It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun on Lasco has been sitting there for at least 5 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
July 19th

July 25th

It doesn't move.

It appeared on the 19th of July and it's still sitting there. Unaffected even by the solar flares.

What do you think it is?

At first I thought it might be a rock or whatever. But now, I'm not so sure.

helioviewer.org...

edit on 25-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Data artifact, hence the missing square.

I imagine it will be addressed in the next recalibration.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Now this image is interesting

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Good thread OP. Can anyone tell me why when you switch the Detector on that Helioviewer in OP's post to C3, that entire region with the object seems to be missing.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I found a similar non moving anomaly near the sun that hadn't moved in days...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then I found others...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By near the end of the thread, I had emailed the NASA guy and he said it may be dust on the lens. The object has been there years it turns out. I thought I caught something good, but these guys seem to like to leave a lot of dust on this sensitive equipment.

I don't know, but it's never a bad thing to keep looking out.

edit on 25-7-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What about these objects.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I wonder what you have here OP ?

Someone should be along shortly.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by herblamour

Those type of visible objects appear all the time, and it's hard to determine them in 1 still frame. Those artifacts move around in every frame.

I am a believer in anomalies around our sun, but I think the evidence needs serious scrutiny and much better resolution. There seems to be strange anomalies near our sun, but we can't make that determination by relying on low resolution images. Artifacts in low resolution can fool many amateurs star gazing.

Definitely something strange going on with our sun. Need more evidence and investigation before conclusions can be drawn up.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Since the spacecraft is in motion and the object remains in the same location in the image it indicates that the object is associated with the imaging device rather than being "near the Sun". Also of note, it only appears in the LASCO C2 images.

SOHO has been out there nearly 17 years. She's getting old.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Give it any bets that it will disappear in the next coming days.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I have been a huge fan of your sun threads fro about 6 months now, of course phage always comes in to ruin my hopes of ever actuallly seeing somthing truly unexplainable. But that's life I guess.

To bad your a man hater, any woman who spends time on a daily basis lookikng at stereo and soho has got to have one very sexy brain.

Oh ya almost forgot, nice find. S&F for your efforts.
edit on 25-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It will. Because the background subtraction software will make it go away. Just like it makes the other blobs go away. Which other blobs, you ask? These ones, the ones which are so very apparent in the unprocessed image.

edit on 7/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So, has anyone addressed how something could get that close to the sun in the first place?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I have been a huge fan of your sun threads fro about 6 months now, of course phage always comes in to ruin my hopes of ever actuallly seeing somthing truly unexplainable. But that's life I guess.

To bad your a man hater, any woman who spends time on a daily basis lookikng at stereo and soho has got to have one very sexy brain.

Oh ya almost forgot, nice find. S&F for your efforts.
edit on 25-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

Ah, your making me blush now...

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

How close?
SOHO is about 92 million miles from the Sun. Even if it were a physical object, why on Earth would anyone think it was near the Sun?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I downloaded a weeks worth of images in movie format, and the dust/object appears instantly - and there is also a dot that appears above the sun at the exact same time.

There are also other bits around the sun that appear at the same time. It's on the lens.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

There are also other bits around the sun that appear at the same time. It's on the lens.

Somewhere in the optical path anyway. Note that they all appear in the raw image from February (and prior as well).

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Common sense people..Common sense. Object that small in comparison to the sun seems to be approximately half the size of the earth. Nothing would remain stationary that close to the sun. As others have indicated, most likely the imaging device discrepancy.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Why is that? Because "we" don't have anything that can withstand the sun that close? Is that your "common sense"?

Gotta think outside the box if aliens exist. If they are more technologically advanced then us, then why couldn't they have something that could withstand the sun?

Just a question, please don't get to attacks here!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The point is this part of the post:

Nothing would remain stationary that close to the sun.

The SOHO spacecraft has a rather complicated orbit. It is moving both around the Sun (like Earth) and around the L1 point between Earth and the Sun. If the "object" were near the Sun and remaining in exactly the same spot in the image as well, this would mean that it would have to be moving in a manner to exactly match the orbit of the SOHO spacecraft. If it were stationary, it would move in the frame. If it were moving in any other manner than to "track" the SOHO spacecraft, it would move in the frame.

edit on 7/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join