It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Taking Deadly New Role in Syria Conflict

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Al Qaeda Taking Deadly New Role in Syria Conflict

www.nytimes.com

It is the sort of image that has become a staple of the Syrian revolution, a video of masked men calling themselves the Free Syrian Army and brandishing AK-47s — with one unsettling difference. In the background hang two flags of Al Qaeda, white Arabic writing on a black field.

The video, posted on YouTube, is one more bit of evidence that Al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists are doing their best to hijack the Syrian revolution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

While leaders of the Syrian political and military opposition continue to deny any role for the extremists, Al Qaeda has helped to change the nature of the conflict, injecting the weapon it perfected in Iraq — suicide bombings — into the battle against President Bashar al-Assad with growing frequency.

Amazing that a Main Stream Media company is reporting this!!!

This is evidence that Assad is right about terrorists highjacking the country. First it was Gaddafi and Libya which fell to Al Qaeda, now it is Assad and Syria who is on their way down...

Proof of Al Qaeda (AKA the Rebels in Libya):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Video showing Al Qaeda in Syria:

Also, this proves that the International community is supporting terrorism...

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-7-2012 by daaskapital because: video

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Only the ignorant cannot see what's going on. Unfortunately for us they are the majority, especially here in Australia.

I even have doubts that Assad is killing anyone and, in fact, he is merely trying to hunt Islamic militants AKA Al-CIA-da.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is probably the biggest reason why the Obama admin hasn't intervened all this time (other than in the shadows). We have McCain calling for intervention, but the second that happens they'll start saying Pres. Obama is supporting terrorists. For real this time, though. No really, he would be then. Heh
e. .

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists are doing their best to hijack the Syrian revolution

They've hijacked it from the very start. And in fact they didn't hijack anything, they've been the core force behind the revolution since its initiation.

Also, this proves that the International community is supporting terrorism...

Surprise surprise... *vomits*
edit on 25/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty intrigued by this. Was watching the bbc news last night, they were reporting
from a Syrian hospital. But instead of it being the usual propaganda, about the monsters that the Syrian army are, it was interviewing wounded people who basically saying that terrorists were running round shooting everyone.

Now let's not be naive. The governments knew this anyway, so why the change? Perhaps they think there is to much truth on the internet to hide? Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyfEn

Now let's not be naive. The governments knew this anyway, so why the change? Perhaps they think there is to much truth on the internet to hide? Hmmm.

Too much truth? You don't say. But I think that YouTube video definitely sealed the deal. Now they are #ting bricks because the whole world has plain as day video proof. Flippity flop goes the western mouthpiece.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Only the ignorant cannot see what's going on. Unfortunately for us they are the majority, especially here in Australia.

I even have doubts that Assad is killing anyone and, in fact, he is merely trying to hunt Islamic militants AKA Al-CIA-da.

Nicely said Al-C.I.A

Now america is fighting the problem they created when russia was in afghanistan

It's all about the military industrial complex arms sale in the region

Hillary Clinton Admits the U.S. Government Created al-Qaeda

edit on 25-7-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Go the rebellion! Down with the government! Let the undisciplined rabble take charge of the chem and bio weapons! Yea team!

Boy I'm so glad the world understands that Syria should rid themselves of this leader so that the WMDs can quietly be distributed to the crazies

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I reported about this months ago and what do i get? insults from some users

You get a star and flag from me thread op.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that was a weird couple of threads I remember the mockery.

the nice crisp BANNER of freedom well displayed by AL your fun loving neighborhood freedom fighter!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Agreed! I posted this too, last week..

Like In Libya, Al-Qaeda Flags Now Fly In Syria!!,

Unfortuntately there are many on here that have no idea of the true origins of al-qaeda, don;t want to know the true origins and think that its ok for the U.S. to 'hate' them and also 'love' them depending on the situation! IF Al-qaeda was a TRUE terror organization and the US TRULY hated them, there is no way that they would be suppling them with weapons or allowing this to be reported on MSM! I mean, how many drones strikes per week kill 'al-qaeda' members?! YET, in Syria they are the U.S.'s friends.. UGH! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please do not mock the courage and honor of the Free Syrian People and Army.

There are more Syrians whom are nationalists, whom had enough of the HumanSlayer Assad and their beast supporters deceptions, lies and butchery, and are fighting back with whatever they have, Ak47s, sickles, pitchforks and even bare hands against heavy artillery, tanks, rockets, missiles, chopper gunships, fighter jet aircrafts and well fed merciless butchers.

Just because of a few videos, a few pics, with an Al Queda flag as a backdrop for a few men does not make the Free Syrian People and Army. Al Queda right now has become a successful bogeyman for propaganda purposes by ANY side. Who are they really unmasked? - Iranian govt forces stirring the pot as usual, as they had done for decades, or sunni extremists?

