It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for liberals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by pisssss

Not really, there is a common place for liberal issues.

This thread only questions the common place.

And your thread is based upon trumped up scenarios that your made up from thin air,
which is a common place practice in anti liberal tactics.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I'm not sure how polygamy has to do with inbreeding?
In fact that's what they say about Westerners.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by pisssss

So being proud of growing up in the country with family oriented values is ignorance? You sir are the one that needs a look in the mirror.

I am far from ignorant about a great many things in this world. The things I am ignorant about I either find to be a non issue in the world I live in or am in the process of curing my ignorance through study.

I find your barely coherent psycho babble to be quite amusing, plz sir continue to prove my point for me.

I hope you take your self curing seriously because you have a long way to go, it appears.

Another persons perspective on marriage or family does not threaten your family or your
relationships, that is a fact of reality. Lesson #1 - Your values do nothing to alter my existence
and the opposite is true too. Freedom and liberty is based upon this idea

If you are trying to prove that you are ignorant beyond measure I think I have already proved
your point.
edit on 25-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Polygymy or inbreeding?

In any case there are morman polygamists and in the west people joke about smaller towns as being inbreed, doesn't make any of it true though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pisssss

Another persons perspective on marriage or family does not threaten your family or your
relationships, that is a fact of reality. Lesson #1 -

BS the CPA group can take your children away and place them under foster care, simply for not liking you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I did not act as if I am a redneck. A lot of white liberals get pissed when they hear people using racial slurs against blacks. Does that make them black? just.... bad example. First of all, you can't speak for the person that posted it, so claiming that "its a caricature" as his motive is pure idiocy. What, you know this guys thoughts now? What does it being a caricature have to do with anything? Why does he SPECIFICALLY SPECIFICALLY SPECIFICALLY SPECIFICALLY (since obviously you can't understand this word) use rednecks as an example? Its CREATES the caricature. By the way, caricatures are known to be pretty offensive, you should know that. Kinda like... ummm doing plays in blackface. They don't do that anymore do they? hmmm I wonder why....

Buts its obvious you're a shill. I've responded to every point you have made yet you just nit pick on what points you want to respond to and do a piss poor job at that. You're the kind of person that flips the chess board after you've been checkmated and parades around as if you won. Deceiving yourself, bigot.
edit on 25-7-2012 by theroguelion because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by AQuestion

But wouldn't you be upset if the state took your children in the first place?

Also I don't necessarily subscribe to any such ideology, was that your question?

Dear thehoneycomb,

I don't think your OP was about how people feel about having their children taken away. My question is if they were taken away would you want them placed with a family that was similar to yours or not? Would you want them all placed with good Conservatives or with Liberals is you were Conservative or Liberal? Would you want the tragedy of losing your kids to be compounded by having them placed with people who did not believe in any of the things you believe in?

link   

reply to post by pisssss

relationships, that is a fact of reality. Lesson #1 -

BS the CPA group can take your children away and place them under foster care, simply for not liking you.

Propaganda

No wonder you use Hitler as you emblem

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I would want them placed with other family members.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I would want them placed with other family members.

Dear thehoneycomb,

And when that is not an option? You did not respond to my question by the way. You made up your own.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

When that is not an option I would be mad as hell and I would do something about it.

Can you re paste your question? damn spellchecker
edit on 25-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

1. How would you secure the rights of a nation and of individuals without the right to bear arms? Would you just hold signs up and ask for democracy? Would you voice your opinions on the internet hoping that somebody who has the power would listen?

I support the right to bear arms, but I don't think an average citizen needs a couple of high powered rifles and high capacity magazines that are designed to take out many people in the least amount of time. I think every person that passes a test and a mental evaluation along with a background check should be allowed to own a shotgun or handgun for self defense.

2. Marriage is an vow between a man and a woman and marriage laws are their to protect families, which only a man and woman can create. If you feel strongly about allowing gays to marry, how would you feel about your own children if your marriage was called illegitimate and your children were declared by the state and adopted by gay parents?

I will just answer part of this question, because it's just absurd. Why would the state declare a marriage between a man and a woman "illegitimate"? Gay people want to have the same rights as the rest of us. If two women want to marry then I think they should be allowed to do so. If they show good parenting skills then they should be allowed to adopt a child.

3. If you were to start a small business and have it be successful, how would you feel about being penalized for your success?

Penalized in what way?

4. The other day a pickup truck carrying 23 illegal immigrants into the state of Texas ran into a couple trees killing 14 people including small children. If you support illegal immigration, how do you feel about illegal immigrants who come into this country illegally of course that break additional laws resulting in the death of people and small children?

I don't support illegal immigration.

I do support comprehensive immigration reform. Allowing the ones that have been here for 10+ years and have started families I think they should be given a path towards legalization. They would have to pay numerous fines and GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE and wait just like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Polygymy or inbreeding?

In any case there are morman polygamists and in the west people joke about smaller towns as being inbreed, doesn't make any of it true though.

Well it is true, there are Fundamentalist Mormon polygamists, and there's also probably inbred people in parts of the US, as there are everywhere (including European royalty - just consider their hemophiliacs).

So I just wanted to say, for better or worse, but both those statements are actually profoundly true!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pisssss

Oh so now us plain dumb country folk also known as (rednecks) self heal because we are to dumb to understand what a doctor is for?

I have never once in my life used the phrase self healing until this moment. Self healing just sounds like somthing that belongs in the metaphysics forum.

Once again, I was trying to deny ignorance and point out that all racial slurs are a T &C violation, not to mention morally wrong at all levels. What is the difference between one racial slur and another? Nothing, they are all always wrong, at all times. It was used puposfully to try to degrade an entire coulture of people, that makes the user a bigot, end of story.

Full stop.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Maybe, could happen anywhere though.

I can't say that I know any of either group, personally. But who knows?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

"The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press."

Thomas Jefferson

2. Illegitmate marriage was a blanket statement, truth be told they can take your children for any # of reasons

3. Penalized for being in a higher tax bracket or as in being successful.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Yeah for sure, they don't exactly dominate the forums on ATS.
The Amish on the other hand...

edit on 25-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

you never know haha

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

When that is not an option I would be mad as hell and I would do something about it.

Can you re paste your question? damn spellchecker
edit on 25-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Dear thehoneycomb,

I will not repaste, I will repeat and clarify. You died in a horrible car crash and have no living relatives. You have a child and the state takes them to give them a place to live. Would you want them to be with a family with your basic beliefs or with a family that had completely different beliefs? I am sure that everyone reading this thread understood what I just asked you. I will not ask it again.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by pisssss

Oh so now us plain dumb country folk also known as (rednecks) self heal because we are to dumb to understand what a doctor is for?

When did I bring up any of this?

[//quote]
I have never once in my life used the phrase self healing until this moment. Self healing just sounds like somthing that belongs in the metaphysics forum.

Once again, I was trying to deny ignorance and point out that all racial slurs are a T &C violation, not to mention morally wrong at all levels. What is the difference between one racial slur and another? Nothing, they are all always wrong, at all times. It was used puposfully to try to degrade an entire coulture of people, that makes the user a bigot, end of story.

Full stop.

You are changing the subject because you had all your legs cut off.

You believing in what ever you believe is fine by me. You using that to oppress
other people and their freedom is not. That is where backwoods folks have it twisted
around. You guys want to be left alone, but you can't stand letting other people be
left alone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join