It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for liberals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Let me ask this:

Are women allowed to have multiple husbands?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

2. Marriage is an vow between a man and a woman and marriage laws are their to protect families, which only a man and woman can create. If you feel strongly about allowing gays to marry, how would you feel about your own children if your marriage was called illegitimate and your children were declared by the state and adopted by gay parents?

That's retarded. Marriage "laws" are there to provide tax incentives, not to protect anyone. And how on earth does that relate to your marriage being void and your kids forcibly adopted?

Such is the logic of the insane right...

3. If you were to start a small business and have it be successful, how would you feel about being penalized for your success?

Penalized how? In having to provide adequate pay and benefits to keep their workers off food stamps?

4. The other day a pickup truck carrying 23 illegal immigrants into the state of Texas ran into a couple trees killing 14 people including small children. If you support illegal immigration, how do you feel about illegal immigrants who come into this country illegally of course that break additional laws resulting in the death of people and small children?

No one supports "illegal immigration" It's a crime and a drain on the economy. This doesn't mean those people aren't human. They shouldn't be allowed to break the law, and I really don't see anyone advocating that outside of the right's paranoid delusions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
1. How would you secure the rights of a nation and of individuals without the right to bear arms? Would you just hold signs up and ask for democracy? Would you voice your opinions on the internet hoping that somebody who has the power would listen?

2. Marriage is an vow between a man and a woman and marriage laws are their to protect families, which only a man and woman can create. If you feel strongly about allowing gays to marry, how would you feel about your own children if your marriage was called illegitimate and your children were declared by the state and adopted by gay parents?

3. If you were to start a small business and have it be successful, how would you feel about being penalized for your success?

4. The other day a pickup truck carrying 23 illegal immigrants into the state of Texas ran into a couple trees killing 14 people including small children. If you support illegal immigration, how do you feel about illegal immigrants who come into this country illegally of course that break additional laws resulting in the death of people and small children?
edit on 25-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Some much bs in these questions.

1. I'm fairly liberal and I could care less about gun control, per your definition. I own a gun. You want one, fine. NOBODY is trying to take that away. It's a GOP scare tactic and that's it. I don't personally see the need to own an entire cache of guns, but whatever floats your boat.

2. I don't care about the gay marriage issue and neither should you. I do think they could be afforded the same rights of married couples. call it a civil union or whatever.

3. Taxes are not going anywhere and ultimately, everyone will have to pay more. I'm neither greedy or in love with my money. I think about taxes once a year when I complete my return. Then I write a check and move on with my life.

4.I don't "support illegal immigration". Nobody does, despite more fear mongering. You want to secure the border? Fine. Your conservative buddies in office only care about the border during the election. Further, corporations rely on undocumented cheap labor.

Good trolling thread, though!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

1. How would you secure the rights of a nation and of individuals without the right to bear arms? Would you just hold signs up and ask for democracy? Would you voice your opinions on the internet hoping that somebody who has the power would listen?

1) Not all liberals are against owning guns. I for one own a gun.
2) Why would allowing gays to marry invalidate my marriage? Yes if I gave a child up for adoption my first concern would be that they were loved and cared for it wouldn't matter to me if the parents were gay or not.
3) No one is attacking your small business or any small business. We just want everyone to pay their fair share. It's about what is fair, just and right.
4) Again you are using a narrow paintbrush. I consider myself a liberal but I am against illegal immigration. If someone wants to come to the US let them do it legally like my family did.

Your questions reflect a very narrow minded simplistic view of some pretty complex issues. I am sorry but the issues are not that simple, just some of the people trying to use them as a political soapbox are.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I most certainly am not a liberal, but is it ok if I play too? Even if I lean a little to the right (but absolutely NOT a republican)?

I absolutely support gun ownership. I also think that there needs to be background checks and a waiting period before you can obtain a gun though. Someone who needs a gun right now is exactly the person who probably shouldn't have a gun.

Marriage is a government contract that enables two people to share their property with each other and receive some limited tax benefits (for now anyway). Your question seems unlikely though. If my children were taken from me for some reason, I don't get why you think they would be placed with a gay couple. In addition, as a Christian myself and slightly conservative, I never have understood how allowing gays to marry and have children affects my life or my beliefs in any way. Why do so many so called "Christians" get so laser focused on what other people do or don't do? Christ Himself condemned the bigoted church leaders in His time, not the people the church considered "sinners". If you are bigoted in any way shape or form - you can not honestly call yourself a Christian. I 100% support gays having the same rights as anyone else and have gay friends myself.

Like Hawking said on page 1 of this thread - I support a flat tax. The more you make the more you pay...but we all pay the same percentage of our income. And no write offs or deductions whatsoever. And no tax at all for those living under the poverty level.

