. You can believe in a god all you want but once you start attacking someone else's character just because they don't believe what you believe, I have a problem with it.

Did you know that god kills over 2 million people throughout bible? He's by far the biggest mass murderer in history, but I guess you choose to ignore that fact.

So who's the mass murderer again? The guy who has never killed anyone, or the guy who has?
edit on 3-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I never said science has proven god doesn't exist. How can you prove a negative?

The reason I don't believe in your god anymore is because I have gained common sense, something Christianity discourages.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yeah, because we all know that scientists across the world have been laboring day and night just to prove the bible right.

You do realize that many scientists (if not most) do not believe what the bible says and are the farthest thing from Christian you can find, right? If they believed the bible, they'd already have all the answers.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join