It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland declares buying new aircrafts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Today on the news I found out that Poland wants to buy new aircrafts for VIPs. This will involve replacing old Jak-40s with newer aircrafts and Mi-8s with better copters. Tu-154s will remain in the fleet though.
wiadomosci.wp.pl... GGbX7jcdQFDpy8JyVsmnvSRe%2F7PJd0zxE0EsTTmtLsSBE22O8KOreN1NpGXZfBF

[edit on 9-10-2004 by AtheiX]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And why not.... a well developing country needs a few nice planes.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought that Poland waas goin to buy F-16's Was that True or was I mistaken.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I thought that they might lease surplus F-16's in the way that Italy has. If they are to buy new fighters as well I would think the Gripen might suit them better.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259

I was talking about aircrafts for VIPs
They say their Tu-154 was checked half a year ago. Yeah we know their tech maintenance

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

Originally posted by roniii259

I was talking about aircrafts for VIPs
They say their Tu-154 was checked half a year ago. Yeah we know their tech maintenance

Oh ok i am sorry i was mistaken. I was wondering if and when the f-15 is finally retired, will it be offered to more countries because we want money and it will no longer be the supreme frontline fighter of the US. We could also upgrade it like the Su-30 MKKI wth thrust vectoring in a producion plane ,there is NASA's F-15 ACTive but its only a test plane. Kind of reminds me of Dale Brown's F-15F Cheetah.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Isn't it the way. The airforces are screaming for more combat aircraft or new machines and the VIP jets get replaced.

The RAAF was asking for AWACs in 1977 when I first started reading Australian Aviation (its premier edition) This year thier first AWACs are being fitted out and trialled before delivery. AA carried the stories. It will be thirty years since the RAAF asked for them, and ten years since the Government said yes.

In that time the VIP Wing has gone through three generations of jets!

Also put off in that time was a replacement for our sixties vintage Caribous first panelled in the 1980 s and finally "postponed" in the early 90s. The 12 survivors of some 29 machines are scheduled to serve beyond 2010, pretty much unchanged.

Replacement of our 707 tankers have been delayed since one crashed in 1991. We are now apparently getting Airbuses, but I had hoped someone would pick up some guys idea to lease 767 pending a 777 tanker, given our geographical location and the doctrine of engaging out beyond the threat radius affecting the Australian main land.

Sorry I digress. I'm sure the Polish AF pilots on the MiG squadron will be proud of thier new VIP jets.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
my first guess would have been that Russia would have supplied Poland with any aircraft they required, have Poland & Russia drifted that far apart.

Some new MiG'z would be good for the Polish airforce

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They have now recieved all of the Luftwaffes MiG 29's

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Russia is too poor now to just give away planes, poland has to buy its own just like and other country. I think they are buying the F-16 because it is allot less maintenanse heavy than the Mig or Sukhois and also is already fit to NATO specs and not have to be retrofitted. There are tons of F-16's so they are cheap but high tech, perfect for poland right now. I have heard rumors of them buying JSF's but its just rumors.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Magazines are becoming too expensive and Ive only just started surfing the net, but from what I understand the German AF sold all thier Mig-29s to Poland, who operates a batch fo thier own.

The MiG-29 the nearest thing they have as a NATO equivelent and pending a better type, what they are flying. It will allow them to ground all older types.

I had read the F-16 F-18 Grippen Typhoon were all in the running, with a preference for F-16 or Grippen, but they are still having problems in that area vis leasing/ownership arrangements.

He from what someone told me a lot of Netherlands AF kit has suddenly become available....whats the story?.....could poland buy that?

top topics

join