This is really a nonsense question. No one (or not very many) supports illegal immigration. If, however, your little scenario played out - first and formost my humanity would kick in and we would need to tend to the injured whether they were "legal" or not. People are people after all. Then we would punish whoever was responsible with whatever the appropriate punishment was. But not the death penalty. Believe it or not I'm a somewhat conservative person who does not support the death penalty in any way. The death penalty is just legalized revenge. And before any comments are made about this view, I think it is justifiable to kill someone if it was an armed thug who was going to kill you or someone else and you shoot them first. Protecting yourself is acceptable, revenge is not.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Redneck idiots? Was James Holmes a redneck? I don't think so. How about Jared Loughner? Nope... not a redneck either. In fact they were both VERY far to the left. In fact most violence of this sort comes from the left, historically speaking. Your comment on assault rifle toting rednecks is unfounded and ridiculous, and shows that like almost all Liberals, you are very opinionated and not very informed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Now if a person with a gun would have been in that cinema, I think they could have stopped this attack.

If multiple people in the theater had guns, in all of the confusion more lives would have been lost. Think about it. tear gas + dark room + confusion + people with guns= more dead bodies...

A little something called logic.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It's simple, when you make guns illegal, law abiding citizens are the first to lose theirs, then criminals, then cops. In some European countries like Germany gun violence has decreased so much because it has become so damn hard to obtain a gun. On the other hand there are countries like Switzerland where everyone receives a mandatory 2 year military training and a rifle, again bringing gun violence to a haunting low. In America, however, you have untrained idiots with accessibility to guns. This raises gun violence. Either everyone needs to receive proper arms training and be issued a rifle/sidearm, or nobody at all. Gun's don't kill people, idiocy does.

With this being said, taking away guns will leave only criminals with guns. After a few decades, however, guns will become nearly impossible to obtain in America, causing violent crime to drop to near nonexistence. When this happens, cops will lose their guns because they won't have to worry about some imbecile with a gun shooting at them. It's a long journey, but perhaps a necessary one. I shouldn't have to worry about getting shot by some retard, and I shouldn't have to carry a gun to shoot back if said retard tries to kill me.

As for the nation's and individual's rights, you have to realize that America is not exactly a model nation. Just because we've gone off the deep end doesn't mean that gun control is a bad idea. It may not produce instant results here, but you have to think in the long term and look at nations who have successfully implemented gun control and seen a major drop in violent crime.

Guns are made for the purpose of KILLING, NOTHING MORE. Individual's rights are secured through an immaculate governing system which is people representing their peers, not the rich pretending to care about the poor for the sake of winning a vote that means nothing.

Why would this matter? Good parenting has nothing to do with gender or sexual orientation. If they aren't sodomizing each other in front of my child, which they likely aren't because homosexuality =/= imbecility and savagery, I really don't have a problem with them raising him/her, other than the fact that other adults are raising my child. Sexual orientation means nothing.

Would I be pissed if my child was taken away from me? Probably. Would it matter if the new parents were gay or straight? No, I'd still be pissed either way.

If you mean would I like regulations lifted off of corporations, hell no. Small business's should not be exempt from regulation because this would imply favoritism. Look, our understanding of "success" is shameful; success is not accumulation of wealth, it is self fulfillment. You can feel success doing nothing, and you can be absent of the feeling of success after accomplishing a great feat. Have you ever had a, "it didn't work" moment?

I don't support illegal immigration. But for the record, Obama kills small children with his drone strikes, how do you feel about that? Oh right, they aren't human because they aren't WASP Americans.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It depends. Am I defending those rights against religious zeolots who are currently keeping away the rights of individuals or are you talking about some "NWO" thing?

I'm not afraid of the NWO. In fact, I'm part of it. I'm afraid of the OWO... the Old World Order. Do I fear the government? Yep. But only because of the elements in it that insist on being intolerant of others and propagating war on every corner.

I believe in gun rights. As a HOBBY. I like my guns. I just don't fantasize about pulling them out to "save the day" when some non-existent entity comes to take away my rights to take away others' rights. In fact, if that happens, I'll be the first one to join NATO to liberate our nation.

2. Marriage is an vow between a man and a woman and marriage laws are their to protect families, which only a man and woman can create.

Since when has that been a fact?! "Marriage" is a vow between two people who love each other and has been looooong before Jesus or Captain America ever walked the Earth. Seriously. You want me to bring up all the bad-assed gay war heroes or hell... SPARTA. Does that ring a bell? The rampant hatred towards homosexuality hasn't always been as it is. Having a society with that hatred as one of its prevalent values is dangerous and horrid.

If you feel strongly about allowing gays to marry, how would you feel about your own children if your marriage was dcalled illegitimate and your children were declared by the state and adopted by gay parents?

If my marriage was called "illegitimate"? That's exactly what you are trying to do to other people! What the hell are you talking about?

I am a member of a club. I pay my dues and I'm rewarded by the business contacts. There are people who work there that don't profit from being a member. They don't have to pay dues. I think that's fair. That's called business.

And it's not called "penalized". It's called paying your dues. Without that club, you would be poor.

They should be tried by a court. If not our court, then extradited and tried in their respective country's court.

You want to drown them in urine or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join