It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I refuse to apply your context on it? I applied the context you're using for 22 years of my life, how is that refusing to? I already have.

How can you say I am taking it out of context when you refuse to even try to understand the context I am putting it in? That's like telling a person who watches a show that they didn't follow the story line when you never have even seen the show. How is that fair to me?

Again, christianity is not the narrow path, it is the wide path because most people take it. What about that do you not understand?
edit on 28-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where in the world did you get your figures from? Could you provide a link?
This website says otherwise. By these numbers 1 in 3 people are christian not 1 in 7.

That depends where you look. In probability applications it's always best to use the conservative estimate rather than the liberal one. And furthermore, many folks claim "Christian" because their parents or grandparents were Christians, or they were baptized Christian as a baby, or because they go to church twice a year on Easter and Christmas, et cetra. That's why it's best to use the conservative number. My personal opinion is the number is even much smaller than 1 billion that trust in Christ as their Savior and are doers and not merely hearers of the Word. Never trust the larger of the two estimates, especially with religion. Many in each group are apostates but still consider themselves in one of the groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So what makes you think the same logic can't apply to those who follow Islam or Hinduism in an equal percentage?

Is it impossible for the same percentage of muslims or hindus to just claim they are muslim or hindu when they really aren't?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I refuse to apply your context on it? I applied the context you're using for 22 years of my life, how is that refusing to? I already have.

How can you say I am taking it out of context when you refuse to even try to understand the context I am putting it in? That's like telling a person who watches a show that they didn't follow the story line when you never have even seen the show. How is that fair to me?

Again, christianity is not the narrow path, it is the wide path because most people take it. What about that do you not understand?

Your and my context is irrelevant, we must go by Christ's context because we are evaluating His statement. And most people people DO NOT take it for one thing, even using your link it said Christianity occupies 33% of the pie of humanity. Secondly, Christianity is not the narrow way, Jesus Christ is the Way.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So what makes you think the same logic can't apply to those who follow Islam or Hinduism in an equal percentage?

Is it impossible for the same percentage of muslims or hindus to just claim they are muslim or hindu when they really aren't?

My last sentence addressed that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What way do all christians take? Jesus' way. So yes, christianity (Jesus) is the wide path. You are seriously lacking in critical thinking skills if you cannot comprehend that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So what makes you think after applying that logic to all religions that christianity would be the smallest?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How do you know in what context Jesus was speaking? Religion is the one who claims to know in what context he was speaking, religion was created by man, you follow the context in which religion put Jesus' words in, which means you put your faith in others interpretations.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What way do all christians take? Jesus' way. So yes, christianity (Jesus) is the wide path. You are seriously lacking in critical thinking skills if you cannot comprehend that.

I'm not sure you understand simple math. Even by using your link it says Christianity has 2 billion claims. There are 7+ billion people on Earth. For Christianity to be the broad way there would need to be at minimum 3.6 billion adherents. And that's going by the most liberal estimations available. 1/3 is not a "majority".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So what makes you think after applying that logic to all religions that christianity would be the smallest?

Again.. Christ was talking about Himself as the Way, most people do not accept Him as the way, they reject Him. Do you realize in the Greek "the few" is a way of saying "not the majority"? It's the few or the many.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yet christianity takes up the largest portion of the pie chart. The largest portion of the pie chart represents the largest path. Again, what do you not understand about that?

Are you saying this in spite of me or are you really that blind?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

There are less Muslims in the world than christians, so Islam is a narrower path than christianity, so that means between islam and christianity, islam is the narrower path. Hinduism is an even narrower path. Are you starting to understand?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

How do you know in what context Jesus was speaking? Religion is the one who claims to know in what context he was speaking, religion was created by man, you follow the context in which religion put Jesus' words in, which means you put your faith in others interpretations.

Read the whole chapter. Christ states the He is the way, the truth, and the life and NO MAN comes to His Father but through Him. Context means context, you know what that means I don't need to explain that to you.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There are less Muslims in the world than christians, so Islam is a narrower path than christianity, so that means between islam and christianity, islam is the narrower path. Hinduism is an even narrower path. Are you starting to understand?

Again.. the CONTEXT is Christ is "the Way"... Muslims reject that, Hindus reject that, Buddhists reject that, Atheists reject that, Agnostics reject that, New Agers reject that, and on and on. Christ never said the belief system with the least adherents was the way, He said HE ALONE was the Way and most people would reject that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What is the only reason that Earth has life on it? The sun.

John 8:12

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people,he said,“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,but will have the light of life.”

What else is the light of the world? The sun. What else can you follow and never walk in darkness? The sun. What else turns water into wine? The sun.

Without the sun, Earth would not exist, much less life on Earth.

So if you read it in that context it is true, because through the sun we are here, in heaven. You will keep your blinders on though.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yet christianity takes up the largest portion of the pie chart. The largest portion of the pie chart represents the largest path. Again, what do you not understand about that?

Are you saying this in spite of me or are you really that blind?

So? Even by the most liberal estimation it's not the majority of people on Earth. The majority according to that chart would by "not Christian".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So you're lumping all the other religions together and leaving the religion of christianity by itself? That is SO wrong and you know it. That's almost laughable.

Why is christianity so special to be separated from this clunk of everything else? Oh, because the bible says so. It makes so much sense now! /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well, using the same logic most of the world is 'not muslim' or 'not hindu' or ' not buddhist'.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What is the only reason that Earth has life on it? The sun.

John 8:12

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people,he said,“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,but will have the light of life.”

What else is the light of the world? The sun. What else can you follow and never walk in darkness? The sun. What else turns water into wine? The sun.

Without the sun, Earth would not exist, much less life on Earth.

So if you read it in that context it is true, because through the sun we are here, in heaven. You will keep your blinders on though.

"Light" in that statement is a metaphor for "truth". As in " I am the Way, the Truth" and the Light".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Okay... Like I said, I'm covered with wool. I'm literally a sheep.

Now that the validity of my thesis has been established, this should be a warning to readers that because you take something in the Bible literally, it does not mean that is necessarily the right way to interpret it, only that you could not understand it any other way.
edit on 28-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join