Leave your hatred and ignorances of a People fighting to live at the door please. Do not dishonor them, for many are dying, cut down by the brutal regime even now as I write, with China CCP govt and Putin arm twisting the world into doing nothing for our fellow human brothers and sisters suffering in pain and death right now....
edit on 25-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's not a revolution. It's Syria vs al qaeda. Just like how in Libia it was Gadhaffi vs al qaeda. aka Al CIAda

Only way to really know what's going on is to be there. MSM lies to us so I don't believe them. So I could be wrong.
edit on 25-7-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I don't think anyone is mocking the innocents involved in this proxy war... I feel for anyone without a motive who gets caught up in this.. That being said, al-qaeda being there and showing their flag AND confirmed being armed by the CIA taints any 'good' that a 'free syrian' army is doing. I personally believe its the same as libya, al-qaeda being used to change the regime in favor of the west. Its the way of the NWO, they can't have these pockets of people who aren't slaves to the global banker and NWO.. They want to make the decisions for you! For example, the houla massacre, now comes out that it was somewhat staged, and that it was heavily armed rebels killed, not a bunch of innocence to make people like you believe that NATO and the UN should intervene with increased weapons, air strikes, etc it's a sad state and soon enough NATO is going to have a 'humanitarian intervention'.. Same as libya

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ORDER OUT OF CHAOS......
This is the Illuminatti way......
Theres a sinister similarity in all these different conflicts.....one cant help but wonder if some shadow group with unlimited resources......is conducting this bloodletting of the different sects and factions of Islam, with the convenient set of opportunities the Middle East affords.....Resource rich,large very divided population, in close proximity.
A perfect set up for subtle pervasive, and far reaching plans...........Like a stew pot that can be stirred and stirred over and over, while vast profits can be reaped in both resources, and arms sales...etc.....
When you look at the history of this it would seem that as far back as the first world war, things have been nudged and battered in certain directions by outside powers......thus ultimatey setting this stage upon which the actors play their role written for them in the long forgotten past.
When you control a certain majority of any situation, the means to steer the outcome, while leaving the impression of naturally occurring events,evolving as consequences of previous ones becomes far more possibe.
The great game is comming to a vast tipping point.....the consequences of reaching it would be enormous, world wide, and unpredictable (seemingly).
The Illuminatti, agenda, is to throw the world into the breach of the next cataclysmic war,from the chaos of which they have calculated they will be able to draw their one world order......
I beieve the west will be at war with Iran, and allies soon.
But dont worry people, because the victory will be nobodys, as we will both exhaust ourselves and wind up with the chains of the bankers around our ankles.....
Al Queda is fictional at best.
There are intelligence services of many nations, using this cover to wage covert war.
Three, i can think of immediately are Isreal, The Saudis, and of course US.
More are easily possible....
Looking at the picture and watching the play unfold, we can only hope that the SPIRIT OF MANKIND will rise to full stature and we unite to end this grand design of a group of maniacs, whos desire is world domination.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
See I knew it .

The CIA has been LARPING in Syria..

Their little proxy war against the Syrian government, in an attempt to destabilize the region is all too transparent.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
People would be surprised just how much truth leaks through the MSM if you take the time to look through the propaganda-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MSM in UK-

The reality is that intervention in Syria by the US and its allies has already begun. The western powers have backed the fractious opposition Syrian National Council since the early days of last year's uprising. So have the Gulf autocracies led by Saudi Arabia, who have stepped up the flow of weapons and cash to favoured Syrian rebel groups in recent months, while Turkey has provided a cross-border base. That is co-ordinated with the US, which supplies the same groups with "non-lethal assistance" and "communications equipment".

In other words, the US and its allies are sponsoring regime change through civil war. And while paying lip service to the Annan plan for demilitarisation and negotiation, they are making sure it won't succeed.

The sickness of pretending to back a peace plan yet funded terrorists to destabilise the country to make way for regime change is beyond evil. It's truly awful.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What are you all on about?
There is a severe shortage of CIA in Syria, the exact opposite of what you are saying here.

CIA absence from Syria a setback for U.S., officials say

Source

Source

The CIA are in Turkey making sure the weapons the Arab states are providing do not get handed out to the Al Qaeda.

The C.I.A. officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks, in part to help keep weapons out of the hands of fighters allied with Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups, one senior American official said. The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so.

Source

So yes, the CIA are aware that Al Qaeda is in the area. They are monitoring arms transfers to make sure they are not given out to Al Qaeda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

The sickness of pretending to back a peace plan yet funded terrorists to destabilise the country to make way for regime change is beyond evil. It's truly awful.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

What is more awful?

a. A Syrian leader of decades SLAUGHTERING his OWN unarmed citizens by the tens of thousands with heavy ammo, non-stop for 14 months or

b. The Free Syrian People seeking for help elsewhere for help, even mere Ak47s to prevent more of their loved ones being slaughtered by the Regime by battling with them, with their lives, even against the kind of heavy ammo such as artillery and air power with their pathetic small arms?

Have you lost your conscience?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join