It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, using the same logic most of the world is 'not muslim' or 'not hindu' or ' not buddhist'.

That's not Christ's context. He said He was the Way and most would reject that exclusive claim as truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So you're lumping all the other religions together and leaving the religion of christianity by itself? That is SO wrong and you know it. That's almost laughable.

Why is christianity so special to be separated from this clunk of everything else? Oh, because the bible says so. It makes so much sense now! /sarcasm

Don't get mad at me, I follow what Christ said. Take that anger out on Him. If you want to reject His statement then do that. He said He was the only path to the Father.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Okay... Like I said, I'm covered with wool. I'm literally a sheep.

Now that the validity of my thesis has been established, this should be a warning to readers that because you take something in the Bible literally, it does not mean that is necessarily the right way to interpret it, only that you could not understand it any other way.
edit on 28-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Good luck with your mission.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why would they use light instead of truth? Why would they use words that also describe the sun to describe Jesus? Maybe because the Jesus in the bible is the sun? I think so, you are just blind to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You are using circular logic here. Circular logic is the main effect when lacking critical thinking skills.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Where did you get the hint that I'm mad at you or Jesus? I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed that you could be so ignorant to what I am trying to say.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You are using circular logic here. Circular logic is the main effect when lacking critical thinking skills.

No, Christ made an exclusive statement of truth. And even by the most liberal estimations that statement is true to this day. The majority reject His exclusive truth statement. 33% is not a majority of anything.

edit on 28-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why would they use light instead of truth? Why would they use words that also describe the sun to describe Jesus? Maybe because the Jesus in the bible is the sun? I think so, you are just blind to it.

You'd think the disciples would notice that before they were consumed by the extreme heat..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Where did you get the hint that I'm mad at you or Jesus? I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed that you could be so ignorant to what I am trying to say.

No, I'm not buying your snake oil, there is a difference. You're trying to make what Jesus said something completely different than what He said. He is the Way. He said most would reject Him as that way. And lo and behold, most do reject Him as the Way.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

When every comeback you come up with deals with Jesus' context, no matter what I say, that is called circular logic, something religious folk are famous for.

I agree that everything he said is the truth, it just depends in what context you read it in. I have never stated that what Jesus taught was a lie, I have only stated that the context in which most people take it is wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think its incredible how you think religion is corrupt yet lack the ability to realize that the bible has been corrupted by those same people within the religion you despise.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dumb question, seeing nobody here is Jesus and nobody here is dead...... Idk y I'm even replying to this since i dont feel like giving an opinion...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No, I'm not buying your snake oil, there is a difference. You're trying to make what Jesus said something completely different than what He said. He is the Way. He said most would reject Him as that way. And lo and behold, most do reject Him as the Way.

Why must you automatically assume that I am selling 'snake oil'?

Who was the snake in the Garden of Eden? Satan/Lucifer. You automatically assume that somehow I am associated with satan just because what I say goes against what you have been taught or what you started to believe a decade ago.

You associate Satan with hell, and you are afraid to go to he'll, which is why you refuse to even try to understand. The fear of your soul going to hell overrides your ability to think reasonably and critically when talking on the subject.

There is no biblical hell that is waiting to torture you forever if you take what the bible says in another context.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why must you automatically assume that I am selling 'snake oil'?

Who was the snake in the Garden of Eden? Satan/Lucifer. You automatically assume that somehow I am associated with satan just because what I say goes against what you have been taught or what you started to believe a decade ago.

You associate Satan with hell, and you are afraid to go to he'll, which is why you refuse to even try to understand. The fear of your soul going to hell overrides your ability to think reasonably and critically when talking on the subject.

There is no biblical hell that is waiting to torture you forever if you take what the bible says in another context.

Ahhhhhh typical heathen....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Whatever dude, call me what you want, I am just stating what I believe to be true.

ETA: Didn't you just say you didn't feel like giving your opinion? That is a very mean thing to say so why not keep not giving your opinion?
edit on 28-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

. . . Because christianity (any religion for that matter) is actually the gate to destruction. It promotes the destruction of Earth because it teaches that there is something better after this life and that leads to people not caring about mother Earth, which leads to those who erected the gate to profit off of your ignorance. . . .

I think a proper Christianity would not be like that.
Religion has a way of devolving over time to a standard form no better that what it originally broke away from to find a better way.
People need to be constantly involved in a reformation, keeping towards the pure form without the clutter of made-up dogma.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Exactly, and my interpretation of the bible is what I believe to be the pure version, without the dogma of hell attached to it. I'm not saying I know it to be true, but to me it makes the most sense compared to any other half told truths.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

. . . without the dogma of hell attached to it.

I doubt that Jesus came to give us an accurate description of hell, something which would not be especially helpful, where the point of what he was saying was how to avoid ending up there.
My opinion is that it is a natural part of the universe and not anywhere God has to "send" us to.
I think of the universe as a wild beast that wants to eat us for dinner.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Hell is on Earth. Visit my thread here to read how I came to this conclusion, if you are interested.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

When every comeback you come up with deals with Jesus' context, no matter what I say, that is called circular logic, something religious folk are famous for.

I agree that everything he said is the truth, it just depends in what context you read it in. I have never stated that what Jesus taught was a lie, I have only stated that the context in which most people take it is wrong.

Alright, I cant force you to apply sound hermeneutics if you refuse to. If you want Christians to be the majority of people on Earth be my guest. If you want Jesus to be a star we call the Sun, more power to ya. Good luck with your journey.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join