It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSFLASH: Cops can't be everywhere at the same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
First off, I want to apolgize for posting this in the Introductions forum, as it's the only place I can post right now (under 20 posts). But in the wake of all these shootings, with more and more calls for STRICTER gun laws, I feel it's important to point out:

SHOOTINGS AREN'T GOING TO STOP. PERIOD. Even if the criminal has to obtain their guns illegally, if they are dead-set on doing harm to others, they will find a way to do so- no matter what.

With these calls for gun control, people are somehow reasoning that taking guns away from law-abiding citizens will convince nut jobs to not shoot places up.

The one thing that is similar in all these cases, is that it always take police time AFTER the shooting occurs to respond to the event.

The real solution? Let EVERYBODY have a gun on them at all times, in all places. CCW laws exist, but there's always restrictions on where guns can be held in. If ONE PERSON were to have a gun on them when this nutjob started shooting up this place, one bullet in response could have been enough to save nearly a dozen lives. Open carry laws exist in 48 states, but most people are afraid to carry because of some social stigma against the carrying of firearms.

The police can't be in all places at all times- it's a fact. People need to start protecting THEMSELVES, and not rely on others to do so.

One final fact: In the wake of 9/11, New York City started enforcing stricter gun laws, and yet gun-related violence has continued to increase in the city.
edit on 25-7-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". And you know that you can add that voice to threads that already exist on the subject. With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed,
You can contact me by a private message for more information after your reading the Terms & Conditions Of Use. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 7/25/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

join